Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Details passed to revenue commissioners"

Options
  • 03-01-2017 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hi there. I bought a car from the UK and transferred the policy on 11/12/16 and drove it to Ireland. Got vrt appointment for 21/12/16. Paid vrt the same day and updated my policy online the same night.

However, got a letter this morning that my details were passed on to the revenue commissioners. Letter dated 23/12/16. Got this letter the same morning as my new insurance disc.

Just not sure why the details were passed on? And whether revenue will be updated again or not?

Not a good time to be reported to revenue when I have put forward my citizenship application.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 163 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Una

kayser wrote: »
    Hi there. I bought a car from the UK and transferred the policy on 11/12/16 and drove it to Ireland. Got vrt appointment for 21/12/16. Paid vrt the same day and updated my policy online the same night.

However, got a letter this morning that my details were passed on to the revenue commissioners. Letter dated 23/12/16. Got this letter the same morning as my new insurance disc.

Just not sure why the details were passed on? And whether revenue will be updated again or not?

Not a good time to be reported to revenue when I have put forward my citizenship application.
    Hi Kayser,
    We are obliged to pass details of vehicles which are not registered in ROI to the Revenue Commissioner, within one month of the vehicle being placed on cover. All insurers are required to do this.
    If you have already updated your policy there should be no further action.
    Can you send me your policy number so I can check this for you?
    Thanks
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭kayser

Hi Kayser,
    We are obliged to pass details of vehicles which are not registered in ROI to the Revenue Commissioner, within one month of the vehicle being placed on cover. All insurers are required to do this.
    If you have already updated your policy there should be no further action.
    Can you send me your policy number so I can check this for you?
    Thanks
    Una

Thanks. I pm'ed you my policy number. I have already received my new insurance disc with my new Irish reg.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭kayser

kayser wrote: »
    Thanks. I pm'ed you my policy number. I have already received my new insurance disc with my new Irish reg.

Got the pm. Thank you very much, Una.

Advertisement