Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mad at hairdressers

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Turtle_

frillyleaf wrote: »
    I would approach the general manager and explain that you feel that you were overcharged. Some hairdressers in my area refused to do dry cuts for my child in the lead up to Xmas and one even stated they would only do it at an adult wash cut and blowdry price at e40 !!!

I took my daughter to the hairdresser I usually go to and they did it for e12. I feel it would be unfair to charge in access of e12 - e15 for a dry cut and I would let them be aware of this. The manager may not know and if I was her I would want to know how badly a regular customer was treated. :eek:

She went to owner, who admitted doing it deliberately to scam a few extra quid to make ends meet

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭frillyleaf

I would never go back in there. That is very bad form.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

Thanks for all the feedback. There was no notice about price increase.
    I went into salon today and spoke to the owner and just re said to her I think I was overcharged the last day. She is still sticking to a price increase over holiday period. I pointed out that previous week Christmas week I was charged usual price. And prices on board today are old prices which I also pointed out to her and that it was illegal not displaying up to date prices. To say she went red is an understatement. At this point truth came out. She had to pay rent and wages and was feeling the pinch so overcharged quiet a few of her clients that day to make ends meet. Talk about being blown away. That she would try to cod regulars with lies who support her all year around is unbelievable. I would also like to point out that the owner and I were quiet friendly also our sons are friends as well so do be in each other's houses as well. I said to her if she had of explained this I would have given her a loan of money or pay in advance for my bookings this week and next no bother. But that I was very upset in the way she tried to cheat me. She has apologised but trust is gone.

Gezz can't believe that! Talk about poor business sense! She's lost regular customer (s?) Because of this stunt - and what hairdressers were that short of cash flow at end of Dec they had to scam customers? Surely a busy salon would have been flying throughout Dec with xmas party up styles, weddings over Xmas period, not to mention people getting hair done for Xmas. Cannot believe she was short of cash for wages and rent! I dread to think how she's going to finance January's rent & wage bill. Sounds like you'd have been looking for a new hairdresser in the new year anyway if things are that bad financially for the salon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Thanks for all the feedback. There was no notice about price increase.
    I went into salon today and spoke to the owner and just re said to her I think I was overcharged the last day. She is still sticking to a price increase over holiday period. I pointed out that previous week Christmas week I was charged usual price. And prices on board today are old prices which I also pointed out to her and that it was illegal not displaying up to date prices. To say she went red is an understatement. At this point truth came out. She had to pay rent and wages and was feeling the pinch so overcharged quiet a few of her clients that day to make ends meet. Talk about being blown away. That she would try to cod regulars with lies who support her all year around is unbelievable. I would also like to point out that the owner and I were quiet friendly also our sons are friends as well so do be in each other's houses as well. I said to her if she had of explained this I would have given her a loan of money or pay in advance for my bookings this week and next no bother. But that I was very upset in the way she tried to cheat me. She has apologised but trust is gone.
    Wow! I'm genuinely shocked that a) someone could do that to their regular customers and b) actually admit it to the customer. That's an awful desperate thing to do to someone who's business you are supposed to value. A regular customer is worth a lot more to a business than once offs. The month of Dec, Christmas and New Year are a crazy busy time for hairdressers with colours, cuts, upstyles, parties, weddings, blow dries etc. It's a cash business also so it's not like she was going to be waiting weeks to get paid. I would not be returning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mikeymouse

A shop owner once said to me ;' it can take years to build a customer's trust but you can lose it ,and a lot more ,in seconds'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭Miaireland

She is a crap business person. To do that to anyone is horrible but to do it to your regulars is pure stupid. I am not sure if you can report it to anyone (pubs are the only ones that I know of that must charge the displayed price). I bet you will not be the only regular she will lose out of this and also there will be a lot of bad word of mouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Rallycrazygirl

Thanks for all the feedback. There is a good few people who get there hair done every week there she is a very good hairdresser and stylist but just got greedy. She was fully booked Christmas week and last week since early November. So can't see how she's stuck for rent and wages money. I think myself pure greed and hitting people who she probably thought wouldn't question the prices or ask her what the heck happened. As I was a regular I saw first hand that salon was always busy even in January and February when most salons are dead quiet. So not as if money wasn't flowing in. And I know the building she's renting isn't crazy price per month. With all her costs rent, wages, electricity, equipment etc she should have plenty of cash , I myself think she tried to play a quick one on people. I alone would have spent over three hundred this week between salon and beauticians. I was booked in for highlights , then next day up style and make up. But had a spray tan , nails and facial also booked. My husband was going to get me a voucher for Christmas from there his glad he didn't now. Also more of wedding guests were booked in for few things as well so she would have had a big income this week from this wedding alone. She didn't really express any regret or apology she was just sorry she didn't get away with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Turtle_

She didn't really express any regret or apology she was just sorry she didn't get away with it.

Worth a report to the Gardai?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

Can't see guards doing anything but I thought there was some trading standards that meant she had to have accurate prices on display. Maybe contact ISME or Citizens Advice if you want to take it further op but personally I'd simply move on

Edit to add
    Quick goggle search brought this up
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/consumer_affairs/consumer_protection/pricing/price_display_of_goods_and_services.html

Under 1976 Act prices should be displayed (and accurate I'd assume). If practice hasn't followed this Citizens Advice says contact Competion and Consumer Protection Commission

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I said it to my cousin that I won't be back again. I have an appointment this week for highlights and up style going to a wedding on Friday but going to get it done somewhere else. She also has a beauticians that I use regularly so won't be using that again either. I've just totted up what I spend a year and it's a fair chunk of money that she'll miss out on for the sake of screwing me over on one visit.

Just a side note, if the beautician rents the room anythingyou pay her won't go to the owner of the hairdressers. If the beautician is good keep going to her, she didn't over charge you so doesn't deserve to lose your business!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Turtle_ wrote: »
    Worth a report to the Gardai?

Send in a SWAT team I reckon :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Rallycrazygirl

Guards wouldn't do anything but is an offence under trading consumer laws. Not going to go down that road what would I get nothing but hassle from it and I'd say by time it's investigate she ll be gone out of business.
    She also runs the beautician side of the business so won't be using that either. Wouldn't mind but all the girls who work for her are lovely and great at there jobs. I have been in contact with them myself and explained why I've cancelled appointments they have said they'd do the same thing. I didn't want them thinking I couldn't be bothered turning u for appointments which I have booked with months. Upside is the girl from beauticians is going to do my tan , nails and facial in her house. And my cousin is going to do my hair she's off day of wedding. So still be getting same people I trust with hair and make up etc. just won't be lining salon owners pockets. And going to get my regular eyebrow wax and tint and eyelash tint and waxing etc done from this girls house in future. My cousin and herself have been talking and hoping to open up together instead of cousin going it alone in next few months. So win win I get to keep them looking after me and not having to visit strange salons and beauticians trying to find people I'm happy with. As everyone knows very hard to find good beauticians and hairdressers. So delighted I won't have to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

The rent is a so story to get you on side. She effectively stole from you.

Advertisement