Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post delays ???

Options
  • 02-01-2017 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭

A cheque was posted to me from southern Ireland on xmas eve and still hasnt arrived , I was expecting it Friday just gone ? (30th) .. any body else experience delays ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Closed until 29 th and now a bank holiday weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Colash

Closed until 29 th and now a bank holiday weekend.

Closed from xmas eve until the 29th ? Is that always the way or am I just been silly ?? Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Christmas Day, St Stephens Day and the day after. All forward one day due to Christmas on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Colash wrote: »
    A cheque was posted to me from southern Ireland on xmas eve and still hasnt arrived , I was expecting it Friday just gone ? (30th) .. any body else experience delays ?

If it was posted Christmas Eve, most likely the post box was not opened till after Christmas, so that would be the 29th, and you would be pushed it to get it next day (Friday 30th), so it might arrive Tuesday (3rd Jan).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Colash

If it was posted Christmas Eve, most likely the post box was not opened till after Christmas, so that would be the 29th, and you would be pushed it to get it next day (Friday 30th), so it might arrive Tuesday (3rd Jan).

Thanks for that , makes sense I guess -, I'm just a bit weary as it's a fairly large cheque which was stupidly posted ....

• Advertisement
Advertisement