Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bellurgan United Pitch

Options
  • 03-01-2017 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hi

Does anyone know anything in relation to planning permission granted for floodlights for Bellurgan United Football pitch? 

Any information on when they plan to build these etc would be great?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

Have you approached the club to ask?
    They play in the NEFL, that means you can play Thursday nights, Friday nights, Sunday mornings or Sunday afternoons. So times of operation would be Thursday or Fridays, 7:45 kick off times. I'm guessing Fridays so as not to clash with GAA training. I doubt they'd use them for training, too expensive.
    They won't be that bright, go watch glenmuir or rock on a Friday night, that's how bright they'll be.

But just ask the club to know for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭lbyrne121

I think they will be quite bright 8 x 18 meter poles with 5 lights per column... house is directly behind pitch..
    I don't think rock or glenmuirs are that big?
    I might ask them what is their plans of hours/patterns.. is that NEFL all ages as I see from fixtures that some age groups i.e. U16s play on Tuesday nights at 7pm in some clubs?

Also you don't mind me asking what months in the year do they play is it all months?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

lbyrne121 wrote: »
    I think they will be quite bright 8 x 18 meter poles with 5 lights per column... house is directly behind pitch..
    I might ask them what is their plans of hours/patterns.. is that NEFL all ages as I see from fixtures that some age groups i.e. U16s play on Tuesday nights at 7pm in some clubs?

Also you don't mind me asking what months in the year do they play is it all months?

Flood lights on sports pitches (when done correctly) are angled and focused to ensure the max amount of light on to the pitch.

I have lived beside a flood lit pitch a few years back and never had any issues.

What problems are you expecting from them?

When a club invests in flood lights they will get try and get the most use from them .. matches, training etc. but usually for two hours at a time .. will all be turned off by 10pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭lbyrne121

The house is right behind the pitch and I am just wondering would the light be glaring in the windows?  it is the back of the house so the kitchen and one of the bedrooms would be effected.

So would they have the lights on 7 days a week then?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

The house is right behind the pitch and I am just wondering would the light be glaring in the windows?  it is the back of the house so the kitchen and one of the bedrooms would be effected.

So would they have the lights on 7 days a week then?

very hard to know exactly when they will be using them as the cost of running the lights can be very expensive. Soccer season is generally August - May.

The lights are positioned and focused so that light is shone on the pitch and not elsewhere .. it would be highly unusual for any light being shone in to your house .. in reality you wouldn't know if the lights are on unless you look out the window.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

Bellurgan have a seperate training area so wont be using the lights for that. THe kids games are more often than not during the weekends so you will have no worries there. The NEFL team will either play thurs or fri nights.

It wont be an issue. The chairman manager etc are all decent people and very approachable if you want to go talk to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭cargo

Also I'd say if you get a copy of the planning application you might find all that info contained in it. If I remember correctly when we were going for planning a few years ago for something similar we had to submit a lux plan to the council (different county). The hours of operation might also be listed but as a few have suggested have a chat with the club. They would rather have you on board rather than pissed off.

NEFL is currently August to May though they keep trying to change to summer soccer, like league of Ireland.

I wouldn't know much about the kids leagues unfortunately. The senior team would have about 10 league games a season at home, maybe few in cups depending on draws. Someone said they've a training pitch, forgot that. Plus be expensive to run for training.

Give them a shout, they're one of the better clubs around

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

event wrote: »
    NEFL is currently August to May though they keep trying to change to summer soccer, like league of Ireland.

I wouldn't know much about the kids leagues unfortunately. The senior team would have about 10 league games a season at home, maybe few in cups depending on draws. Someone said they've a training pitch, forgot that. Plus be expensive to run for training.

Give them a shout, they're one of the better clubs around

Woodview, Rock, Glenmuir, Muirhevnamor, Dominics and Reedemer are all similar. Why are Bellurgan one of the better ones?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Woodview, Rock, Glenmuir, Muirhevnamor, Dominics and Reedemer are all similar. Why are Bellurgan one of the better ones?

He did say 'one of' suggesting there are more. Stop trying to be offended.

• Advertisement

They're a more established club in the NEFL, they are about 80 years old, have their own ground and a great structure.

I've seen too many clubs come & go in the NEFL but bellurgan are still there.

Advertisement