Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hoover Freedom 22v Cordless

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭reni10

My local Tesco had this model on clearance yesterday (Hoover Freedom FD22G stick cordless vaccum cleaner).

Got it for 52.15 euro.

Not sure if this is nationwide.

(Also the same Hoover product as a handheld (without the stick part) was around 30 euro).

Which Tesco?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭cutthegrass

reni10 wrote:
    Which Tesco?

Tullamore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Mine stopped working after a few minutes (even though it had charged overnight). Red and blue lights flashing together. Manufacturers website says to reset the battery (take it out and stick it back in). Quick fix, works again for a few minutes but then same happens again

Glad I bought from Amazon. They're sending out a courier to pick up the old one here in Dublin and they've already processed the order for a new a new one. Completely free of charge. Even though I had the item delivered to my Parcel Motel UK address. Some customer service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

My local Tesco had this model on clearance yesterday (Hoover Freedom FD22G stick cordless vaccum cleaner).

Got it for 52.15 euro.

Not sure if this is nationwide.

(Also the same Hoover product as a handheld (without the stick part) was around 30 euro).

Tesco Clearwater Finglas had it for something like 360 Euro and change.

I remember staring in disbelief at the audacity of that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭Masala

Tesco Clearwater Finglas had it for something like 360 Euro and change.

I remember staring in disbelief at the audacity of that price.

I saw a similiar price in my local Tesco....!!! but watching it lately and it now down to €149.99. Still dont know if I could pull the trigger at that price???

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jamoley

unkel wrote: »
    That was me, bought it last week for £99 incl. shipping. It was £99 on Tesco direct too (plus shipping and parcel motel to get it here, but is no longer available. Cheapest in the UK now seems to be Amazon at £124 or a few bricks and mortar shops here in Ireland like DID for €149 (half the recommended retail price)

I did a good bit of research and this one gets good reviews. More than one owner who claimed to own both this and a similar Dyson said this one is better (they have the same power) and the battery lasts longer

Amazon link with the reviews:

Linky

This is back down to £110 new on Amazon at the moment.

• Subscribers Posts: 48 AnneRyan

Hoover Freedom is great, no drilling walls for the charger is the best thing. I have a Dyson Animal downstairs and Hoover Freedom upstairs. Dyson has better build quality but otherwise both are brilliant. Picked it up in DID for €99 in January, Dyson €349 in Power city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭Masala

If u still interested... Pop to your local Tesco as these now down to €119

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭sheepy01

After some research I did on these type of hoovers, I ended with the conlusion that only the Dyson ones are reliable... that might justify their pricing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I read somewhere you shouldn't use vacuums with rotary brush heads like the Hoover has on laminate flooring because it might damage it. Anyone use it on laminate flooring and notice any issues?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

I wonder if someone else had a similar issue ?

The hoover is fully charged, when I press the button to use it, it switches off after 10 seconds and the red light goes on. I tried both buttons but its the same. However if I remove the long hose then it works fine which means the battery and the buttons are ok.

Any suggestions ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭oinkely

bbari wrote: »
    I wonder if someone else had a similar issue ?

The hoover is fully charged, when I press the button to use it, it switches off after 10 seconds and the red light goes on. I tried both buttons but its the same. However if I remove the long hose then it works fine which means the battery and the buttons are ok.

Any suggestions ?

We had the same problem. Sent it back to amazon and they sent out a replacement.

oinkely wrote: »
    We had the same problem. Sent it back to amazon and they sent out a replacement.

Many thanks for your reply. Does Amazon cover the cost of postage to send it back ?

Chatted with a guy in Amazon online, he sent a label and asked me to return it to Amazon. They will refund once they ll receive the package.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

I had it before, took the roller bar out of the brush head and cleaned. It had gotten stuck with soem string wrapped around it. Once I cleaned it and popper it back in, it worked perfectly. It's easy to take out and put back in, there's a slide panel on to one side of the bar itself and it just pops out. Only goes back in a certain way so if it's not sitting in easily, flip it over and try that way where it should just sit in the mount and slide in other end.

• Advertisement

Yawns wrote:
    I had it before, took the roller bar out of the brush head and cleaned. It had gotten stuck with soem string wrapped around it. Once I cleaned it and popper it back in, it worked perfectly. It's easy to take out and put back in, there's a slide panel on to one side of the bar itself and it just pops out. Only goes back in a certain way so if it's not sitting in easily, flip it over and try that way where it should just sit in the mount and slide in other end.

I will give it a try before sending it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭AdamB

unkel wrote: »
    Mine stopped working after a few minutes (even though it had charged overnight). Red and blue lights flashing together. Manufacturers website says to reset the battery (take it out and stick it back in). Quick fix, works again for a few minutes but then same happens again

Glad I bought from Amazon. They're sending out a courier to pick up the old one here in Dublin and they've already processed the order for a new a new one. Completely free of charge. Even though I had the item delivered to my Parcel Motel UK address. Some customer service.
    I have the same issue with mine. I'm taking it back to DID today. It's a pity because this was a great little machine other than this problem!

AdamB wrote: »
    I have the same issue with mine. I'm taking it back to DID today. It's a pity because this was a great little machine other than this problem!

Try what Yawns suggested in the post above. I'll give it a try this evening and report back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Sync

I read somewhere you shouldn't use vacuums with rotary brush heads like the Hoover has on laminate flooring because it might damage it. Anyone use it on laminate flooring and notice any issues?

It definitely hasn't marked the flooring for me at all, the bristles aren't exactly rough so I can't see it happening.

bbari wrote:
    Try what Yawns suggested in the post above. I'll give it a try this evening and report back.

Cleaned the head as it has a lot of hair wrapped around the roller.... that fixed the issue. Many thanks Yawns

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Glad to have been able to help and save you the hassle of returning it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Cleaned the head as it has a lot of hair wrapped around the roller.... that fixed the issue. Many thanks Yawns

Its a good sign that it flashes an error. If it was a dyson there would have been no error light the motor or motor driver would have burnt out instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

On sale in Dunnes Stores for ?100 now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

On sale in Dunnes Stores for ?100 now

Cheers cruhoortwunk, just picked one up in Cornelscourt, there's one left on the shelf although probably more stock out back considering the size of the store. Used some vouchers so got it for €88. It's up in the grocery electrical section, not the homewares for anyone looking.

The issue with mine was definitely something wrong with the charger or battery. New one has been fine since. And the replacement was no hassle and cost me nothing (free pre-paid returns from Amazon, no hassle saying it was broken, I received the new one before they received my old one back)

Yep we have that a lot too. Just pull them out issue sorted.

Great performance and battery life from this and if you paid €100 for it, you can only laugh at people spending 3 or 4 times that on a Dyson that's not an ounce better :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Yooo picked one up at last! Loads in Blanch and don't forget shop and save - you get €20 back for spending €100

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Anyone know about availability in Cork? I tried Blackpool and Ballyvolane but no luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,210 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Its a safety feature, to stop the motor getting burned out.

The brush has to be able to spin at optimum speed, also make sure any filters are rinsed out in cold water too and dried.

Had same issue with Dyson cordless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭brendan86

Where can you get this for 100euro is it dunnes stores? Are they stocked nationally?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Weyhey

brendan86 wrote: »
    Where can you get this for 100euro is it dunnes stores? Are they stocked nationally?

Not sure they are doing them anymore.
    I tried 4 stores in Dublin a few times and none. Sign also taken down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,164 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

they had some in the Newtownmountkennedy branch last weekend.

Are these really as good as a cordless Dyson.

We had a lend of a DC59 and OH really liked it, its convenience especially.

Had thought about buying a Dyson but I notice likes of Hoover and Vax ones are usually on great deals in Argos for a lot less money, would they be worth taking a punt on ? Or spend more money and get a Dyson?

I just rang customer care and they could tell me which dunnes had them in stock closest to me.. they have 2 in stock in my local and new batch due 2nd may.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭b.gud

NIMAN wrote: »
    Are these really as good as a cordless Dyson.

We had a lend of a DC59 and OH really liked it, its convenience especially.

Had thought about buying a Dyson but I notice likes of Hoover and Vax ones are usually on great deals in Argos for a lot less money, would they be worth taking a punt on ? Or spend more money and get a Dyson?

I can't compare as I've only used the Dyson, but if you do decide that you want the Dyson I definitely recommend getting it from the Dyson ebay outlet. That's where I got mine, they're refurbished but to be honest with mine I really couldn't figure out which, if any, bits of mine weren't brand new. They say that there's a 1 year warranty but when I registered mine it was for 2 years.

They occasionally also have sales, when I bought mine it was on sale and got over £65 off the price

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/5469677

Is this the same hoover?

If not can someone post exact model number thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

brendan86 wrote: »
    http://www.argos.co.uk/product/5469677

Is this the same hoover?

If not can someone post exact model number thanks

It's this one: http://www.argos.co.uk/product/5531873

b.gud wrote: »
    I can't compare as I've only used the Dyson, but if you do decide that you want the Dyson I definitely recommend getting it from the Dyson ebay outlet. That's where I got mine, they're refurbished but to be honest with mine I really couldn't figure out which, if any, bits of mine weren't brand new. They say that there's a 1 year warranty but when I registered mine it was for 2 years.

They occasionally also have sales, when I bought mine it was on sale and got over ?65 off the price

Yeah the one we got a lend of came from the eBay outlet.
    As you say, it was like new.

Only issue was that a fault developed on the charger, called them and they sent out a new one inside a couple of days FOC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

NIMAN wrote: »
    Yeah the one we got a lend of came from the eBay outlet.
    As you say, it was like new.

Only issue was that a fault developed on the charger, called them and they sent out a new one inside a couple of days FOC.

I've never had a Dyson so I can't compare but I can't really fault the Hoover since I bought it. I can't see the V6 Dyson being that much better that it would justify the price difference though. THe V8 might be but it's crazy money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Weyhey

• Advertisement

Picked one up in Blackpool, Cork yesterday. I had been on previously to Dunnes Stores Customer Care who was able to tell me where the stock is and where new stock was going to arrive over the coming days.

I rang a store which should have had stock, there was one left and they held it for me until I collected later in the day. Very helpful I must say. Got ?20 in cash and save voucher so total price was ?80. Very pleased with that!

Picked one up in Blackpool, Cork yesterday. I had been on previously to Dunnes Stores Customer Care who was able to tell me where the stock is and where new stock was going to arrive over the coming days.

I rang a store which should have had stock, there was one left and they held it for me until I collected later in the day. Very helpful I must say. Got ?20 in cash and save voucher so total price was ?80. Very pleased with that!

What other stores had stock?

What other stores had stock?

There were to have stock delivered into Douglas today.

There were to have stock delivered into Douglas today.

Was passing Blackpool said Id check and picked one up there. There was another 3 on the shelf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,003 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

blastman wrote: »
    I've never had a Dyson so I can't compare but I can't really fault the Hoover since I bought it. I can't see the V6 Dyson being that much better that it would justify the price difference though. THe V8 might be but it's crazy money.

I don't see the fuss about Dyson. There was one in the apartment here when I moved in and it was crap.. absolutely no comparison to my Miele (which is now 9 years old and still working like new).

I could do with a cordless one for doing the car though, or are any of those small portable units any use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Three left in Charlestown qyvlet.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

I got one of these in Tescos for 100euro last time the offer came up. Its nothing amazing but its decent enough and its well worth the price, especially given what dyson go for. Having used a dyson once while on holidays in a a rental property, the syson is better and you can see where the hoover have saved money when comparing the two, but that in no way justifies the price difference.
    I've two dogs so its very handy for keeping on top of their never-ending shedding!
    I'd absolutely recommend it at 100euro.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    I could do with a cordless one for doing the car though, or are any of those small portable units any use?

This one converts into a shorter more portable one with the included extensions!

Hoover-FD22G-Handheld.jpg

Hoover-FD22G-Spillages.jpg

And you're right. Miele make far superior conventional corded vacuum cleaners than Dyson.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Saw a few in Childers rd in Limerick if that helps anyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

digitaldr wrote: »
    Three left in Charlestown qyvlet.jpg
    Good man, got one for the crack seeing that they are 150 in tescoes down the road :)
    One left

So I got one of these for my dad, have to say very happy with it

Question is my dad has it mounted on wall and has it plugged in 24/7 charging when not using it.. This could not be good for battery surely?

• Advertisement
Advertisement