Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs v Chelsea, Wed 7:45

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭joeguevara

duploelabs wrote: »
    Who started the stir on this thread?

This is a spurs forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

joeguevara wrote: »
    You trying to stir things up on purpose?

Oh no, I'd never stir things up on purpose.

I just like to point out hypocrisy when I see it.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Oh no, I'd never stir things up on purpose.

I just like to point out hypocrisy when I see it.

A Chelsea supporter, comes into a spurs forum, starts using words like hypocrisy and doesn't think they are stirring on purpose? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttttttttttt!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I don't see why Chelsea supporters shouldn't post here. Or Arsenal, or United or anyone else. When there's a game on, i like the banter and rivalry. And for the most part, it is just that. We get digs in when we win, and vice versa. We're kind of locked away in here on our own, so some outside perspective is welcome.

As long as they don't win...then they can **** right off :P

Kiith wrote: »
    I don't see why Chelsea supporters shouldn't post here. Or Arsenal, or United or anyone else. When there's a game on, i like the banter and rivalry. And for the most part, it is just that. We get digs in when we win, and vice versa. We're kind of locked away in here on our own, so some outside perspective is welcome.

As long as they don't win...then they can **** right off :P

Arsenal supporters are banned from this forum and cannot post. Outside perspective is fine but stirring just for the sake of it isn't. That's my own opinion. But banter about the match itself is great and would liven up the match day threads. It sure is a change from fighting amongst ourselves haha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

joeguevara wrote: »
    A Chelsea supporter, comes into a spurs forum, starts using words like hypocrisy and doesn't think they are stirring on purpose? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttttttttttt!

He kinda had a point. Probably every club has some scumbag supporters and we're no exception.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Match input, I do think it will be a score draw tonight, our last win was in 2012, thanks to a Gallas horror show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Back to the actual nub of the matter lads :who will start?

Presumably the defence picks itself, Lloris, Walker, Rose, Toby & Verts.
    Kane, Alli & Ericson are also nailed on.
    That leaves three slots between Dembele, Dier, Wanyama and Son.

Considering Chelsea play three at the back, we will need some width and Son is the only player who can really do that until Lamela comes back so it looks like Dier to drop to the bench for me. He won't like that. I presume there won't be a bolter like N'Koudou. He hasn't done anything since his really promising cameo versus Monaco. With the way both teams play it could get very choked down the centre of the pitch and Poch might actually consider Trippier after the quality of his deliveries on Sunday but it would be a big surprise.

To echo a previous poster I hope Hazard gets the reception he deserves (within the rules of course!). Super player but to play for 45 minutes in a season says it all about his character.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

It'll be Dembele and Dier I think.

Yeah sounds about right. Son is frustrating, I'd be tempted to start Winks ahead of him, bring him on as sub if we need impact. He'll probably start though. The rest pretty much picks itself. I wouldn't mind a look at Trippy in midfield sometime, but now is not the time for experiments.

• Advertisement

slegs wrote: »
    It'll be Dembele and Dier I think.

Drop Viktor?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

Ormus wrote: »
    Drop Viktor?

Tough one but Dier was covering for Alderweireld. He will have the right motivation for this one considering last year. Hope he can keep in check.

Tight call though wouldnt be surprised if it was Wanyama either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Victor will play, of that there is no doubt alongside dembele

Dier to come on to shore up the 3-0 lead (slaps head of table to knock some sense into it)

I'd actually start sissoko with erikson and Ali

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

Lloris (C), Walker, Dier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose, Wanyama, Dembele, Eriksen, Dele, Kane.

Subs: Vorm, Davies, Trippier, Wimmer, Sissoko, Winks, Son

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

C1WTcLcXUAQONqv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Exciting night,bricking it here...3-1........coys!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Could. I'm nervous!

Should be a yellow for Azpilicueta there.

Good game so far. Spurs probably the better team, but not by much. Not enough running off the ball from us so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Is Kane carrying an injury, not paying well. Stl the most likely man on the field to score though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Bif

Don't rate Pedro in a physical game like this. Is Willian available?

GET IN!!!! DELI ALLI!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Bif

Spurs deserved lead goal! Chelsea in trouble on both sides of midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Beaut of a goal !!!!!

No less than deserved...ridiculous that the ref thought that celebration warranted a booking

• Registered Users Posts: 9,731 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Great time to score. Let's shut them out for the next 20mins

Need to weather the storm for 10 minutes, as i suspect they'll come out flying.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Kane has been septic

• Registered Users Posts: 8,307 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Get in :D

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭abff

Dele Alli!

Advertisement