Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

H Sports (Sports Direct) Sale Carlow

Options
  • 02-01-2017 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭

Went into H Sports in Carlow today, must be the first time that prices go up rather than down for a sale :rolleyes:

One example, Yellow Liverpool away top reduced seemingly from €95 to €65, I have been in the shop plenty of times lately and the dearest this top has been is €70 and I have seen it at €65 before, but never ever €95,

This was just one example, plenty more that i saw in the store including Irish rugby jerseys reduced from €93 ???? to €73

I thought that there was some sort of consumer law in relation to sales and false advertising

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

They've been caught in the UK and keep doing it. New stock is instantly 40% off though it has to be on sale for 30 days before a discount can be displayed.

Scummer company.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

SD selling it on line for €53

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Gatling wrote: »
    SD selling it on line for €53

(SD) Sports Direct own H Sports as far as I am aware

• Registered Users Posts: 12,518 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

They are appalling shops since they took over heatons, constant Sale. Lot of their own brands are pure crap quality e.g. Firetrap, Dunlop, slazenger, Pierre cardin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭whippet

TheDriver wrote: »
    Lot of their own brands are pure crap quality e.g. Firetrap, Dunlop, slazenger, Pierre cardin

these were defunt brands that SD purchased and then started producing again.

There was a decent documentary done on them by either Dispatches or Panorama a couple of years back. In essence they use the constant SALE crap to attract the consumers who haven't the intelligence or cop-on to see through it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

whippet wrote: »
    to attract the consumers who haven't the intelligence or cop-on to see through it.

Well, if you look at their stock its pretty clear they don't target mensa members. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,178 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

whippet wrote: »
    these were defunt brands that SD purchased and then started producing again.

There was a decent documentary done on them by either Dispatches or Panorama a couple of years back. In essence they use the constant SALE crap to attract the consumers who haven't the intelligence or cop-on to see through it.

There are millions of them out there so it will long continue.

Advertisement