Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hoover Freedom 22v Cordless

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Has anyone had to return one of these to Amazon?
    they're not providing a prepaid label and as it has a li-ion battery, there's limited carriers. They've been giving me links but they either don't take the package or it's too large due to the size of the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,053 ✭✭✭✭tk123

fmul9798 wrote: »
    they're not providing a prepaid label and as it has a li-ion battery, there's limited carriers. They've been giving me links but they either don't take the package or it's too large due to the size of the box.

Maybe ask them if they'll take it without the battery? An post wouldn't accept a watch I was returning for repairs last year and I smuggled it back via parcel motel and collect+

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DavyC2

€62.66 in Tesco Naas today. This is the FD22G model, the FD22L was beside it (no wall mount, less accessories and a smaller battery) for €129.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

they're not providing a prepaid label and as it has a li-ion battery

Yes. I returned mine to Amazon. Twice. Once last year and the other one a few months ago. Both with the free prepaid label.

The shipping address on all Amazon returns labels is Portlaoise (Ireland), so shipping it there is not a problem. All LI-Ion battery items are banned from being air shipped in the EU, so how Amazon gets the stuff back to the UK (or wherever it came from) from Portlaoise, is their problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I returned mine by just posting the whole box through an post, cost 60 euro or something but amazon reimbursed me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

mine has some strange malfunction while still working. Unfortunately the malfunction occurred just out of warranty .

it basically wont switch off. So I have to slide the battery out to stop it hoovering. Luckily it will charge the battery with the battery slightly out so i can still use it .

This happened after an intensive use of it after I installed a new back door and the angle grinder sent dust everywhere .

I thought at first that it could be the switch had fused or shorted. So I opened it there and its looking good there (unless a tiny unserviceable part is internally shorted) . So my only other option could be that theres a short elsewhere e.g in the motor from the power lines to the motor which bypasses the switch altogether. I'm just glad it still works .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

I've had one of these for a couple of years. I have a short haired dog and I'd hoped it would gather up the hairs, which it does, but I spend more time trying to unblock the bungs of hair from the tubes than I do vacuuming..and I have tile floors...
    I'd suggest that anybody who's thinking of spending their hard-earned on one of these...or similar, stick to a traditional vacuum.
    The Hoover Freedom, won't pick up anymore bigger than the smallest particles of dust. Anything even the size of grit you might bring in on your shoes or short dog hairs will get blocked.
    I could put it in much stronger terms (pile of s****) but I'm in a good mood so I'll just advise anybody of thinking of investing to think very carefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Vexorg

My experience of this handheld has been good, mine is just over 2 years old, used a couple of times a day and gets emptied almost every day, full of dog hair,dust, popcorn rubble and kernels.

The brush head needs to be checked daily, it catch’s stuff and stops revolving, and there is a rubber flap that acts like a valve on the vacuum unit that can be clogged by paper, tissue or large piece of popcorn, if it’s not lifting dirt, it’s the head or the value, takes seconds to check and usually seconds to clear. Once you check these and clean the filters weekly as per the instructions, it’s great for the price. The full-size vacuum only comes out on rare occasions now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Vexorg wrote: »
    My experience of this handheld has been good, mine is just over 2 years old, used a couple of times a day and gets emptied almost every day, full of dog hair,dust, popcorn rubble and kernels.

The brush head needs to be checked daily, it catch’s stuff and stops revolving, and there is a rubber flap that acts like a valve on the vacuum unit that can be clogged by paper, tissue or large piece of popcorn, if it’s not lifting dirt, it’s the head or the value, takes seconds to check and usually seconds to clear. Once you check these and clean the filters weekly as per the instructions, it’s great for the price. The full-size vacuum only comes out on rare occasions now.

I agree, long hairs can clog the main brush but are easily cleared. Mine stopped picking up even the smallest 'bits' of dirt etc after hoovering up a load of decorating dust but once I cleared the main cylinder filter (it detaches) and the filter that slides out above the handle it was back cleaning as good as new.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

Vexorg wrote: »
    The brush head needs to be checked daily, it catch’s stuff and stops revolving, and there is a rubber flap that acts like a valve on the vacuum unit that can be clogged by paper, tissue or large piece of popcorn, if it’s not lifting dirt, it’s the head or the value, takes seconds to check and usually seconds to clear.

I think this is my main gripe. A "standard" vacuum doesn't need to be checked or cleared out every day. It sucks up dog hairs, bits of popcorn, paper/ and anything up to the size of a marble.

If all you're vacuuming is dust, I'm sure it'll work fine but don't expect it to replace a standard mains-powered vacuum cleaner.

The convenience of having a battery-operated vacuum that clips on and off a wall or door is more than outweighed by the inconvenience of having to spend time unblocking the damned thing....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

exaisle wrote: »
    I've had one of these for a couple of years. I have a short haired dog and I'd hoped it would gather up the hairs, which it does, but I spend more time trying to unblock the bungs of hair from the tubes than I do vacuuming..and I have tile floors...
    I'd suggest that anybody who's thinking of spending their hard-earned on one of these...or similar, stick to a traditional vacuum.
    The Hoover Freedom, won't pick up anymore bigger than the smallest particles of dust. Anything even the size of grit you might bring in on your shoes or short dog hairs will get blocked.
    I could put it in much stronger terms (pile of s****) but I'm in a good mood so I'll just advise anybody of thinking of investing to think very carefully.

bit hard on it there, had mine over two years, works a treat

its picked up all sorts of ****e, it's not a corded vac, but who doesn't have one of those already

if you empty it when it gets to the level, it's fine, only use the corded one now if the place is wrecked

compared to the dyson, i mean it's a steal, even if it doesn't have a digital motor, whatever that is

if you have an issue with it turning off after 20 seconds, even when fully charged, it'd the spinning head is blocked, it seems to do this to stop the motor burning out

2 year on battery is still strong and it's constantly on the charger and in use

Advertisement