Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscorthy to Wexford lift Please!!

Options
  • 03-01-2017 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

My son started in eistec needs a lift to Wexford every day from Enniscorthy . Petrol costs shared of course. Please can someone help...

Comments

It might help if you put up the times he starts/finishes

• Registered Users Posts: 7 1coolcustomer

TheTorment wrote: »
    It might help if you put up the times he starts/finishes

Oops Yup that would be a help i guess!! 9am start finish 5.30 .. at the moment anyway. .

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

It might help if you put this up on Facebook,there's a couple of Enniscorthy centric pages on it which might get results.

zerks wrote: »
    It might help if you put this up on Facebook,there's a couple of Enniscorthy centric pages on it which might get results.

I'm not on FB myself but I'll tell him . Do u know the pages?

I'm not on FB myself but I'll tell him . Do u know the pages?

Not on FB either but this one gets a lot of traffic and somebody there might be able to help.
    https://m.facebook.com/WexfordMammys/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Thats not going to be an ongoing solution for him. His schedule is going to change on a weekly basis, sometimes working until 10pm. The best you can do is to get him on the Wexford bus from enniscorthy to wexford then get the town service from Redmond Square to Drinagh stop which is literally right outside the Eishtec building.

Zhane wrote: »
    Thats not going to be an ongoing solution for him. His schedule is going to change on a weekly basis, sometimes working until 10pm. The best you can do is to get him on the Wexford bus from enniscorthy to wexford then get the town service from Redmond Square to Drinagh stop which is literally right outside the Eishtec building.

According to people's views on the place the lad might not have to worry about a lift for too long.A read of the thread about it is enough to put anyone off working there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Interestingly, a lot of the staff at Turas Nua's Wexford office used to work at Eishtec. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

According to people's views on the place the lad might not have to worry about a lift for too long.A read of the thread about it is enough to put anyone off working there.

I've worked there for 2 years. It's not for everyone.

Well if it's on the net it must be true!!! 😀
    They're giving young people a chance to learn about working and a regular wage. That does wonders for self esteem. And him being unemployed isn't an option . I see enough of that age in my own job and how it gets them down. We all gotta start somewhere then move onto different things as opportunities arise. (Lift sorted by person on same shifts btw). He sits exams in June to continue college. I'm all for giving young people with the get up and go a chance. Eistec doing this.. its up to the individual what they get outta it.

• Advertisement

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Interestingly, a lot of the staff at Turas Nua's Wexford office used to work at Eishtec. ;)[/quote
    That's great.. At least they got themselves another job better than being unemployed.

Zhane wrote: »
    It's an option yes... Sorted for now. Thanks.

Advertisement