Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strava premium

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

are they burning through cash?

They went through a 4th round of VC funding in 2014/2015 and raised 18m usd. They are claiming it's to fund growth outside of the US. I guess a 4th round of funding would raise questions on what happens next.

Its also hard to get their actual subscription numbers. I'd be alittle bit sceptical of their growth from here giving all the fit bit/ smart watch like things coming on the market. But then that might play into their platform strategy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭Macy0161

jon1981 wrote: »
    They went through a 4th round of VC funding in 2014/2015 and raised 18m usd. They are claiming it's to fund growth outside of the US. I guess a 4th round of funding would raise questions on what happens next.

Its also hard to get their actual subscription numbers. I'd be alittle bit sceptical of their growth from here giving all the fit bit/ smart watch like things coming on the market. But then that might play into their platform strategy.
    There's plenty of people I know/ train with who are more than happy with Connect and don't bother with Strava. I like it as a form of social media, but others don't like sharing what or how they have or haven't done.

Big miss for me, as I do triathlons, is the way Strava handles multisport.

Advertisement