Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brian Gallagher RIP

• 02-01-2017 10:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭

Brian Gallagher a long time member of Collegians Chess & Go club and more recently a member of Naomh Barrog died on Thursday.
    Details are on rip.ie
    In addition to being an Armstrong player Brian also represented Ireland in two World Amateur Go championships in Japan scoring 3/8 in the 23rd and 30th events.
    He will be missed

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Retd.LoyolaCpt

Very sad to hear the news of Brian's passing. I had been preparing to play him only just a few months ago in the Ennis league, although he didn't play in the end. And then as it happened I was chatting to him via email about the Chess board making competition being run in Naas a month later as he was looking to get a board of his restored. My thoughts are with his family and friends - if anyone would like to write anything about Brian, his life, his chess games or anything at all - I'd be happy to add them to our obituary on the ICU site. Rest in peace, Brian.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,265 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Jayz. Not that old either; had he been unwell?

Never played him myself, though he did pick up a win against Benildus in the Heidenfeld a couple of years ago; our player was an exchange up, but was in time trouble and still writing his moves down... Not something a captain wants to see, particularly given we were in a big relegation battle with Naomh Barróg at the time!

Condolences to family and friends.

Advertisement