Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road trip Southern States

Options
  • 02-01-2017 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was planning to drive across Southern states later this year, Would two weeks be too short and what cities /towns are worth visiting?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Two weeks is certainly enough time to see a lot.

Personally I love New Orleans, its a very unique place unlike most other US cities. Its a good starting point.

Something to bear in mind is that in the summer the heat and humidity will be oppressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭fire_man

Ya hoping to go in springtime to avoid heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

I did a coast-coast road-trip in 8/9 days a number of years ago. It was awesome. We had two drivers though, so we could cover a lot of ground in a single day. If you're alone, you'll be shattered.
    Our main favourites were DC for the Smithsonians (whichever bits float your boat and we took a whole day, even two wouldn't really be enough), New Orleans, Boulder, the Rockies, Monument Valley, Grand Canyon, Vegas and San Francisco.

Advertisement