Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tenerife Hotel Prices

Options
  • 03-01-2017 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

I am looking at going on holidays to tenerife at the end of this month with my friend on a lads holiday. We require two rooms for sleeping. I.e. One room with beds/ one room with a sofa bed at a minimum.

We don't mind about not being far from Playa de las americas , but not further than 3 miles. The hotel would ideally be located beside a beach and must have a swimming pool with a bar.

Any opinions on where to stay in your experience.
    Also best sites for searching, ive tried a few and they all have conflicting prices and are also very expensive !

Help much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Iirc 2 of our friends stayed in a room matching those requirements in Parque Santiago III (quite a while ago) down the nice end of Americas. I can't really remember the standard of the room as we stayed in a 4-5 bed over the beach side of the complex which was awesome. That end of Americas is much nicer than up around Starco (if it's still called that?!) but you're still only 15ish mins stroll from the madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

We are staying at the Hotel las Águilas in a few weeks. It might suit your requirements. Booked directly with the hotel and paid up front to get the cheaper rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭monsterdev

Whats the craic like there or in Santa cruz ? Would we need to travel to Playa de las americas to head out ? Taxis might add up. Same goes for Santa cruz , as the hotel prices are considerably lower

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

Stayed in Los Olivos in Costa Adeje, apartments were nice with their own rooftop terrace, all mod cons, nice pool area and dead near a promenade and playa torviscas & fanabe.

Taxi's to the centre of Playa de las Americas were dirt cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

monsterdev wrote: »
    Whats the craic like there or in Santa cruz ? Would we need to travel to Playa de las americas to head out ? Taxis might add up. Same goes for Santa cruz , as the hotel prices are considerably lower
    Santa Cruz is a city. Not much to do there. It's ok for a night out but you'd want to have a bit of Spanish if you're planning to talk to anyone.

Las Americas is definitely better for a holiday. Loads of hotels, just check one of the price comparison sites and have a good look at the reviews.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Look at Los Cristianos, it's just below Playa de las Americas. Have never stayed there myself but looks to be quite near if not even just a continuation of PDLA. We have stayed in Costa Adeje and walked down the coast to PDLA. Costa Adeje is much quieter.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭monsterdev

Thanks managed to get a place with a really good price in los cristanos.

Check prices daily would be my advice and try and book hotel and flight together, can save 100's. After some research, I noticed that taxis from puerto de la cruz simply are ridiculous price (its a long distance) and Santa cruz is quite pricey also. So unless theres a 24hr bus option I would avoid.

Advertisement