Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minister hit car

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

No. I suggested that cycling into a winter bright sun on a public road equates to cycling in unsuitable conditions.

Drivers who are unable to see moving objects in front of them due to the low, bright sun should not be driving in such unsuitable conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

... There was an accident in very similar conditions this time two years ago at Blakes Cross. Two lads were hit from behind by a van, one killed and the other badly injured.
    Any time I'm on that section at around 11am with a low winter sun and a wet road, I'm bricking it for a couple of hundred metres. Visibility can be almost zero coming to the brow of the little hill when heading south.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Chuchote wrote: »
    Mmmnot really a correction, though; now the title is saying the Minister hit the car. "Minister in collision" would be neutral.
    I corrected a typo - nothing else. If you wish to discuss this further please take it to PM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

we won't be talking about anyone getting off Scott free.

I'm so disappointed you didn't go the way of cockney slang and say Ridley Scott free for a double word bike related score.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

... There was an accident in very similar conditions this time two years ago at Blakes Cross. Two lads were hit from behind by a van, one killed and the other badly injured.
    Any time I'm on that section at around 11am with a low winter sun and a wet road, I'm bricking it for a couple of hundred metres. Visibility can be almost zero coming to the brow of the little hill when heading south.

Yep I know exactly what you mean. I avoid that road for that very reason

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭morana

Beasty wrote: »
    I corrected a typo - nothing else. If you wish to discuss this further please take it to PM

the keyboard lawyers are all over this!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

So much grief over a(nother) bleedin' thread title

It should hopefully drop off the front page some time tomorrow

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement