Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

September 2017 Babies Club

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Minnie2017 wrote: »
    Where did you ladies book your early scans? Any recommendations? I've been scoping them out online and was thinking of black rock

PM Sent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭BOB2017

So how is everyone feeling? Has anyone told anybody yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Jixa

BOB2017 wrote: »

Im actually feeling okay. I feel a lot more tired and bloated. I'm not sick as such but there's very infrequent waves of nausea. How about you?

I told my mam last night. It was very emotional. I wasn't going to say anything for a few weeks but we've always been close so it almost felt wrong not telling her. I feel so much better now that I have.

Im actually feeling okay. I feel a lot more tired and bloated. I'm not sick as such but there's very infrequent waves of nausea. How about you?

I told my mam last night. It was very emotional. I wasn't going to say anything for a few weeks but we've always been close so it almost felt wrong not telling her. I feel so much better now that I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Minnie2017

I'm still tired with sore boobs. Not much nausea now which is great. And still keeping quiet though it's bloody hard isn't it?

I go through phases of feeling tired, then energetic, and back to tired again.

Having a lot of ligament pain at night time, if I move suddenly or cough.

I did another digital test today. I couldn't help myself. Was risky as I just got a 1-2 result on Saturday, so really I should have given it a full week. But thankfully I got my 2-3 result today. So that's very encouraging.

I am an awful eejit, I've zero patience :o

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭noanoa

I think I'm going to go for private maternity care. Do I have to go bk to my doc to refer me to the consultant I picked or do I contact her directly?

Iv gone with private also - I just rang the hospital and booked in with the doctor I wanted. The offered an early scan so going for that next week. Then booked in for my 12w scan on the 15th Feb.

Im feeling okay - very tired. Food is not appealing either I'm hungry but don't want anything and I love my food.

xzanti wrote: »
    I go through phases of feeling tired, then energetic, and back to tired again.

Having a lot of ligament pain at night time, if I move suddenly or cough.

I did another digital test today. I couldn't help myself. Was risky as I just got a 1-2 result on Saturday, so really I should have given it a full week. But thankfully I got my 2-3 result today. So that's very encouraging.

I am an awful eejit, I've zero patience :o

This made me laugh, those tests can be addictive can't they :)

Has anyone got any dates for 12 week scan and appointment?I sent my letters off to the coombe on Sunday so hopefully hear something soon. Dying to find out because I feel like it will just keep me going.

• Advertisement

Jixa wrote: »
    Has anyone got any dates for 12 week scan and appointment?I sent my letters off to the coombe on Sunday so hopefully hear something soon. Dying to find out because I feel like it will just keep me going.

Hey, I was like that too. Needed a focus. I sent mine on the 3rd Jan and hadnt heard anything so rang them yesterday. They said there's a backlog at the moment which they're clearing. They were able to give me my appt time and date over the phone and said it should be with me today

Hey, I was like that too. Needed a focus. I sent mine on the 3rd Jan and hadnt heard anything so rang them yesterday. They said there's a backlog at the moment which they're clearing. They were able to give me my appt time and date over the phone and said it should be with me today

Is there a scan with the first appointment? That's great you have your date and time now, must be exciting! Every little step along the way is though isnt it :)

I just sent off my forms yesterday as the doc sent in a letter to them and they posted it out to me, hopefully I won't have to wait too long to hear but I've an early scan next Wednesday anyway so that will keep me going!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Hi all, I am due 5th (ish)sept. So sick and tired. Mentally drained at the mo from it. Trying to take it day by day at work but don't know how long I can keep going :(
    My first app is at 11weeks :)
    Stomach very bloated, clothes are tight :(

Congrats Millem :)

I forgot to say Congrats to all!

@BOB2017

When I went to my gp she said that you may or may not get a scan at the appointment. She said they're getting more and more stingy so I think it's what just happens on the day. Doc said I might have to wait until the 20ish week appointment to get a scan but definitely will not be waiting that long.

Congrats Millem and Welcome xxx

• Advertisement

Congrats Millem

I got sent appts for both my booking and my scan from the coombe :) both on the same day.....counting down already

I'm going to the Coombe as well minnie2017 so hoping it will be the same for me re scan, my GP had said the only scan is at 20weeks if you're public so maybe that's why. We shall see soon enough hopefully!!

Congrats millem! there's a good few of us now :)

Girls wasn't going to join until I had first scan to be on safe side but tbh think I will need words of encouragement before then!!!!
    I have no idea mentally how I managed on my son with sickness. I am just so cranky and tired :( my house is a mess :( so behind on my corrections for school :(

I think you have scan at first app? Not sure though tbh. I get scan at the 11 week app in holles st. I think I will really be less than 11 weeks though.

I'm going to the Coombe as well minnie2017 so hoping it will be the same for me re scan, my GP had said the only scan is at 20weeks if you're public so maybe that's why. We shall see soon enough hopefully!!

I'm going public, and am sorted. You'll know soon enough. The correspondence is very informative and makes it all so much realer if that makes sense

I'm going public, and am sorted. You'll know soon enough. The correspondence is very informative and makes it all so much realer if that makes sense

• Advertisement

That's brilliant minnie2017 thanks a million for the info! wonder will we run in to each other at some stage seeing as we're due the same day!!

Millem sounds like you're having a rough time, hope it eases off for you. I was suffering with nausea earlier in the week and felt I wasn't able to eat but then the days I forced myself to eat something I felt a lot better. Then again I was worried something was wrong when it eased so catch22!

I've only told one person other than my boyfriend, and that was only because I really had no other option but was so lovely to tell someone! I can't wait to tell my family - my Mam passed away a few years ago so it will be very emotional but they'll be thrilled

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Caitnb

Hi Girls, congrats to all you lovely pregnant ladies! I'm due on September 20 with number 2 and very excited!

Number 1 was a huge (but fabulous) surprise so I've never really had this excitement and I'm loving it (and loving the testing, hehe....picked up loads of cheapies to watch that line getting darker!)

So far so good on symptoms, boobs are bigger and only queasy if I don't eat! I am pretty tired too but now addicted to pregnancy forums so browsing those at night instead of sleeping lol!

Caitnb wrote: »
    Hi Girls, congrats to all you lovely pregnant ladies! I'm due on September 20 with number 2 and very excited!

Number 1 was a huge (but fabulous) surprise so I've never really had this excitement and I'm loving it (and loving the testing, hehe....picked up loads of cheapies to watch that line getting darker!)

So far so good on symptoms, boobs are bigger and only queasy if I don't eat! I am pretty tired too but now addicted to pregnancy forums so browsing those at night instead of sleeping lol!

Congrats Caitnb!!! Addicted to pregnancy forums sounds familiar haha ;)

Girls is anyone thinking of getting the harmony test?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Caitnb

I'll go for the anomaly scan....are they the same thing?

The harmony test is a blood test that checks maternal blood for the presence of extra chromosomes and can identify some abnormalities. I haven't thought about it really but I don't really want to get it, no. Maybe I'll change my mind but at the moment i don't think it's something I want to do

Im thinking of getting it done Millem - My sister in law got it done two years ago. I just cant make up my mind.

Noanoa I wasn't going to bother tbh I am 32. I haven't made up my mind yet. I can be a worrier at times so at least that would be one less thing to worry about! You can find out the gender too!!! I don't really understand though the results! You get a 1 in whatever chance? So not a yes or no answer.

Im 30 - My sister in law and brother would of been 37/38 so thats why I think they got it done. I know it was crazy that they found out at 12 weeks what they where having.
    Yeah I think its a 1 in whatever could be 1 : 500 or 1 : 10000.
    Ha I'm the same as you - I'm such a worrier also - I worry about everything so thats the only thing - Think I would like to know whats coming and prepare myself for it.
    I have an early scan next Wednesday so might ask the consultant what she thinks.

Brill noanoa let me know what consultant says! I don't think it was out when I had my son in 2014! Or maybe it was but never heard of it. Lots of people were getting that nuchal test at that time. I didn't bother. I had the nuchal scan though not the nuchal blood test. Maybe I will just get that?

• Advertisement

As this is new to me, I just looked up both scans. Won't be getting either I don't think. Will deal with whatever comes, as it comes

Millem wrote: »
    Girls is anyone thinking of getting the harmony test?

I never heard of this. Thank you!! I'm definitely having it.

As this is new to me, I just looked up both scans. Won't be getting either I don't think. Will deal with whatever comes, as it comes

Yep that's how I feel about it too

Got my appointment for my booking appointment! Woohoo let the countdown begin :)

Jixa wrote: »
    Got my appointment for my booking appointment! Woohoo let the countdown begin :)

Ah brilliant :) I sent mine Thursday so hoping to hear back this week at some stage. Like my boyfriend said it all still feels a bit make believe!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 babybaby2017

How's everyone feelin. I am 7 + 2 days...and no morning sickness yet.. I've read its normal to get it around week 6. How r ye all feelin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Some people never get morning sickness, enjoy it if you don't have it!

I had my first bout of sickness today (7w) and am hoping it sneaks back off into the background. I was a pretty picture puking into a bag in the car :( not my finest moment but what can you do?

I've had nausea and a LOT of burping but no vomiting yet, my sense of smell is so strong though that it can't be long before something pushes me over the edge!

• Advertisement

My sickness started a bit yesterday morning. A few trips to the loo but didn't actually get sick so waiting for it to properly hit and not looking forward to it at all :( Back to work tomorrow after the weekend off so have to try and figure out a way to keep it on the down low as still waaaaay too early for people to be getting suspicious!

Got my letter from the Rotunda, I've to go in on the 27th for my first appointment with the Early Pregnancy Unit.

Feeling very bloated, slight nausia comes and goes, lots of loo trips, boobs are beyond sore.

Cramping comes and goes. I was in Ikea yesterday and I had to go sit down and let the Husband kick on with it.

I worry when I have cramps, I worry when I don't have cramps. I just WORRY :o

Xzanti, I was on my way to ikea yesterday when I was sick.....maybe it's something about the place ;)

More nausea this morning too, am taking it as a good sign that things are progressing as they should. If I don't do that, I'll end up in a massive pity party for one :)

Anyone elses mind/body playing constant tricks on them?

I can't be the only one who's being consumed by 'knicker watch' and the mystery trickle? :confused::o:eek:

It's driving me to distraction.

Thankfully not :)

The first week of it was bad enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Justsmile1

I'm 6 weeks had cramping yesterday and slight spotting got so worried as I've had previous miscarriages.
    No sickness just tired and cranky haha. I've yet to make my hospital appointment, what hospital are you going with?

• Advertisement

Justsmile1 wrote: »
    I'm 6 weeks had cramping yesterday and slight spotting got so worried as I've had previous miscarriages.
    No sickness just tired and cranky haha. I've yet to make my hospital appointment, what hospital are you going with?

Congratulations!!! Sorry to hear about your previous miscarriages x

I'm going public in the Coombe - just had it in my head that's where I wanted to go! I'm outside the catchment area for Domino/early transfer home though but it's my first so I'm happy to have the hospital appointments etc. Plus I'm kinda intrigued by the water birth idea which is only available in the Coombe :)

Anyone else feeling massively bloated in the evenings or after eating? Went out for lunch with work today and my trousers are soooo tight after it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 babybaby2017

im in limerick... im going private and for my first consultation /scan on the 6th of feb will be just over 10 1/2 weeks by then .. really excited.... feeling good apart from the tiredness but that's fine as ive nothing else to be doing in the evenings only to relax. very bloated aswell but I think ill try improve my diet going forward to help.

Girls I am kinda thinking of switching from semi to private??? It will cost me an extra €1200 out of my own money. (Without tax back). Semi only costing me €105. Need to decide by end of week as private app would be tues/weds!

Millem wrote: »
    Girls I am kinda thinking of switching from semi to private??? It will cost me an extra €1200 out of my own money. (Without tax back). Semi only costing me €105. Need to decide by end of week as private app would be tues/weds!

That seems like amazing value for private! I've no health insurance so just went with public. I don't know much about it but i have seen people say there's not a great lot of difference between public and semi-private if that helps!

That seems like amazing value for private! I've no health insurance so just went with public. I don't know much about it but i have seen people say there's not a great lot of difference between public and semi-private if that helps!

public is not an option. I started off public last time and never ever again. Ended up getting on domino. Can't cope with the queues or being the 10th bed in a 6 bed ward (AGAIN). I don't want to do domino as I want a scan every time and do not want to leave hospital early.

I plan on taking 2 weeks unpaid leave so the difference could me my wages those weeks :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement