Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

September 2017 Babies Club

• 02-01-2017 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭

Hi, great Christmas here as we found out that we're expecting our first baba. 5 weeks 1day gone with a due date of 3rd September :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Lumina

4 weeks, 6 days here. Due 5/9/17.
    Trip to the GP tomorrow for the wife :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Congrats guys :D

Very early days for us. Due 14th September but the tests are getting stronger every time.

Feeling very hopeful.

One boy already, he's 6 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Minnie2017

Congrats to you both. Had ours confirmed with GP last week. Only symptoms are tiredness and frequent trips to the loo so it's still a bit surreal

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭moleary20

Same here, due 1 September 2017 - first baby and completely unexpected so still trying to get my head around the whole thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Jixa

Hi all!

Just found out the news too and was definitely a surprise for us! First time momma so a bit nervous! ☺️

• Advertisement

Sent my forms off today so starting to feel more real ��

Minnie2017 wrote: »
    Sent my forms off today so starting to feel more real ��

OOOH. What forms does one do?

My GP had given me a form for the infant & maternity scheme, as well as my maternity booking form for the hospital.

Congrats all. My, but things have changed in the last 35 years! In my day, we just got referred by GP and turned up at clinic! Happy days!

I'm going to the Doctor as soon as I'm 'late'

Still another couple of days to go, but I took another test this morning and the line is popping up straight away. Both lines (First Response) are equally bright now :D

Also, feeling very fatigued and my back is killing me.

Touch Wood*

• Advertisement

Future mam went to doctor today. Paid 50euro to see GP for 1 minute then sent to other room to get a blood test for 25 euro from the nurse then left. GP surgery could have said it was a blood test only beforehand!

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭starface

Lumina wrote: »
    Future mam went to doctor today. Paid 50euro to see GP for 1 minute then sent to other room to get a blood test for 25 euro from the nurse then left. GP surgery could have said it was a blood test only beforehand!

I didn't have to pay my GP today because she said it'll be covered under the pregnant woman scheme?

I did have to pay for the flu jab though but I'm surprised they charged you for the GP visit.

Fingers crossed xzanti X

Starface. Did your gp recommend the flu jab already? Mine told me to wait until 10 weeks or so?

The sore boobs have finally hit, alongside the epic tiredness. Am missing the daytime naps I had over Christmas now ��

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭BOB2017

Hi all!! Joining you here having originally posted in August thread as saw GP today and she confirmed due date of 3rd September - same as you minnie2017!! I didn't have to pay, she said it's covered under free antenatal care. No flu jab needed either, got it already through work.

How did ye make decision re hospital/domino scheme etc? My GP recommended I do domino but I don't really want to! Decided to go to Coombe as I was just have a feeling that's where I want to go (no particular reason at all it's strange!!). So have to let her know and she'll send off forms for me.

Congrats all isn't it so exciting ðŸ˜

Yeah she recommended it today. I'm just six weeks gone.

I also got recommended the flu jab. GP told me that it's okay to get it at any stage. I might do it asap because I'm currently feeling fine these days so I don't want to be feeling awful from the flu jab mixed with all the other symptoms.

I'm unsure which hospital too. GP asked me and I panicked and said Holles St. But I'm between there and the Coombe. It's all so confusing to me at the moment, still in the shocked but very happy stage so trying to figure it all out.

Hope everyone is feeling okay 😊

BOB2017 wrote: »
    Hi all!! Joining you here having originally posted in August thread as saw GP today and she confirmed due date of 3rd September - same as you minnie2017!! I didn't have to pay, she said it's covered under free antenatal care. No flu jab needed either, got it already through work.

How did ye make decision re hospital/domino scheme etc? My GP recommended I do domino but I don't really want to! Decided to go to Coombe as I was just have a feeling that's where I want to go (no particular reason at all it's strange!!). So have to let her know and she'll send off forms for me.

Congrats all isn't it so exciting ðŸ˜

I've decided on the coombe also :) hoping to be able to do the domino scheme. I picked the coombe as it's closest to home and family/friends have had a good experience there

I've decided on the coombe also :) hoping to be able to do the domino scheme. I picked the coombe as it's closest to home and family/friends have had a good experience there

For me there's only about 5 minutes difference from home to the Coombe or Holles Street, I just had it in my head I wanted to go to the Coombe and my boyfriend figured that was as good a reason as any :) After which he told me he was born there, in 9 years together I never knew that!

Anyone else going to get an early scan? Can't wait to see whats in there

Anyone else going to get an early scan? Can't wait to see whats in there

I'm planning to get one as early as possible. Place in Dunlaoghaire does them. Had it done on my last pregnancy. Very reassuring.

I'm also thinking of going Private in the Rotunda.

Rotunda because they have all my records from my Son's birth (failed induction, meconium in the waters and Strep B in the placenta leading to an emergency C Section).

Private because I don't want to have to queue for hours on end in that giant waiting area on every visit :(

I'm planning on getting the early scan & having it as part of his valentines present.... It'll be a win win for us both :)

• Advertisement

Back in the GP at the moment for an appointment. The day I came here to confirm pregnancy I was waiting an hour to be seen and now today it's the same. Still waiting and appointment was at 3:30. Very annoying and feckin starvingggggg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi. I'm due Sept 01! V excited first pregnancy! Went to doc y day and he charged me 45e for d visit? Is that right ? I expected it to be free so I took no cash!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 babybaby2017

Hi. I'm due Sept 01! V excited first pregnancy! Went to doc y day and he charged me 45e for d visit? Is that right ? I expected it to be free so I took no cash!all he did was take my blood pressure.. Wud it be ok to change doctors now.. I rarely visit doctor and he has been the one I wud go to but found him kinda useless y day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Some gp's charge for first visit, others don't, it's very unfair. At first appointment they usually just do weight, blood pressure and then some do a test others don't, there isn't much else to do at that stage.

That isn't very annoying that some doctors charge and others don't. It's pregnancy related so surely it should be covered.

There isn't much they can do in the first visit. Mine just did a pregnancy test and took my weight and blood pressure. We talked about hospitals too.

I'm the idiot who isn't sure about her due date. Will I find out as the baby starts to grow or will they just estimate and go with that?

starface wrote: »
    That isn't very annoying that some doctors charge and others don't. It's pregnancy related so surely it should be covered.

There isn't much they can do in the first visit. Mine just did a pregnancy test and took my weight and blood pressure. We talked about hospitals too.

I'm the idiot who isn't sure about her due date. Will I find out as the baby starts to grow or will they just estimate and go with that?

Congrats :)

Due date calculator below

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi5_avI_K_RAhVFthoKHfORA48QFghCMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.babycenter.com%2Fpregnancy-due-date-calculator&usg=AFQjCNFhPplxgLISEE0sgVQ-bfdas4ET-A

xzanti wrote: »

I don't know the date of my last period. I'm only a few days out though so it's not too big of a deal. I had just come off the pill so my period was all over the place and I wasn't organised enough to write it down.

Anyone already with kids know what would be handy to get now while sales are still around to some extent?

My doctor would have charged me too for my first visit if it wasn't for my work gp scheme.

Am I right in thinking that all subsequent visits to gp are covered by the hse infant and maternity scheme?

• Advertisement

My doctor would have charged me too for my first visit if it wasn't for my work gp scheme.

Am I right in thinking that all subsequent visits to gp are covered by the hse infant and maternity scheme?

Minnie I think it's only 5 pregnancy related visits that are covered under that scheme. I think that's what my GP said but could be wrong.

Jixa wrote: »
    Minnie I think it's only 5 pregnancy related visits that are covered under that scheme. I think that's what my GP said but could be wrong.

Yep, spot on.

Links for anyone who's confused like I was :o

http://www.hse.ie/eng/services/list/3/maternity/combinedcare.html

My GP didn't charge me, she counted it as one of the free visits - she just took my blood pressure & got me to lie down so she could check my tummy. Then she talked a bit about hospitals & got me to sign the combined care and hospital forms, and gave me some useful websites for info. No weighing or pregnancy test though - she said there aren't false positives so congratulations 😊

How's everyone feeling symptom wise guys?

Jixa wrote: »
    How's everyone feeling symptom wise guys?

Hey,

So far I'm doing good. Insanely tired, frequent trips to the loo and some sore boobs but that's it. Waiting to see if the sickness hits next week. How about you?

Ive just sore boobs , lots of trips to the toilet and feel bloated! All my jeans feel tight already! Just back from honeymoon so that cud b just due to over eating!! Im v close to my sister who has been tryin for a baby for a while.. So im v nervous about telling her.. Incase shes upset..but i kno if i dont tell her soon she ll be put out i didnt tell .. Anyone have a problem like this?

• Advertisement

[QUOTE=babybaby2017;102195880.Anyone have a problem like this?[/QUOTE]

Any chance she'll guess? Save you the awkwardness! I've a feeling my sis will guess long before I get round to telling her

I'd forgotten about the bloating..... Some days are worse than others. Certain work tops have been put to the back of the wardrobe already

Ive just sore boobs , lots of trips to the toilet and feel bloated! All my jeans feel tight already! Just back from honeymoon so that cud b just due to over eating!! Im v close to my sister who has been tryin for a baby for a while.. So im v nervous about telling her.. Incase shes upset..but i kno if i dont tell her soon she ll be put out i didnt tell .. Anyone have a problem like this?

I'm pretty much same as you. No nausea or anything like that yet, so was getting a little bit nervous. But still early days I guess.

I'm the same kinda. My mam has jmoved into mine and boyfriends house the day after I got pregnancy confirmed. I'm a bit worried about what she will say so I keep putting off telling her. But if I don't tell her and she finds out by herself or has suspicions she'll be upset I didn't tell her. We're quite close and got even closer since I had moved out of home. It's really tough to know what to do hey?!

As for symptoms, the nausea has just kicked in the last day or so and the thoughts of some foods just make me queasy and feeling full a lot quicker than normal. My boobs are tender and feel very big & heavy, got measured and I'm both a cup size and back size bigger already! Getting headaches too and very thirsty so going to toilet a lot

I know what you mean about telling people - I don't know if we will tell anyone before 12 weeks, I'd like to tell my best friend but haven't mentioned it yet. My boyfriends Mam knew about his sisters pregnancy from the very start so I'm not sure how she'll react to us waiting so long to tell her, but I know she won't be able to keep it to herself once we do

Ive just sore boobs , lots of trips to the toilet and feel bloated! All my jeans feel tight already! ?

Congrats :)

All the above for me, plus I've developed an addiction to taking pregnancy tests :o I think I'm a tad paranoid. Anyway, they're all good and strong TG.

Last week was pretty rough. I had awful backpain and cramping, which has eased off. Although I did have a bad cold/flu so it was hard to decipher what was cold related and what was pregnancy related.

I'm feeling very crampy every morning, I can already feel something is 'different' when I wake up in the morning time. Like a twinge or something. No bleeding thankfully. Touch wood.

4 weeks and 4 days.

Congrats xzanti, what's your edd?

How's all doing today?

Started w6 yesterday and by god have my boobs got sore and heavy. May have had my first experience of the morning sickness today on the bus to work. it was either that or the heat of it.

• Advertisement

How's all doing today?

Started w6 yesterday and by god have my boobs got sore and heavy. May have had my first experience of the morning sickness today on the bus to work. it was either that or the heat of it.

Think I'm getting the morning sickness too.... pretty much all I could stomach today was tuc crackers! Already out of some of my clothes too it's crazy :) mind you that could be the extra Christmas lbs added to the bloating

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭noanoa

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if I can join in. First baby for us - due 1st September. Going to the Rotunda with Sharon Cooley.

I got my flu jab last week at 5+4.

Had a it of brown discharge last Saturday but it was just a once off - got upset but have relaxed again.

Have a scan Wednesday week so looking forward to that hopefully all is good.

noanoa wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if I can join in. First baby for us - due 1st September. Going to the Rotunda with Sharon Cooley.

I got my flu jab last week at 5+4.

Had a it of brown discharge last Saturday but it was just a once off - got upset but have relaxed again.

Have a scan Wednesday week so looking forward to that hopefully all is good.

Welcome and congrats xxx

How's all doing today?

14th of September (please God).

I'm very bloated today, boobs very sore, eating everything I can find. No sickness yet.

14th of September (please God).

I'm very bloated today, boobs very sore, eating everything I can find. No sickness yet.

Sounds exactly like me at the moment :p

I think I'm going to go for private maternity care. Do I have to go bk to my doc to refer me to the consultant I picked or do I contact her directly?

Just booked an early scan, 2 weeks from now :eek:

I'm anxious as feck!!! :o Need something to work towards though. Fingers crossed.

Just booked an early scan, 2 weeks from now :eek:

I'm anxious as feck!!! :o Need something to work towards though. Fingers crossed.

Mine is this day week.... very excited about it!!! Nervous too though

Best of luck :D

Where did you ladies book your early scans? Any recommendations? I've been scoping them out online and was thinking of black rock

• Advertisement
Advertisement