Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurancelink

Options
  • 02-01-2017 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

would insurancelink have detail of all claim ? the reason i ask is i run transport company and it would handy to know if driver are tell the true about have no claims ete

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

tom85 wrote: »
    would insurancelink have detail of all claim ? the reason i ask is i run transport company and it would handy to know if driver are tell the true about have no claims ete

Insurance link has restricted access ie it can only he used to check details of an individual that is making a new claim with an insurer and that claim is going to be paid. You cannot just look for random peoples details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭tom85

Rod Munch wrote: »
    Insurance link has restricted access ie it can only he used to check details of an individual that is making a new claim with an insurer and that claim is going to be paid. You cannot just look for random peoples details.
    So is there any way to know if a driver is tell truth about there claims history .if i made any new driver i take on .to do insurancelink report then i should be able to tell right ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

tom85 wrote: »
    So is there any way to know if a driver is tell truth about there claims history .if i made any new driver i take on .to do insurancelink report then i should be able to tell right ?

Im not sure where you got the idea that anyone can access insurance link.

As I said above, its a restricted access tool, the general public do not have access to it.

If you are concerned about taking on new drivers what I'd suggest is that you request proof from them of their driving history.

If they have been working in the transport industry tell them you need a letter from their last employer confirming they were emoloyed and a letter from the insurance company confirming no claims were registered under their name.

If they are new to the industry then request a copy of their own no claims bonus to confirm they are claims free.

If they are unwilling / unable to provide this then don't hire them.

Advertisement