Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do the NPWS issue deer hunting licence letters out of season?

Options
  • 03-01-2017 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭

Hi, Do the NPWS issue deer hunting licence letters out of season?
    I have a rifle application going in today without an actual deer hunting licence, Obviously I won't be getting one until next season as the season is nearly over, do they issue pending licence letters to satisfy the Gardai?

I have the land required.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭RossiFan08

Hi, Do the NPWS issue deer hunting licence letters out of season?
    I have a rifle application going in today without an actual deer hunting licence, Obviously I won't be getting one until next season as the season is nearly over, do they issue pending licence letters to satisfy the Gardai?

I have the land required.

They do not issue the actual license, you will only get this a few weeks before the season. But like you said they will send out a issue pending licence letter if you ring them and ask for one stating the FAC is the reason you require one.

My super accepted the letter when applying for my 308 and I hot the rifle in May of 2016. However I am not sure what your situation will be like. Maybe some of the more experienced guys can give you some more info

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Tell them you want to shoot Muntjac, their season is year round :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Kat1170 wrote: »
    Tell them you want to shoot Muntjac, their season is year round :D:D:D

And wild boar...

Advertisement