Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bobike rear child seats?

Options
  • 02-01-2017 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭

Hi all, came across a website that seems to stock the Bobike rear child seats at excellent prices. Has anyone here bought from Athlete Store?

Link below, fellow boardie here recommended the brand to me. Would anyone have preferred options on which to buy or experience of using one? Many thanks !

https://www.athleteshop.ie/search/?q=Bobike+rear+seat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

I've the bobike tour (wraparound headrest) find it very good. Those prices are insanely cheap, sound too good to be True TBH...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

kenmc wrote: »
    I've the bobike tour (wraparound headrest) find it very good. Those prices are insanely cheap, sound too good to be True TBH...

Yes, I wonder??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

They are around £50/60 on Amazon so given it is a sale it could be legit. Never heard of the site though.

Does anyone have an idea how much space on the stem you would need to attach the bracket?

The space on my stem is very limited as the downtube is welded onto the stem in a way that leaves little room. Only space really is at the top of the stem. I see this fits 25-28mm stem so maybe a mountain bike stem would be too wide?

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

Was looking at Athletestore the other day, new site to me, and noticed they were Dutch NL based. Wouldn't be surprised if they have competitive selection of bike seats, most probably a genuine offer.

100412.2526@compuserve.com

They are around £50/60 on Amazon so given it is a sale it could be legit. Never heard of the site though.

Does anyone have an idea how much space on the stem you would need to attach the bracket?

The space on my stem is very limited as the downtube is welded onto the stem in a way that leaves little room. Only space really is at the top of the stem. I see this fits 25-28mm stem so maybe a mountain bike stem would be too wide?
    I've lent mine to a friend so can't measure it. My bike is a planet-x kaffenback, so normal sized tubes, not oversized. From memory I'd say the clamp is probably around 8-10cm high, around 4cm deep. I ended up using it rack mounted much more than on the downside mount, less bouncy

• Advertisement

kenmc wrote: »
    I've lent mine to a friend so can't measure it. My bike is a planet-x kaffenback, so normal sized tubes, not oversized. From memory I'd say the clamp is probably around 8-10cm high, around 4cm deep. I ended up using it rack mounted much more than on the downside mount, less bouncy

I've looked at google images of that bike and it is like mine with little stem space.

This bike seems to have lots of space on the stem and the stem is thin.

My bike looks like this.

Hang on a sec, your thread title says rear, yet the first link you posted (https://goo.gl/images/Q6aeoh) is a front mount. To be clear, I've only ever rear mounted, which are you looking to do?

Edit, sorry only realized it's not the op I'm responding to. Damn phone

Ya OP is looking for rear mount. I already have one of those. Looking to get the front one.

I looked at a youtube video on the bobike and it may be possible to remove some spacers from the stem to put on the attachment.

https://youtu.be/d0-1LRcoH90

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

Did a quick review of Athlete Store / Shop and poor enough reviews and feedback. Think I'll shop elsewhere - lots of cancelled orders, delays, hassle getting refunds. If it's too good to be True....

Advertisement