Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NRL and all things Rugby League down under 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,009 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I backed the dragon's but something is telling me the Warriors are going to turn it on today.Let's see.

Not so far defensively anyway. Their righthand side defence forgot to turn up.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

Good try to get before the break

Sorry Tom mann but bloody hell the Warriors are soft out wide

Sorry Tom mann but bloody hell the Warriors are soft out wide

Yeah they are, disappointing today but not a surprise, Dragons love an offload don't they. Ordered a Warriors heritage jersey (knock off) from China the other week which came this morning, so that's cheered me up slightly!

Could be worse Tom you could be a tigpies fan like my brother. They're getting smashed . They are a shambles of a club

• Advertisement

Could be worse Tom you could be a tigpies fan like my brother. They're getting smashed . They are a shambles of a club

They were pretty atrocious all right.

Man James " jimmy the jet " Roberts is exciting to watch. Would love to see him play Origin

5 from 5 so far. Not bad

5 from 5 so far. Not bad

After I said it was hard to call round, clearly not! Your heart over your head today is ballsing up your clean sweep. (Think that's forgivable though :))

Doggies made a real games of it second half. Excellent game.

• Advertisement

Wouldn't you know it was the dogs that let me down. Ah well 1 wrong is not bad. Didn't get to see the doggies yet but will watch them later anyway

Swap the Panthers with The Dragons and I reckon that's how it will and up at the end of the season

Swap the Panthers with The Dragons and I reckon that's how it will and up at the end of the season

Yeah don't think you'll be too far wrong, though I think Broncos might drop place or two, Dragons may arrest their slide a bit too.

Oh, and 1,000 posts. (this time around). :)

1000 is ambitious but Origin is just around the corner so plenty to talk about

1000 is ambitious but Origin is just around the corner so plenty to talk about

Looking forward to Origin, dunno why, but I think it'll be a very close series. Hope so anyway. Would love for some open games but I know they can be more of a war of attrition.

interesting team selections Boyd rather than Slater at fullback for the banana benders is a huge call . and why are the blues picking Hayne? also Pearce has never played well in Origin so I'm worried about that . 2-1 to the blues in the series (fingers crossed ) Thurston missing is a huge deal ,cant see him playing in game 1 or 2 .hopefully the golden generation for the Maroons is finally over.

Queensland for me, but not too fussed who wins tbh, I just want a cracking, close, series.

Support the blues Tom our day is coming!

• Advertisement

Thurston ruled out of game 1

Thurston ruled out of game 1

Good news for NSW then, I read the other day if he was only 80 - 90% fit they wouldn't risk him.

Bunnies
    Broncos
    Sharks
    Raiders

My picks for the round.

Edit: the way the Rabbitohs have started, I could be on for an epic zero from four for my picks.

Much prefer Nines coverage to Fox. Much less stilted. Saying that, that we get to see every single game, every week is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Eels held on against the Bunnies I see.

I didn't realise the State of Origin games were so close. Nice to see Dylan Napa get a call up for Queensland. There was a game last season, i forget against who, where he was unbelievably good, smashing everybody.

Don't have a preference on who wins. Just hoping for plenty of drama. :cool:

C'mon lads go for the blues everyone outside of NSW goes for the Banana benders we could do with the support

... and they are the underdogs every year

Great first half for the Warriors, but we know what they do in second halves. That's the shirt I treated myself to the other week.

Think Warriors should only hate to play teams decimated by Origin, makes it much easier to watch :)

Edit: good win for Warriors, 2 for 2 on my incorrect predictions.

• Advertisement

Damn it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement