Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs v Chelsea, Wed 7:45

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Johner wrote:
    Jesus lighten up, calling people clowns you've never met. You won the game, why all the anger?

I wouldn't.

I chuckled myself :-)

Great game loved the way Dembele and Wanyama imposed themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Wanyama was a total beast,some ball winner,he's getting my MOTM.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

tippspur wrote: »
    Wanyama was a total beast,some ball winner,he's getting my MOTM.

fully agree - he was magnificent

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

peteeeed wrote: »
    hahahaha what's seldom is golden
    3 point lane has been kind to us over the years

Unlucky Pete.... Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,731 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Overall it was a great performance and we were easily worthy of the score line. We played just as well as we did for 75 mins in the infamous battle of the bridge game last season and if anything the pressure of the winning streak got to Chelsea mentally.

Chelsea have their toughest run of fixtures coming up while (on paper) we have a good run in front of us.

.... Happy for us to fly under the radar for the moment and let Chelsea and Liverpool take the headlines for a few more months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Wanyama was/is colossus. I recall him giving the ball away once, trickled out of play. Looking more comfortable as the season progresses.

He cost £11 million...£11 fúcking million. He plays like a Rolls Royce. It was great to see Dier involved, he was a star last season.

Great win, Alli's interview - wise words from a 20 year old.

That midfield, it's beefy.

B9hd_UlIYAQ8EF_.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Levy Lover

3 point lane ... the arrogance. LOL

Oh yeah and Atkinson did a great job last night.

When Wanyama gets home and empties his pockets:

Keys ✅
    Phone ✅
    Wallet ✅
    Spaghetti ✅
    Kante ✅

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Dele cost 5 million! Astounding really, what a coup. Who was behind signing him? His development since his debut is unreal. 6 wins in a row now, can't really see a Chelsea collapse but if we can stay in contact I'm sure the experience of last year will be of huge benefit on the run in.
    Interesting fixtures coming up for the top 6 over the next few weeks, it could really tighten up at the top.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Dele was 5 million, Wanyama was 11 million and Alderweireld was 12 million. That's some amazing business.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Well played lads, physically the best team in the league by a long shot I reckon, dominated both of our wing backs and dembele and Wanyama were beasts. Hopefulyl ye can do the same to City and Liverpool in the next few games!

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

Danny Rose wasn't bad for £1m. I think that he has been superb all season

WHL wrote: »

He got tremendous stick at times, loaned out to numerous clubs. But under Pochettino, he's firing on all cylinders. I wouldn't swap him for anyone. His work rate is incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

WHL wrote: »

Yeah he and Walker are just amazing athletes who love to get up and down. It's like having two full backs and two wingers. I still occasionally wonder if they're secure defensively, but as far as combining defence and attack they are borderline world class these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Erikson was £8M. Lloris was about £9M

Sugarlumps wrote:
    Oh yeah and Atkinson did a great job last night.

Did you see the reaction on line to the offside he gave against Kane during a throw in. Bizarre... But I have to admit I didn't pass any remarks during the game itself.

Did you see the reaction on line to the offside he gave against Kane during a throw in. Bizarre... But I have to admit I didn't pass any remarks during the game itself.

Nope, missed that. Pity he carded Alli though. It's a silly rule, it's not like he was inciting a riot.

It'll get to the stage where if you score, and you let out a little yelp, you'll be carded.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Hanwellian

Ormus wrote: »
    Yeah he and Walker are just amazing athletes who love to get up and down. It's like having two full backs and two wingers. I still occasionally wonder if they're secure defensively, but as far as combining defence and attack they are borderline world class these days.

If only Walker could cross a ball like Trippier!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Hanwellian wrote: »
    If only Walker could cross a ball like Trippier!

Yes, but Walker does offer something different. He got past his man every single time last night and then passed back to Eriksen for the perfect ball into the box. He was involved in both goals

• Advertisement

If Walker could cross like tripper or if tripper had the pace to go past players the way walker does then they'd be playing for barca or RM and not for spurs

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Hanwellian

Yes, but Walker does offer something different. He got past his man every single time last night and then passed back to Eriksen for the perfect ball into the box. He was involved in both goals

That is what is so frustrating about Walker, bombs down the touchline with the ball, comes up against the full back and stops to lay the ball back or sideways 5 yards, doesn't have the skill to cross effectively or the confidence to beat the man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Hanwellian wrote: »
    That is what is so frustrating about Walker, bombs down the touchline with the ball, comes up against the full back and stops to lay the ball back or sideways 5 yards, doesn't have the skill to cross effectively or the confidence to beat the man.

It's only frustrating when Eriksen plays poor and we don't score. Here is the pass sequence for the two goals

405526.jpg

Advertisement