Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend an attic Dual Band Antenna 2M/70cm.

• 02-01-2017 2:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭

There is so many antennas out there it is hard to know which one to get.

I am looking for a decent Dual Band antenna, which i can mount in the attic for intial SWL of the local repeater and then when I get my ticket for TX/RX.

I currently have a workman B30 10/11 Metre Antenna in the attic which is doing surprising well but obviously it can be used for RX on the above bands but I would like to have a dual band up there aswell.

Any suggestions, or would making a slim jim do a good job ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

the largest possible with most gain that will fit, i assume you cant mount outside for whatever reasons but whatever antenna you get now can be eventually mounted outside should it permit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 127 ✭✭micko45

For VHF/UHF its all about height,
    If you want cheap,
    Dual Band Ground Plane

If you want what i have, and it does the job nicely for me up about 10m.
    SkyKing Discone

It should fit into your attic.

Advertisement