Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlecomer Housing

Options
  • 02-01-2017 6:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I am looking for information on planned housing developments in Castlecomer. There seems to be little on offer at the moment and prices abnormally high in comparison to similar sized towns.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

pickmeup wrote: »
    I am looking for information on planned housing developments in Castlecomer. There seems to be little on offer at the moment and prices abnormally high in comparison to similar sized towns.

There was a few estates built during the Celtic tiger, but not as many as other towns. Ones out the Kilkenny road, on the hill. Think they're pretty nice but no idea on details really.
    Not sure why they're more expensive I'd have assumed the opposite!! Compared to where?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 pickmeup

Yes there is Oak Hill and the Acorns that were built in the last 15 years. However there was land sold for development during the boom years that has yet to be developed. Compared to some towns like Ballyragget and even some bigger towns like Carlow and Athy prices seem higher in Comer. I suppose with limited supply, prices will be higher.

Yes there is Oak Hill and the Acorns that were built in the last 15 years. However there was land sold for development during the boom years that has yet to be developed. Compared to some towns like Ballyragget and even some bigger towns like Carlow and Athy prices seem higher in Comer. I suppose with limited supply, prices will be higher.

Remember when I was buying, the auctioneer telling me about the difference between Kilkenny and Carlow prices...stick a Co. Kilkenny address on and it's adds 1000s to the price. He was talking about places around Paulstown/Bagenalstown at the time. Probably what's happening with 'Comer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

I'd imagine any planning permission from that era has lapsed by now.

catbear wrote: »
    I'd imagine any planning permission from that era has lapsed by now.

With the costs of developing land and housing currently, I can't imagine Castlecomer will be at the top of their lists just yet.
    A fair few commute to Dublin/ outskirts from there and surrounds approx 90km but can't imagine its that attractive with Athy they way it is. I know a few get the train from there.
    Op I know Athy is athy, but are houses cheaper than in Comer?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 pickmeup

There is choice in Athy. At the moment there is little choice in Comer. I know there is demand but how much is hard to tell. As I said previously land was sold around the town maybe 10 years ago. I even remember planning permission on the Kilkenny People for a development on the Clogh Road. Never came to pass but I presume these lands will be developed at some point.

Advertisement