Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hoover Freedom 22v Cordless

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭banchang

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057654692&page=2

Unless you're in a rush I would hold off buying at that price, given where its come from before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,817 ✭✭✭b.gud

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5531873/Trail/searchtext%3EHOOVER+CORDLESS.htm

Dyson is a bit beyond my budget and I am not a fan of Vax at all!

Saw this Hoover model at €159.49

Anybody got any experience with it?

A user in this page of the Dyson thread says that he/she has one and spoke very highly of it. They said that they got it off Amazon for £99 but it's gone up from that price now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭reni10

The Hoover and the Vax Slimvac look almost exactly the same so they may actually be the same machine just sold under different brand names???

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭LandoCalrissian

€99.00!!! Feckin typical

Problem is the vacuum we have has given up the ghost so need to get something fairly sharpish

There does seem to be differences in the dimensions of the Hoover and Vax so assume they aren't the same machine rebadged

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭E30i

Got one at €99 before Christmas on Tesco offer. At that price it is very good value and I am happy with its performance. However whilst it is invaluable for quick clean-ups on hard floors I think you would need a corded vacuum for more thorough cleaning on carpets and rugs etc. However I'd stress that this has met my expectations and was very good value and the corded vacuum is pulled out a lot less.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

b.gud wrote: »
    A user in this page of the Dyson thread says that he/she has one and spoke very highly of it. They said that they got it off Amazon for £99 but it's gone up from that price now

That was me, bought it last week for £99 incl. shipping. It was £99 on Tesco direct too (plus shipping and parcel motel to get it here, but is no longer available. Cheapest in the UK now seems to be Amazon at £124 or a few bricks and mortar shops here in Ireland like DID for €149 (half the recommended retail price)

I did a good bit of research and this one gets good reviews. More than one owner who claimed to own both this and a similar Dyson said this one is better (they have the same power) and the battery lasts longer

Amazon link with the reviews:

Linky

E30i wrote: »
    Got one at €99 before Christmas on Tesco offer. At that price it is very good value and I am happy with its performance. However whilst it is invaluable for quick clean-ups on hard floors I think you would need a corded vacuum for more thorough cleaning on carpets and rugs etc. However I'd stress that this has met my expectations and was very good value and the corded vacuum is pulled out a lot less.

That's exactly what I'm getting it for. We've new tiled floors on most of the ground floor and these don't show the dirt like the old floor (but do show dust / crumbs), so don't need weekly washing, but they do need a 2-3 minute hoover every day or so. We're hanging on to our main corded hoover for carpets / upstairs / big heavy duty jobs, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

unkel wrote: »
    That was me, bought it last week for £99 incl. shipping. It was £99 on Tesco direct too (plus shipping and parcel motel to get it here, but is no longer available. Cheapest in the UK now seems to be Amazon at £124 or a few bricks and mortar shops here in Ireland like DID for €149 (half the recommended retail price)

I did a good bit of research and this one gets good reviews. More than one owner who claimed to own both this and a similar Dyson said this one is better (they have the same power) and the battery lasts longer

Amazon link with the reviews:

Linky

I pressed the button earlier and bought one after reading your post. I got the refurbished one which was £90 (new one is £125). Read few reviews and people said the refurbs are like brand new except the packaging, I'll report back about the condition when I'll get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

Hi,

This is £109 with Debenhams uk with free delivery (to your favorite dropshipper)

I found it for 99 with a place called Studio but the reviews on trustpilot were poor so paid the extra 10 for piece of mind.

FYI - You'll almost certainly be charged extra post from Parcel Motel due to the the size of the box so I went with address pal as I've had oversized packages get through them at the standard rate before (I'm not 100% sure the box is oversized, just assume it is)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

I have a price alert on camelcamelcamel to notify me when it next dips below £100 on amazon.co.uk.
    http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Hoover-FD22G-Freedom-Lithium-Cordless/product/B01M1GUT7E?context=browse

• Advertisement

I have a price alert on camelcamelcamel to notify me when it next dips below £100 on amazon.co.uk.
    http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Hoover-FD22G-Freedom-Lithium-Cordless/product/B01M1GUT7E?context=browse

Same, but my Vax gave up the ghost and need a new one pretty soon (will never buy Vax again)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Went back up a tenner literally while it was in my basket just now but I got the order through at £99, thanks for the heads up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

Does anyone know what the flashing LED light means. Mine is flashing blue and red when I charge. Manual says red is for charging and blue when charged but this is flashing blue and red continuously.

Does anyone know what the flashing LED light means. Mine is flashing blue and red when I charge. Manual says red is for charging and blue when charged but this is flashing blue and red continuously.

Just checked mine - both red and blue lights are continuous not flashing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

I bought it in Curry's. I PAID 30 for a extended warranty. It's a grand light vacum. Does for.following the kids around with when they are eating etc.
    I keep my Dyson for a big clean bit to be honest the cordless is as good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭E30i

I had something similar and it just meant that the battery wasn't seated properly. Give it a push and see does it click in and try then. Hope this sorts

Arrived this morning after I ordered it on Saturday evening, for free delivery that's pretty impressive!

Just had a quick try out, seems to be pretty good at picking stuff up all right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

I need a hoover. Free delivery from where and whom to where ? And at what total cost ?

blastman wrote: »
    Arrived this morning after I ordered it on Saturday evening, for free delivery that's pretty impressive!

Just had a quick try out, seems to be pretty good at picking stuff up all right.

Same here. Will have a proper go in the next few days.

@masculinist - Amazon.co.uk do free shipping on a lot of stuff once you spend €25 or more...

• Advertisement

I need a hoover. Free delivery from where and whom to where ? And at what total cost ?

£99 from Amazon at the weekend, with the Irish VAT rate applied it was £101.48 so it should work out at about €118, no extra charge for delivery.

It's gone up slightly since I bought it, it's now £109 (£111.72 with Irish VAT applied), so probably just under €130.

I bought the "used" one from Amazon for £89. Its practically a brand new one, never used, still in plastics etc, just not the brand new packaging. I will be buying the "used" item from Amazon going forward!

I started from hoovering on carpet (which I thought was clean) and it did suck a lot of dust and fluff out of it, pretty good suction. We have all wooden floors / tiles downstairs so its great. The only -ve I could think of is the width of the part touching the floors, it isn't as wide as our corded hoover but apart from that its great (so far).

@masculinist - Amazon.co.uk do free shipping on a lot of stuff once you spend €25 or more...

Cheers. I didnt realise that was to Ireland too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Took it to the car yesterday after a few weeks of rubbish building up. From reading some comments some people said it's crap on carpet etc. Well it did a great job on the car after the kids had some sausage rolls so you can imagine what state the floor was in.

No cables made it a doddle. Didn't run out of power and had all the seats, floors and mats done in quick enough time. I'll leave it to the mrs to test it indoors :P

I know sterling is in the toilet at the moment, but you have to spend £25 for free delivery :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Can use code bigthanks for further tenner off

Brilliant, thanks a million

just ordered for 117 euro but unfortunately promo code 'bigthanks' had expired.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Back to 130GBP now. But the Amazon warehouse has one used for 92 GBP.

Back to 130GBP now. But the Amazon warehouse has one used for 92 GBP.
    It keeps going back to £99, just put a price alert on camelcamelcamel.com

Used it a few times and it works well. The one thing that's handy is that there's a button you press, so you don't need to keep the main button pressed all the time, which is likely to give you cramp or worse. I believe the Dysons don't have this. From reviews I read that the battery works about twice as long as the Dysons too. Not that relevant though as I typically only use this for 5 minutes tops at a time, more often than not for less than 1 minute. I guess the good thing is that you only have to plug it in maybe once a week or so.

Guys - do you know if its ok to leave the battery on charge and not unplug it once its fully charged ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

I bought one of these from an Ebay seller, total including shipping was £96/€110: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hoover-FD22G-Freedom-22v-Cordless-Bagless-2in1-Upright-Stick-Vacuum-Cleaner-/381793637272?hash=item58e4ac9398. Refurbished but in perfect condition, delivered by courier in 3 days. SWMBO has been very impressed so far, should have got one years ago. Battery life is very good, not as powerful as a normal mains unit but good enough for everyday clean-ups and dog hairs.

I used it to clean the car over the weekend, which I haven't hoovered in a very long time and it came through with flying colours. Battery lasted the duration and it picked up everything. I was also able to run it over the high traffic areas of the house without any range anxiety from the battery, it might not be quite as powerful a regular vacuum cleaner (and even that might be debateable), but it certainly picks up plenty of fluff, hair, bird seed, etc., without a cable to trail after you and in a much lighter package.

Just an FYI for anyone who bought/is buying one, and because I noticed it myself and it is mentioned in a few of the Amazon reviews, it is possible to remove the dust cylinder to clean the upper part of it, rather than stick a knife or similar into it to scoop the dirt out. The release button is on the base of the device between the battery and the cylinder itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,346 ✭✭✭nc6000

This went back down to £99 this morning so I bought one.

The Hoover was delivered yesterday which was a day or two ahead of the expected time.

Unboxed , it is lightweight , powerful enough and very easy to understand. It has a trigger for spot work and a lever if you want it set to ''always on.''

The battery clips out just like a power tool.

The attachments and filter clip out very easily likewise.

You dont' have to disassemble it to empty the container. A flap on the base can be easily opened to allow the dirt to simply fall out.

I'm going to enjoy keeping my car really clean from now on too with no awkward cables.

The battery hasnt been tested yet but it's a LI and I've had nothing but good experiences with those . Plus it swaps out so easily, I think its easy to send back to Hoover or to replace/repair at one of those battery world type small businesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭conormc1984

nc6000 wrote: »
    This went back down to £99 this morning so I bought one.
    Which site and how much was it for delivery, cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Which site and how much was it for delivery, cheers

that would have been amazon and free delivery over£25

Refurbished one available on ebay £79.99 plus free postage with Adress pal or £16 postage to Ireland if you don't have address pal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Refurbished one available on ebay £79.99 plus free postage with Adress pal or £16 postage to Ireland if you don't have address pal

Careful with AddressPal!

According to amazon the product dimensions are 111 x 27 x 23 cm, which means it's an oversized parcel costing you €25.00!

Oversized Items
    The standard AddressPal cost is €3.50

Weight: Not Exceeding 20kg

Dimensions Not Exceeding 72cm X 31cm X 25cm

Where an item exceeds the maximum dimensions of 72cm X 31cm X 25cm, you will be contacted by An Post by phone. The item will be made available in your local Delivery Service Unit and the cost for delivery will be €25.00.

Careful with AddressPal!

According to amazon the product dimensions are 111 x 27 x 23 cm, which means it's an oversized parcel costing you €25.00!

Oversized Items
    The standard AddressPal cost is €3.50

Weight: Not Exceeding 20kg

Dimensions Not Exceeding 72cm X 31cm X 25cm

Where an item exceeds the maximum dimensions of 72cm X 31cm X 25cm, you will be contacted by An Post by phone. The item will be made available in your local Delivery Service Unit and the cost for delivery will be €25.00.

Good spot. I hadnt know that. I normally use parcel wizard for large packages but this ebayer doesn't deliver to Northern Ireland so I thought AddressPal would work just as well

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭conormc1984

Has anyone got it delivered with parcel motel. If so how much did it cost. Thanks.

Has anyone got it delivered with parcel motel. If so how much did it cost. Thanks.
    I'd say just wait for amazon to go back down to £99, and get free delivery to Ireland. As it is bulky.
    Put an alert on camelcamelcamel.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

It was down to 129euro with DID last week. So may be worth keeping an eye out if there are sales in bricks and mortar shops as well. Avoids any hassle with deliveries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

mine arrived, does the job, but anybody else find it hard to find a location to hang this up with the length of the power cable? Also would have been nice it they spent a few more bob on mount so that when you hang it up, its connect to the power directly.

aside from that it should be a nice addition..

Thanks

W.

Good spot. I hadnt know that. I normally use parcel wizard for large packages but this ebayer doesn't deliver to Northern Ireland so I thought AddressPal would work just as well

I got mine delivered from Debenhams uk to addresspal. Cost the standard 3.50 but the box had 20 written on it in red marker - Assume it was supposed to be 20 quid .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭tipperary

Review of cordless vacs: here
    Might be of use to those still wondering what to go for.

mine arrived, does the job, but anybody else find it hard to find a location to hang this up with the length of the power cable? Also would have been nice it they spent a few more bob on mount so that when you hang it up, its connect to the power directly.

aside from that it should be a nice addition..

Thanks

W.

Theres a perfect spot for it in my big bedroom. Right at the door and with the socket right next to it. So I cant complain. I leave the charger plugged in and the power cable resting on top. Very happy with this product so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭cutthegrass

My local Tesco had this model on clearance yesterday (Hoover Freedom FD22G stick cordless vaccum cleaner).

Got it for 52.15 euro.

Not sure if this is nationwide.

(Also the same Hoover product as a handheld (without the stick part) was around 30 euro).

• Advertisement
Advertisement