Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skinny Fat GYM virgin help.

• 03-01-2017 5:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Ok so I'm 5'7" and weigh around 73 kg. I have barely any muscle but a lot of fat, especially around my thighs. I'm disgusted with my physique and want to start going gym asap but I don't have a clue about what workouts to do to combat my skinny fatness. I've read around and people say bulking is the best thing to do but I already weigh 73 kg and would prefer not to add more weight. I would really appreciate a suitable routine for my situation.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

Edrees98 wrote: »
    Ok so I'm 5'7" and weigh around 73 kg. I have barely any muscle but a lot of fat, especially around my thighs. I'm disgusted with my physique and want to start going gym asap but I don't have a clue about what workouts to do to combat my skinny fatness. I've read around and people say bulking is the best thing to do but I already weigh 73 kg and would prefer not to add more weight. I would really appreciate a suitable routine for my situation.

Thanks
    go talk to a trainer in your gym, start squatting, deadlifting, pull ups and push ups, combine with core work, loads of mobility and conditioning + eat healthy + 8hrs sleep (noticed you posted at 4am) = winning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭freemenfitness

Pretty much what was said above if you want to lose the skinny fat bod you say yourself you have little muscle so work on building that and constantly work on your diet. Trying to go on a cut now will just leave you skinny. Again it gets recommended a lot but the strong lifts 5x5 plan is simple and worth checking out. Work on your strength it will make the biggest changes this is coming from an ex skinny fat guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

Google what 5lb of fat looks like versus 5lb of muscle. Lose all the fat and put on a bit of muscle and you can stay the same weight or even lose some weight if you want

Advertisement