Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

September 2017 Babies Club

1404142434446»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Anne_cordelia

Millem wrote: »
    I dunno anne we are out constantly tbh and baby doesn't sleep much at all. I know every baby is different but I can only compare him to my older boy. Then my friends tell me their formula fed babies are sleeping through at 6 weeks and 7 weeks :( today I am really feeling it now to be honest.

I know the feeling. I need to block out those stories myself about sleeping through the night babies. I find if I stay in bed in the mornings, my daughter will feed feed feed for hours and I can do nothing but if I go out and about she will feed every 2-3 hours. The fresh air completely knocks her out too whereas at home it’s mostly cat naps.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Sienaa

If you get out and about you will find baby sleeps better and feeds less often and more efficiently. Fresh air is good. 8 weeks cooped up in bed isn’t healthy.

Oh Anne, he used to sleep for an hour in pram now only half an hour if I'm lucky. We still go out every day, but I can't really venture far from home as once he starts crying there's no stopping as he won't take pacifier.

Sienna I feel your pain. We are 9.5 weeks in and for me it's not getting easier :( don't get me wrong baby latches on no problem....but feeds so frequently I am so so tired. I am up since 5 feed as 3 year old was up at 6. I am in bed now feeding....3 year old playing with mega blocks in his room. Roll on 7pm!!!
    Ah that's hard. The same here latch is good, but eats often. Dad tried to give bottle today with breast milk. He only took 2oz and then started playing, no wonder he eats so often if that is what he takes from breast.
    I do prefer nights actually myself as then there's no crying at least after 8pm. I can change the nappy, feed him and his out. Wish the days would be so simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Sienaa wrote: »
    Also we outgrew the vomiting /Spitting up a lot, it was very bad till 6 weeks, now he does it once in a while and mostly if I put him down to soon after feeding.

Oh, these anecdotes are music to my ears, gives me hope!

Ah that's hard. The same here latch is good, but eats often. Dad tried to give bottle today with breast milk. He only took 2oz and then started playing, no wonder he eats so often if that is what he takes from breast.
    I do prefer nights actually myself as then there's no crying at least after 8pm. I can change the nappy, feed him and his out. Wish the days wou
    ld be so simple.[/Q

Opposite prob here. Sleeps most of the day and hopeless at night, until 3/4 am! I dread the nights but I really try to get sleep if I can - if my partner's at home- in the evening at some stage even if only 7-8 or 11-12pm. It gives me some juice to survive the night shift when I'm really struggling to keep awake and not drop baby!!

• Advertisement

73trix wrote: »
    Opposite prob here. Sleeps most of the day and hopeless at night, until 3/4 am! I dread the nights but I really try to get sleep if I can - if my partner's at home- in the evening at some stage even if only 7-8 or 11-12pm. It gives me some juice to survive the night shift when I'm really struggling to keep awake and not drop baby!!
    I remember those days at the very beginning, I had the same. Was googling stupid stuff all night just to keep myself awake.

Also for reflux we were prescribed Zantac by GP as he was so bad at 6 week check up. I bought it and said will take it from tomorrow, but never got to use it as the next day Spitting up magically disappeared over night. But my GP swore by it, she had used with all her 3 kids. Now I have 27euro worth of waste in my cupboard because of course I opened the bottle.

Oh forgot to mention my sleep saving tune: https://youtu.be/oewj_XEM1js this is the only one that gets him down for night, I have been using it since around 3 weeks. Now I can't fall asleep myself without it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

We got those horrible injections! You are meant to bring calpol with you to them....I never did!
    Anyway they were horrible horrible horrible :(

I am absolutely wrecked as per usual. Baby is 10 and a half weeks.
    I have come to the realisation I need to go to bed at 7 when my 3 year old goes!!! Still feeding a lot could be up 3 times at night :(:(
    I am going to bite the bullet and buy a baby monitor! 3 year old so bloody noisey I have to put baby upstairs for naps

Has anyone the cheapo Motorola one....no wires?

We got those horrible injections! You are meant to bring calpol with you to them....I never did!
    Anyway they were horrible horrible horrible :(

I am absolutely wrecked as per usual. Baby is 10 and a half weeks.
    I have come to the realisation I need to go to bed at 7 when my 3 year old goes!!! Still feeding a lot could be up 3 times at night :(:(
    I am going to bite the bullet and buy a baby monitor! 3 year old so bloody noisey I have to put baby upstairs for naps

Dreading, dreading, dreading the vacs. GP warned me that they are worse than my son's 3 yrs ago and advised against making any plans for the couple of days after. We were due to go away so she said better to leave getting the jab til a couple of days later but that you can't get jab any sooner than the 2 mth mark. Scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

Dreading, dreading, dreading the vacs. GP warned me that they are worse than my son's 3 yrs ago and advised against making any plans for the couple of days after. We were due to go away so she said better to leave getting the jab til a couple of days later but that you can't get jab any sooner than the 2 mth mark. Scary.

Miller the nurse doing mine had her own bottle of Calpol lol she's obviously had a few of us in forgetting ours!
    73trix She actually rang someone because LO was a day shy of 2 months (by calendar month - LO was born on Sept 4th, we were in Nov 3rd). She got the go-ahead but was told to tell me that the others would have to be 2 calendar months apart. She was also a bit hesitant to do them since it was a friday and they would be closed if we had any issues over the weekend. They normally only do vaccinations on a monday or tuesday just in case! She did warn me that LO's temp would more than likely spike because of the drops, it's a very common side effect of them she said. Advice was to give all 4 doses of Calpol (the 4th is supposed to be 'if needed'). LO was fine that day, temp did go up a bit. She was off her bottles for 48 hours after though, only drinking half her normal amount and sleep was hit & miss, catnaps more than long spells.

• Advertisement

Ms chandandler bong nurse used her calpol!!! Oh gosh o never gave him any other other calpol as tbh I thought he was grand!!! I am waiting for the red lump on his leg after men b. I paid for it for my older boy last year and he got a big lump which lasted a few weeks!!!!

No seriously those vaccs are way worse than when my 3 year old got them!!

s

There is audio one in Argos on sale http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4998211/Trail/searchtext%3EGATE.htm

Ms chandandler bong nurse used her calpol!!! Oh gosh o never gave him any other other calpol as tbh I thought he was grand!!! I am waiting for the red lump on his leg after men b. I paid for it for my older boy last year and he got a big lump which lasted a few weeks!!!!

No seriously those vaccs are way worse than when my 3 year old got them!!

I think mine was fine as well, I think the nurse was very much erring on the side of caution. We didn't have any red lump at all either. Just a little dot from the needle that was gone in no time :)

s

There is audio one in Argos on sale http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4998211/Trail/searchtext%3EGATE.htm
    Ohhhh that’s looks better than the one I was looking at?
    I hate wires!!!!! Wonder how it plugs in?

Ohhhh that’s looks better than the one I was looking at?
    I hate wires!!!!! Wonder how it plugs in?

I have a Motorola one that's probably a step down from that one. The baby unit isn't wireless, it's plugged in always. The parent unit can be recharged and has a clip that swivels so it can be used as a stand as well.

Anybody else got super gassy baby, this article shed the light on it: http://www.babycareadvice.com/article/detail/Lactose_Overload
    I tried it yesterday and OMG my babs definitely had lactose overdose. Didn't have any painful farts tonight he's usually up around 4-6am with with them for at least 2 hours and also didn't strain with his Bowel movement this morning.

So I used haaka on one breast while he was feeding on the other the day before to see what's coming out, emptied the pump every two 2oz and got 4oz of foremilk and 2oz of hindmilk and it still wasn't empty. that explained a lot, because he feeds often and not that long on one breast and starts arching and fussing until I give him the other breast. So all he ends up eating is foremilk.
    So what I did is expressed a bit at the start and stuck with that breast for the next following feedings until it was empty, but still used haaka on the other a little to relieve the pressure/not to damage supply.
    It has worked like a charm, can't believe he is so happy this morning.

We had our 12 week check up.
    All perfect thank God
    Still feeding, feeding, feeding but I think it is getting a little easier ;)
    Still have fast flow but baby is catching up

That's great Millem. A nice milestone to reach. My little one great. She's thriving, doing what she should be doing and a happy little mite. Delighted with her. She even sailed tbro her first jab so really relieved about that. Should have little to complain about but having a bad day. Mainly due to tiredness. Up since 4.30 as my son , who has a dose and has been sleeping really badly ( and me then and woke baby) and I would so love to sleep for an hour but that's impossible with a 3 yr old who needs supervision. Sometimes I find it so full on with the 2. Trying to get baby to sleep with a human tornado in the house is so Difficult. My little man has some small issues and has home programmes that I just can't seem to get to since new baby so feel so guilty about that. He's a good little guy but definitely acts up more now since baby cos of the decline in attention - more guilt. Going to have to give up breastfeeding soon too as it just takes up too much time and feeling super guilty about that.

Just feeling sorry for myself. :o

On a bad day I feel like i'm not really enjoying my maternity leave this time round and I hate feeling like that. Sorry for moan.

Should have little to complain about but having a bad day. Mainly due to tiredness. Up since 4.30 as my son , who has a dose and has been sleeping really badly ( and me then and woke baby) and I would so love to sleep for an hour but that's impossible with a 3 yr old who needs supervision. Sometimes I find it so full on with the 2. Trying to get baby to sleep with a human tornado in the house is so Difficult. My little man has some small issues and has home programmes that I just can't seem to get to since new baby so feel so guilty about that. He's a good little guy but definitely acts up more now since baby cos of the decline in attention - more guilt. Going to have to give up breastfeeding soon too as it just takes up too much time and feeling super guilty about that.

On a bad day I feel like i'm not really enjoying my maternity leave this time round and I hate feeling like that. Sorry for moan.

Oh 73trix feel the same. I am so tired. I am up about 6 times a night.
    Absolutely wrecked. Both kids and a dog are sick :(
    I feel like I haven’t spoken to my husband in so long as I tend to fall asleep at around 7.30!!!
    Baby is 4 months and night feeds have increased :(

Oh wow, that's so tough! It's exhausting isn't it? My girl wakes every 3'hrs on average. I haven't stopped bfing yet but have started to wean off this week with a 2nd formula/ night. I hate the idea of stopping completely as she's definitely my last baby and it's such a special bond but the nights kill me. The bottles in time should regulate lo's feeds somewhat. I had 2 5hr stretches last week but short lived! My low mood and sleep deprivation go hand in hand so some days are just harder than others but overall I.am feeling better. Hope the nights improve for you soon and everyone better soon. X

• Advertisement

Oh wow, that's so tough! It's exhausting isn't it? My girl wakes every 3'hrs on average. I haven't stopped bfing yet but have started to wean off this week with a 2nd formula/ night. I hate the idea of stopping completely as she's definitely my last baby and it's such a special bond but the nights kill me. The bottles in time should regulate lo's feeds somewhat. I had 2 5hr stretches last week but short lived! My low mood and sleep deprivation go hand in hand so some days are just harder than others but overall I.am feeling better. Hope the nights improve for you soon and everyone better soon. X

I would love the baby to take a bottle. No such luck here. I bought a pump which is so super powerful!! But baby point blank refuses :( it is tough going when you have another person to look after.

I hope everyone has a lovely day tomorrow with their little bundles :)

Should have little to complain about but having a bad day. Mainly due to tiredness. Up since 4.30 as my son , who has a dose and has been sleeping really badly ( and me then and woke baby) and I would so love to sleep for an hour but that's impossible with a 3 yr old who needs supervision. Sometimes I find it so full on with the 2. Trying to get baby to sleep with a human tornado in the house is so Difficult. My little man has some small issues and has home programmes that I just can't seem to get to since new baby so feel so guilty about that. He's a good little guy but definitely acts up more now since baby cos of the decline in attention - more guilt. Going to have to give up breastfeeding soon too as it just takes up too much time and feeling super guilty about that.

Oh 73trix feel the same. I am so tired. I am up about 6 times a night.
    Absolutely wrecked. Both kids and a dog are sick :(
    I feel like I haven’t spoken to my husband in so long as I tend to fall asleep at around 7.30!!!
    Baby is 4 months and night feeds have increased :(

Must be a four month thing... My one is nearly 4 months and I was up every hour feeding him last night, absolutely wrecked today... And I'm in the same boat as you - won't take the bottle now either. Had a hairdressers appointment and poor bubs was waiting patiently for me to come home to feed him as he refused the bottle. He did take it at 8 weeks though... Go figure..

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭moleary20

Hi Girls,

Glad to see all going well for ye. If anyone wants to be added to the fb group let me know, it's still super active.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭linpoo

Anyone any ideas what they are going to get their toddlers for Christmas?

linpoo wrote: »
    Anyone any ideas what they are going to get their toddlers for Christmas?

We kind of have every toy as have a 4 year old!!! What my guy plays with alot is a play market stall!! He loves the play food which velcros together....loves to open/close the canopy and play peek a boo!
    He does mega blocks and duplo too but doesn’t really do it properly....loves knocking them down and putting them into the toy box!
    We also have a cosy coupe car in garden :)

We did have the little tikes country cottage playhouse but we got a big job done on house/garden and skipped it. I would highly recommend it if you want a plastic house!
    So ready need to buy them a new playhouse but think I will get them a bigger wooden one!

I will buy him some lift the flap books.....he loves them :)
    I actually bought this for him too at a sale of work as he loves dancing!!

We kind of have every toy as have a 4 year old!!! What my guy plays with alot is a play market stall!! He loves the play food which velcros together....loves to open/close the canopy and play peek a boo!
    He does mega blocks and duplo too but doesn’t really do it properly....loves knocking them down and putting them into the toy box!
    We also have a cosy coupe car in garden :)

We did have the little tikes country cottage playhouse but we got a big job done on house/garden and skipped it. I would highly recommend it if you want a plastic house!
    So ready need to buy them a new playhouse but think I will get them a bigger wooden one!

I will buy him some lift the flap books.....he loves them :)
    I actually bought this for him too at a sale of work as he loves dancing!!

same! A 4 year old with every variety of toy bar girlie ones so for her bday, we bought a little push along/ ride along car - the first "girlie" thing in the house! She love, love, loves it!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Disney-Minnie-Mouse-First-Activity/dp/B007TG8HPI/ref=sr_1_16/260-3619011-4366642?s=kids&ie=UTF8&qid=1542053099&sr=1-16&refinements=p_n_featured_character_browse-bin%3A367987031

Advertisement