Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hoover Freedom 22v Cordless

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

I have 1 (sometimes 2) cat(s) and it handles all their hair no problem - have it a good few months now and have only used the old plug in hoover once in that time (for cleaning up a large mess after DIY) very happy with it for €99 or whatever I paid for it, the place gets hoovered more than ever because you can just grab it off the wall and get going instantly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LpPepper

I work in a store that sells both Dysons and Hoover cordless vacuum cleaners.

I'll put it to you this way - whenever a Dyson hoover is brought to the shop for being "faulty" it's usually fixed with a quick clean. Any faulty parts or heads are replaced by Dyson once within warranty.

The hoover or other cordless models come back to the shop and aren't really fixable. I bought one myself and even with regular cleaning and maintenance the suction completely disappeared after a few months.

Spend the extra bit of money on the Dyson. With black Friday coming you'll get a good deal on one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

LpPepper wrote: »
    I work in a store that sells both Dysons and Hoover cordless vacuum cleaners.

I'll put it to you this way - whenever a Dyson hoover is brought to the shop for being "faulty" it's usually fixed with a quick clean. Any faulty parts or heads are replaced by Dyson once within warranty.

The hoover or other cordless models come back to the shop and aren't really fixable. I bought one myself and even with regular cleaning and maintenance the suction completely disappeared after a few months.

Spend the extra bit of money on the Dyson. With black Friday coming you'll get a good deal on one.

It's not just a bit of extra money though, this is 78 in the offer, I could have 4 of them break and I'd still be up money.

Dyson are a total rip off

I've had my hoover over a year, it's still perfect. No loss of suction. The head is great on carpet, picks up some amount of cat hair.

I've cleaned it out just like any cleaner

I even bought a couple now as gifts

Neither the dyson nor the hoover are going to give the suction of a plug in, but are perfectly adequate for day to day jobs, keeping on top of cleaning

I've used both and there's just no way to get my head around the price of the dyson, it's a battery, plastic and motor, anyone I've shown the hoover to, even those with a dyson can't believe the price difference

The Dyson might be a slightly better product, maybe 20%, but not 400% better

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭b.gud

If anyone is thinking about getting a Dyson over the Hover you should really check out their outlet store on Ebay. They are all refurbished but come with Dyson warranty and after buying one I can tell you that you would absolutely not know that they are refurbished. They regularly have sales on them and there can be good value

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ms vieria

AuldDaysul wrote: »
    Tried to buy the FD22L just there. Never bought from littlewoods before so had to set up account. Tried to pay with debit card, declined. Tried debit card again, declined. Then tried once with credit card... all 3 transactions declined for no apparent reason. Checked bank accounts online and all 3 debits showing in pending.... Checked orders on littlewoods account, nothing. Joke shop.

Any luck getting this resolved, same thing happened to me just now

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

The Dyson might be a slightly better product, maybe 20%, but not 400% better

Totally agree with this . Dyson is just so expensive , prices are crazy . Great bargain alert !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 222 ✭✭QueenRizla

Saw a 24V Hoover Cordless for 69.99 in Lidl Tipperary yesterday. Not sure what model it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Millem wrote: »
    Has anyone with hairy pets used it? Have a big Dyson which is a pain to have to plug in and out from room to room ;)
    Thanks

It's brilliant with our smallish bichon-type. So easy to lift and to a quick scoot around in twenty seconds to catch galloping fur/dust-bunnies on hard floors. The rotating bar lifts the hair from carpet very quickly. Just make sure you keep the bar maintained and empty the dust container regularly. The corded vacuum comes out perhaps three times a month here now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭AuldDaysul

ms vieria wrote: »
    Any luck getting this resolved, same thing happened to me just now

Nope all 3 debits still showing pending, I emailed littlewoods about 48 hours ago, and have got zero response so far. Needless to say i won't be buying from littlewoods again, bargain or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭branners69

I have a pending transaction too, is it not just a case of they will charge when they ship? A bit like Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ms vieria

AuldDaysul wrote: »
    Nope all 3 debits still showing pending, I emailed littlewoods about 48 hours ago, and have got zero response so far. Needless to say i won't be buying from littlewoods again, bargain or not.

I managed to get someone on the phone so told me it was because my account had not been approved yet. That someone from the Dublin office word ring me within 72 hours. What the hell they need to approve I have no idea, and if I'm not allowed to order why didn't it say it anywhere. Joke of a site. 240€ blocked on cards for the next 10 days until it falls off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭eurokev

ms vieria wrote:
    I managed to get someone on the phone so told me it was because my account had not been approved yet. That someone from the Dublin office word ring me within 72 hours. What the hell they need to approve I have no idea, and if I'm not allowed to order why didn't it say it anywhere. Joke of a site. 240€ blocked on cards for the next 10 days until it falls off.

Yeah I can't figure it out.

I want to pay, but it's not letting me, but they've given me €400 credit.
    I just want to buy the Hoover, and pay for it, like a normal transaction

What's the process

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭branners69

eurokev wrote: »
    Yeah I can't figure it out.

I want to pay, but it's not letting me, but they've given me €400 credit.
    I just want to buy the Hoover, and pay for it, like a normal transaction

What's the process

There was an option to pay by card (debit/credit) or else it brought you onto the getting credit from them screen!

Maybe try going back and try to select the pay by card link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭AuldDaysul

branners69 wrote: »
    I have a pending transaction too, is it not just a case of they will charge when they ship? A bit like Amazon.

Don't think so because it told me after each transaction that it was declined, yet the payment is pending and money blocked and no orders showing on littlewoods account.

The only thing that could make this worse is if I somehow end up with 3 Hoovers being shipped out, that's entirely possible judging by my littlewoods experience so far, no response to my email yet after 72 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 idontlikemyname

Had a similar pending transaction issue, went onto live chat with an agent this morning and he said there's no record of the orders on my account so the pending charges should drop off after a few days.
    Now to cancel my account with them ☺️

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,565 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

My order went through fine, got the confirmation email and money came off the card. Account profile said it would be delivered by Monday. Yesterday it said it was in the depot, now it says it's with a driver, but an estimate is not available, so I guess it could be today or still Monday.

In the Littlewoods website it says
    Sorry, this information is not available at the moment, please try again later

On the tracking website it says

Your parcel is with one of our drivers for delivery

Delivery Estimate

Unavailable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

Mine arrived this morning.

Only disappointing thing is that it comes with no wall mount....so it looks like I'll be gunthering up some kind of eh implement to wall mount it....ugh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

exaisle wrote: »

Only disappointing thing is that it comes with no wall mount....so it looks like I'll be gunthering up some kind of eh implement to wall mount it....ugh!

something like this might do the trick

http://www.ie.screwfix.com/smith-locke-long-robe-hook-brushed-stainless-steel-64mm-1-pack.html

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Blankety

Mine arrived too, nice job, pity it doesn't have a wall mount especially as in the diagram it shows a wall mount but only for some models. Should be easy to make a custom shelf out of a bit of planed 2 X 1.
    Good BA all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭shuvly

I have same problim so if anyone comes up with something to hold it up please post a pic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Squeaksoutloud

IKEA Skrall hook? No idea as don't have the Hoover yet but they seem to hold anything and were sold out in 2 days in IKEA when I want to get some a few weeks back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭shuvly

They look great. Will order a few. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

:(:o ...Mine arrived and the box looked resealed and i was thinking the wall bracket and other accessories were missing - so raised an RA with Littlewoods to return it, but now reading on here it looks like it doesnt come with a wall bracket:o:(

But still think box was missing items... can i ask you guys what accessories came in your box.

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,164 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,565 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

:(:o ...Mine arrived and the box looked resealed and i was thinking the wall bracket and other accessories were missing - so raised an RA with Littlewoods to return it, but now reading on here it looks like it doesnt come with a wall bracket:o:(

But still think box was missing items... can i ask you guys what accessories came in your box.

thanks

Mine looked resealed too. No accessories, like yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Mine looked resealed too. No accessories, like yourself.

Accessories are charger, small nozzle, floor sweeper head and long tube, if you got them you got everything. Have a read of the instruction manual and you'll see there is no wall mount included with this model.

Babysitting a dog with a double coat at the moment. He sheds a lot. Fills up the cylinder alright. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭Pique

These are in Lidl at the moment. €100.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭Dermobrickie

Pique wrote: »
    These are in Lidl at the moment. €100.

Wheres that?

Roscommon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chiparus

63 Euro in Tesco Wexford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭brightkane

anyone see similar in dublin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

This is only my personal opinion, so take from it what you want but......

The Hoover has been a total disappointment and only a step up from the cheap versions you can buy from any Electrical store.

the filter needs constant attention as performance dramatically drops if it's not kept in anyway pristine.

Its not a great unit tbh

I got one 14 months ago, I find it great, no issues for me,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭Masala

My wife thinks that its best thing since sliced bread!!! Sometimes I thinks she loves it more than she loves me!!!! She handles it alot more than she does me ...!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10 Duga

Just bought one in Tesco Clarehall for 62.66 - few more left on the shelf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Clearwater have them too but the wrong price on the shelf.. friend went to customer services with screenshot of this thread lol and they confirmed they’re reduced!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

tk123 wrote: »
    Clearwater have them too but the wrong price on the shelf.. friend went to customer services with screenshot of this thread lol and they confirmed they’re reduced!

Same in Tallaght, wrong price but scans at 62.99. Couldn't leave it there at that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

I bought one to vacuum the car...and for that it's fine, but as far as using it in the house, it's sh1te....no comparison to its wired relation...I'll be using it in the car only...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

I bought one to vacuum the car...and for that it's fine, but as far as using it in the house, it's sh1te....no comparison to its wired relation...I'll be using it in the car only...

Are you using it inside on carpet or laminate/tiles?

Has anyone had a problem with the powered head not working properly? Mine only works now when the head is pointed directly forward. If it's at an angle, even a slight one, it stops. It's a dodgy connection or like a broken ear bud cable that has to be held just right for it to work. Obviously this is a major PITA as in normal use you always twist and turn the thing.

Pique wrote: »
    Has anyone had a problem with the powered head not working properly? Mine only works now when the head is pointed directly forward. If it's at an angle, even a slight one, it stops. It's a dodgy connection or like a broken ear bud cable that has to be held just right for it to work. Obviously this is a major PITA as in normal use you always twist and turn the thing.

Have you removed the foot tool brush , sometimes it can get stuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bROgOFasOqw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭th283

The 32v version was reduced to €50 in Tesco Killarney today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

Ive had mine for a long time now . Since the thread began I think . A year ? And its working perfectly still .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Ive had mine for a long time now . Since the thread began I think . A year ? And its working perfectly still .

Paid 80 for ours in Dunnes last winter we never use the floor attachments it's been great so far. I would buy the bosch 18v one with the hose next time though my parents have one and as it's handier for drawers cupboards cars camper van etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

tk123 wrote: »

Anyone know if there's any of these left anywhere?... Dublin preferably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

I would buy the bosch 18v one with the hose next time though my parents have one and as it's handier for drawers cupboards cars camper van etc.

For how much?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Just to throw it in there - we've one of these since Xmas and it's a grand job. Not as powerful as our plug in vacuum which is a cheap Zanussi yolk, but perfect for flying around to hoover up whatever crumbs and messes the kids may have left around during the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

cronos wrote: »
    For how much?

Sorry I meant b&d not bosch. They're regularly on amazon for about £80 were in woodies and b&q on offer around the €110 mark.
    uk.camelcamelcamel.com/BLACK-DECKER-Lithium-Ion-Flexi-Vacuum/product/B00IUK7ZYG

• Advertisement
Advertisement