Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NRL and all things Rugby League down under 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Damn it

Very unlucky not get the points.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Good game this morning so far with the Raiders and Roosters.

Edit: great game, right on the edge second half until the last seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

one......more......sleep :D

I'm working all day, so I'll be recording it and avoiding twitter and here, until I watch it tomorrow evening.

May the best team win!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

I'm working all day, so I'll be recording it and avoiding twitter and here, until I watch it tomorrow evening.

May the best team win!

Me too

Wow. I loved that !!! The blues unbelievable today as good as I've ever seen. Fifita and Tedesco absolute beasts!

Man I'm excited at how good this blues team can be over the next few years. Fair enough the Cane toads were a bit under strength( they were excellent in the first half in fairness to them) but bloody hell the blues were electric . I'm a very happy man.

Some intensity in that game, first half was relentless. Despite how the commentators framed the first half, I didn't really see Queensland getting anything out of the game. Thought the ref let a few too many high shots go but that's probably just the sheer pace of the whole game.

Oh and congrats to the Blues fans!

Some intensity in that game, first half was relentless. Despite how the commentators framed the first half, I didn't really see Queensland getting anything out of the game. Thought the ref let a few too many high shots go but that's probably just the sheer pace of the whole game.

You are absolutely right alot of high shots from both teams.

• Advertisement

The excellent, as always, NRL twitter feed has a nice graphic you might enjoy Kirk. :)https://twitter.com/NRL/status/870027127495708672/photo/1

Some interesting stats there. 50/50 pissesion nah Gagai with the most metres. But the most impressive star is Fafita with 11 breakthrough runs hopefully he plays like that in game 2

Possession stats in Rugby League can be pointless. Stuck in your own half, possession is useless, completion of sets of six, is another stat I often see, when you don't get out of your own half completion rates are also pretty meaningless.

I'd love to see some of the rules enforced next game, intensity and passion was off the scale, but ref is there for the rules, not to let virtually EVERYTHING go for the sake of the spectacle. Just end up with a game of bulldog otherwise.

Can't see past a NSW series win, and think it could well be a whitewash which don't come round too often.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I caught the game yesterday evening. I was surprised the Blues were so dominant in the second half. Maybe that try just before half-time rocked Queensland after they had got back into it. Fifita was immense for the Blues. Hayne stepped up as well. I thought Gagai did well for Queensland.

Warriors back to losing ways against the Eels anyway, somethings you can rely on.

Said it before, and I'll say it again. Brisbane Broncos give great value for money. Virtually every week they have a close game.

Origin hasn't done Bulldogs any favours has it, they are getting a bit of a shoeing from the Panthers so far, though not out of sight on scoreboard yet.

As our American cousins would say, stick a fork in it, its done.

Jordan Rapana had a great performance vs Manly despite the result. Took some big hits and still produced quality when needed.

Was working today so missed the Dogs. Looks like working on a bank holiday was more fun sadly enough

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/NRL/status/872196452419854336/photo/1
    I'm going for
    Sharks
    Sea Eagles
    Broncos
    Titans
    Panthers
    Cowboys
    Roosters
    Bulldogs

Good game between Sharks and Storm. I thought the momentum was with the Sharks in the second half but Storm just about held on.

Grim conditions in Manly. Similar amount of of rain to what we've been having.

Grim conditions in Manly. Similar amount of of rain to what we've been having.

Mann it was awful

Mann it was awful

Knights could have sneaked something near the end. Gruelling game and a tough watch, much better game later on, Broncos continue their run of good games to watch.

I'm getting up early tomorrow to watch the Warriors get their bums kicked. That's right, I'm a moron.

Knight's were robbed by the red too should have gone to the bunker

Well I wasn't too moronic, stuck it on record instead of getting up at 6. Glad I did, what a brilliant performance from the Warriors, great for Hoffman. Expect a shocker next week.

Knight's were robbed by the red too should have gone to the bunker

Yeah, I noticed in the next game they referred pretty much everything.

Sickener for the Raiders. Letting the Panthers claw it back (see what I did there). 8 points down with just under 2 minutes to go.

• Advertisement

Sickener for the Raiders. Letting the Panthers claw it back (see what I did there). 8 points down with just under 2 minutes to go.

They are called the Faders for a reason

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement