Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lixnaw Railway Photos

Options
  • 02-01-2017 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    I'm looking for photographs of the old railway line in the Lixnaw area for a FB page. Credits will be given. Can anyone help me?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭kildarecommuter

You could try the National Library of Ireland website or the Irish Railway Record Society, they might be of help.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Bigfellalixnaw

Would they available online I wonder? Or would you have to visit them in person?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,128 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Would they available online I wonder? Or would you have to visit them in person?

There are some NLI photos on line; look for the O'Dea collection. The IRRS, well you'll need to visit them for assistance. Their collection has tens of thousands of prints, negatives, plates and more; much of it as yet remains uncatalogued but there should be some of use to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,266 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Get a small collection together, and credit sources. Then open your FB page and link/invite locals and local groups to join.

You may find photos from people's personal collections coming to light. Maybe not the 'trains on their own' photos of the enthusiast rather photos of family members that may have worked on the railway which might add a bit of variety.

Advertisement