Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do I put on my Actors CV?

Options
  • 02-01-2017 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Im 15 and I have an audition on Wednesday. They've asked me to bring a CV but the problem is I don't have one. I've started making one but I'm stuck on the special skills. I can't sing or dance and don't play sports. I read, write, bake, cook, code and am really good with computers. I'm also really good with animals and kids but read that I shouldn't put that on it (although there are younger kids in this production.) I can learn lines easily, should I put that on? Also do I put on my age? Please help! (If you could list some skills I'd appreciate it!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

Everything you've listed there would be good, maybe with the exception of code and computers. Practical skills always work. Cycling, running, skating could also be included if you were into any of those. You can also slightly exaggerate the skills but not so much that you'll get caught out. Also list elements of performance you might enjoy: comedy, improvisation, mime, devising would be very useful. Any arts or crafts would be useful too.

I wouldn't include learning lines easy as this is something that should be a given for any actor.

In terms of your age, put on an age range rather than a specific age, so if you think you could get away with playing a 13 year old but also an 18 year old, list Playing Range: 13-18.

Advertisement