Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 21 - Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

kopite386 wrote: »
    Exactly its trying to weigh up whether the risk is worth it or not - pull the trigger now and get him for £8.4 mil but risk him getting injured in the fa cup or league cup
    pull the trigger before the deadline and his price will rise to im going to guess £8.7 mil

He rose last night. Most he can rise by deadline in 0.2 more.

And he's well off a rise atm. Transfers will slow way down after whatever flurry there is tonight. Hopefully he doesn't get the second rise till closer to the deadline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Tottenham are out of the League Cup.

I had a feeling they were but wasn't bothered to check it, thanks im going to swap Hazard for Alli now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Pulled the trigger and transferred out Hazard for Alli before he rises I will just have to risk him not getting injured in FA Cup - I have cover on the bench if it needs be - now with the £2.1 I have in the bank I think I will upgrade one of my sh1ity defenders and take a -4

Pulled the trigger and transferred out Hazard for Alli before he rises I will just have to risk him not getting injured in FA Cup - I have cover on the bench if it needs be - now with the £2.1 I have in the bank I think I will upgrade one of my sh1ity defenders and take a -4

He was nowhere near rising tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭raiders11

Gonna keep him, dont have Costa been main reason (Aguero and Ibra up top), have Eriksen so happy enough with Spurs cover for now....... Defence is brutal here too but its a minefield anyhow and seems pot luck most weekends

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Payet to Alli done.....pity I didn't do it 3 weeks ago :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

would like some Bournemouth midfield coverage for the next few weeks.
    stanislas or fraser?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Allis going to rise tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

km79 wrote: »

Wouldn't think so with lots of wildcards in play.

zaha is currently flagged does that me his price is protected until he returns from Africa cup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

pimpmyhat wrote: »
    zaha is currently flagged does that me his price is protected until he returns from Africa cup

No he can still go down in price but requires a lot more net transfers out now. Once he returns and is unflagged, he will be price protected for 8 days.

There's a massive difference between FPLS (93%) and Fix (21%) which is unusual. I was only looking at Fix when posting earlier.

Fpls did say that there may be some over exuberant predictions due to the wildcard factor.

Interesting to see which is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Wilson or Defoe lads? Already have Daniels and Stanislas but they've a nice run of games coming up (Hull, Watford, Palace)

pimpmyhat wrote: »
    would like some Bournemouth midfield coverage for the next few weeks.
    stanislas or fraser?

Real good question.

I went for Stanislas but that was before this weekend and Fraser started, which I wasn't expecting.

Real tough call now. I slightly prefer Stanislas but he is so so injury prone.

Am I the only one tortured over the Pedro and Willian choice ?

It's a huge call. My eyes tell me Willian (by a street) but Conte seems to prefer Pedro.

Any strong opinions out there ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Am I the only one tortured over the Pedro and Willian choice ?

It's a huge call. My eyes tell me Willian (by a street) but Conte seems to prefer Pedro.

Any strong opinions out there ?

Pedro has started 11 of the last 13 games. The 2 he missed were 'designed' rest (Conte had pretty much flagged it) and the game he was suspended for.

Pedro seems to be clearly 1st choice.

Willian was not available for quite a period when his mother died.

He was also first choice early season, iirc, prior to the formation change and to his time away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

no way would i sell kane, top scorer last season and plays every game. Jesus is going to play instead of Aguero alot,
    Pep wants aguero gone

AnneFrank wrote: »
    no way would i sell kane, top scorer last season and plays every game. Jesus is going to play instead of Aguero alot,
    Pep wants aguero gone

Pep is slowly realising he can't drop Aguero.

He might try/want to but when he wants a result he will play him. Do you think he will drop Aguero for any of the European games again ?

I think you may be right in that he doesn't fancy him but he'll have to put results over want he wants soon enough.

• Advertisement

Pep is slowly realising he can't drop Aguero.

He might try/want to but when he wants a result he will play him. Do you think he will drop Aguero for any of the European games again ?

I think you may be right in that he doesn't fancy him but he'll have to put results over want he wants soon enough.

Does he strike you as a manager that will admit when he's wrong ?
    I think he will continue doing this until Aguero is gone to madrid.
    It's madness but there's clearly an issue there. Aguero is lazy and late in training all the time apparently and rubs pep up the wrong way

Does he strike you as a manager that will admit when he's wrong ?
    I think he will continue doing this until Aguero is gone to madrid.
    It's madness but there's clearly an issue there. Aguero is lazy and late in training all the time apparently and rubs pep up the wrong way

I suppose time will tell. I think City need him more than he needs them. No doubt Pep has been trying to find a way to win without him but has been failing so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Is Adam Smith likely to start next time around after the Francis red-card?

Also contemplating a hit to bring Stanislas in for Capoue :confused:

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Is Adam Smith likely to start next time around after the Francis red-card?

Also contemplating a hit to bring Stanislas in for Capoue :confused:

Yes but they are appealing it
    Stan due to rise tonight capoue possibly fall just so you know

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

domrush wrote: »
    Wilson or Defoe lads? Already have Daniels and Stanislas but they've a nice run of games coming up (Hull, Watford, Palace)
    If Afobe doesn't go to AFCON then it will affect Wilson's game-time. Still thinking of getting him in my WC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Willian was not available for quite a period when his mother died.

He was also first choice early season, iirc, prior to the formation change and to his time away.

Yes, but the key is that the formation HAS changed and since then Pedro has started 11 out of 13 games.

It doesn't matter what you or I think of the players. Conte rates Pedro ahead of Willian and thats all that matters.

It's the same for Aguero. We might all think he should start every game, but if Pep doesn't fancy him, he won't start him. I'm a huge Aguero fan but I wouldn't touch him at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Kane was poor last night. Started brightly enough but was poor for 65-70 mins of the game I thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Any thoughts/news around Coutinho, thinking of getting Lallana in as part of the WC and keeping money ITB to get Cout.

Always difficult for a player to pick up previous form and he was in some form but might be worth a punt, perhaps a differential as well to begin with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Any thoughts/news around Coutinho, thinking of getting Lallana in as part of the WC and keeping money ITB to get Cout.

Always difficult for a player to pick up previous form and he was in some form but might be worth a punt, perhaps a differential as well to begin with.

Liverpool have some tricky enough fixtures upcoming. Their attacking output will be lower without Mane i believe. I have Lallana and happy enough 1 Liverpool mid for now. Though i'm already dreaming of a triple-up around gw28 or gw30 for their great run-in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Fant11

Payet out for Alli or Eriksen? Or hold?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Fant11 wrote: »

I certainly wouldn't hold. Either of those lads are much better options than Payet right now. As for which, I have had Alli for 2 GWs and am very grateful but I think there's little between them.

• Advertisement

alli scores way more goals than eriksen, no brainer imo

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Fant11

alli scores way more goals than eriksen, no brainer imo

Looking bud their respective stats, Eriksen output looks more sustainable. More chances created, touches in box etc. It's an interesting one.

The good thing about players like chris brunt is they are in the defender category but generally play further forward into midfield
    so you may set up 3-4-3 but effectively its a 2-5-3,
    Just said id throw that out there for those wildcarding. Also clean sheet bonus
    He has served me well and last time I looked was still around 2.5% ownership.
    A good option to have in your squad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭Lawros Tache

Fant11 wrote: »

Alli will rise again tonight if that helps any...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Any reason Sanchez is being dropped by people? Looking to move siggy on. Have 1.2m in bank but if I ditch Payet too I can get Sanchez in and antonio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Deco99 wrote:
    Any reason Sanchez is being dropped by people?

Freeing up cash towards Aguero perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Never thought I'd be saying this but Sanchez seems way more crucial right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Charlie Daniels for Adam Smith.

Sensible or Sideways?

CSF wrote: »
    Never thought I'd be saying this but Sanchez seems way more crucial right now.

Completely agree, way more necessary than any FPL player IMO (bold statement I know) but Alexis wants to be involved in everything.

He wants goals, assists, assists of assists, only way he'll be coming out of my team is through a bad injury

Completely agree, way more necessary than any FPL player IMO (bold statement I know) but Alexis wants to be involved in everything.

He wants goals, assists, assists of assists, only way he'll be coming out of my team is through a bad injury
    100%
    The only "essential " right now
    I really should just captain him every week !

• Advertisement

Morgan Schneiderlin having medical at Everton today. #mufc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

km79 wrote:
    Morgan Schneiderlin having medical at Everton today. #mufc

Good news for Baines owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

spock. wrote: »
    Good news for Baines owners.

This is very true.

I had been contemplating changing Alonso to Baines or Rose. Am I crazy to be even thinking of getting rid of Alonso for some of their tough upcoming matches ?

I have Ake, Brunt, Amat and a non playing 3.9 with Heaton and Pickford in Goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Colking wrote: »
    This is very true.

I had been contemplating changing Alonso to Baines or Rose. Am I crazy to be even thinking of getting rid of Alonso for some of their tough upcoming matches ?

I have Ake, Brunt, Amat and a non playing 3.9 with Heaton and Pickford in Goals.

I'm giving him until the Hull game anyway. He has the potential for points at Leicester in the next game too.

i just sold amat for ake, i'd keep alonso i wish i had him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

I think I'll be doing Firmino and Sterling out, Lallana and Alli in.

Reports suggest that Conte is contemplating the option of recalling Nathan Ake from his loan at Bournemouth https://t.co/ffuWdaWYxl

Reports suggest that Conte is contemplating the option of recalling Nathan Ake from his loan at Bournemouth https://t.co/ffuWdaWYxl

He's in my WC team, this would seriously féck this up for me.

Good few games for Bournemouth but couldn't see him starting ahead of Azpi, Luiz, Cahill, Kante or Matic really.

He's in my WC team, this would seriously féck this up for me.

Good few games for Bournemouth but couldn't see him starting ahead of Azpi, Luiz, Cahill, Kante or Matic really.

3 at the back . Zouma still to come back too though so unlikely

• Advertisement

3 at the back . Zouma still to come back too though so unlikely

Very versatile player though, unless Conte wants to get him more Chelsea game time.

Advertisement