Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 and this mess

Options
  • 03-01-2017 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

So its October and with the new house nearly built, we decide to contact Eir to provide our phone service. All our neighbours are with them so we said sure why not. During the build we did everything to make the connection process as simple as we could, brining everything out to the pole located on OUR land. After making the call we were told an engineer would be out. Took a day of work, meet the engineer, bring him to my house and says thats fine ill ring you if I need you. Day comes and goes and no call. Visit my house and he has gone. Nothing done. Week later after hearing nothing I call sir again. Engineer cancelled m,y account...wtf. Said a survey needs to be carried out. Go through whole process again. Another visit booked and another day off work. Guy comes, very helpful, said there is some worked needed but handy enough, there will be no hassles. I say thanks mate and await call from eir Called week after told about the minor works and told will be done by the 29th December. Said great and awaited for the magic to happen. 29th come and goes, so decided to call eir today. Told unable to provide a land line. I says WTF the line is outside my home. your pole is on my land and you can't connect me. I get the same response back again. I say everyone else here has a line why not me, get the same trained response back over and over again. Shocked to say the least. In the process of discussing with Comreg. Absolute mess. I loss 2 days from work for nothing. Told lie after lie. I am not letting this drop.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

flynnlive wrote: »
    So its October and with the new house nearly built, we decide to contact Eir to provide our phone service. All our neighbours are with them so we said sure why not. During the build we did everything to make the connection process as simple as we could, brining everything out to the pole located on OUR land. After making the call we were told an engineer would be out. Took a day of work, meet the engineer, bring him to my house and says thats fine ill ring you if I need you. Day comes and goes and no call. Visit my house and he has gone. Nothing done. Week later after hearing nothing I call sir again. Engineer cancelled m,y account...wtf. Said a survey needs to be carried out. Go through whole process again. Another visit booked and another day off work. Guy comes, very helpful, said there is some worked needed but handy enough, there will be no hassles. I say thanks mate and await call from eir Called week after told about the minor works and told will be done by the 29th December. Said great and awaited for the magic to happen. 29th come and goes, so decided to call eir today. Told unable to provide a land line. I says WTF the line is outside my home. your pole is on my land and you can't connect me. I get the same response back again. I say everyone else here has a line why not me, get the same trained response back over and over again. Shocked to say the least. In the process of discussing with Comreg. Absolute mess. I loss 2 days from work for nothing. Told lie after lie. I am not letting this drop.
     [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]flynnlive,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch & I’m sorry to hear you feel this way.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I understand your frustration however as this is a new install we would be unaware of site requirements until the technician attends the site. In some cases the technician may request a site survey to determine the site requirements to complete installation. I'm extremely sorry if you were led to believe otherwise and I will ensure to have this feedback passed on.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Once the survey is completed a forecast date will be applied to your order. This is an estimated date for the works to be completed/ any planning permission approved to complete your installation. Unfortunately the forecast date is not a guaranteed date as the time taken will vary depending on the level of work involved and whether consents from road and planning authorities and private landowners are necessary.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Feel free to PM me your account number & I can check the current status of your order. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela[/font]

Advertisement