Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CS350 shock zone switchable

Options
  • 03-01-2017 1:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭

A follow on thread from: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057445426

after an attempted unsuccessful break in the early hours [robbers spooked by the alarm] (while we were all both away :() on the neighbours gaff I've decided to revisit this thread from earlier:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057445426

Not had one activation since I took the shock sensor our so advice was successful but its got me thinking of an attack on the back door.

Obviously want to leave it as is inhibitingg zones etc is a pain, I though a SPDT switch would do the trick here any reasons why it wouldn't...its only the odd time us and the 2 dogs are away so a simple flip of the switch should do the job then

Proposed wire plan

405291.png

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

A simple no/nc wired in parallel across the sensor head will do the same job. When no sensor is on when nc sensor is off.
    Have you engineer access and any spare zones?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

KoolKid wrote: »
    A simple no/nc wired in parallel across the sensor head will do the same job. When no sensor is on when nc sensor is off.
    Have you engineer access and any spare zones?

Have engineer access think there might be a spare zone there but not sure if the zone is on its own line or looped from the kitchen window

What are you suggesting? Move door to its own zone and inhibit the shock when not in use?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Correct or programme it unused when not needed.

Advertisement