Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best and worst products for 2016

Options
  • 03-01-2017 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭

So what were your best and worst beauty/ skincare/ haircare / make up products for 2016?

Hits:
    • Blank canvas series one palette - I was never really drawn to warm shadows but it was used on me by a MUA for a wedding and I had to get it, I've gotten so much use out of it since!
    • Anything by Catrice - many new additions to my make up routine in 2016 from Catrice: their glam & doll mascara and eyeliner, HD foundation, liquid concealer and I've just started using their eye shadow primer and happy with it so far.
    • Cocoa Brown conditioner - not mad about the shampoo to be honest, it leaves my hair feeling rough which I guess it the volumising bit, I really needed the matching conditioner to soften the ends. I've used up the conditioner well before the shampoo which never happens with me, and I will just repurchase the conditioner alone.
    Misses:
    • Flormar products - maybe I just didn't pick the right ones but I've tried the illuminating primer and I found the scent really offputting. Also got one of their high coverage foundations and I found it really hard to find a shade to match me (and I haven't an unusual colouring) and the one it bought just looked really heavy and cakey on me.
    • Waxperts pads - I think I got these earlier in the year, I found they did nothing for me.
    • NYX lip lingerie liquid lipsticks - the formula of them is good, but the shades do not suit me at all, they are all grey and concealer like on me. Just the shade exotic suited me and in fairness I've gotten good wear out of it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Hits;
    Becca - highlighters (pearl & moonstone pressed), backlighting primer, undereye corrector

Beauty Blender and the solid cleanser

Oskia Renaissance Cleansing gel

Pixi Glow Tonic

Mac Fix+ - I'm addicted

First Aid Beauty repair cream

Misses;
    Stila liquid lipstick in Petina - awful shade

Alpha H Liquid Gold - too much alcohol for my skin

KVD tattoo liner - very hard to work with, nib dries too much

Loreal clay mask - red one, broke me out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Ooh, love this. Ok, my Hits of 2016:

Benefit Hoola
    Penneys oval cosmetic pads
    Penneys individual lashes
    Seche Vite topcoat
    Aldi hairspray
    Makeup Geek eyeshadows
    Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray
    Olaplex

Misses of 2016:

Boots Botanicals eye makeup remover (really had to work it hard to be effective and then stung like a mother f**ker)
    Cocoa Brown shampoo (agree with above, the conditioner is much better... but I really wish the smell was different)
    B bold tan (came off looking very dirty/patchy)
    LA Girl concealer (just felt it did nothing)
    Morphe brushes (maybe I got a bad batch, but the dye from the black hairs runs all the time when I wash them. I know they're fairly cheap but it's actually ridiculous.)
    Flormar CC cream- I actually really like the formula, but the SMELL!!! It absolutely stinks.

I'm on the fence about those waxperts pads too... not really noticing they do anything. But maybe that's the point, maybe I'd notice ingrown hairs and stuff more if I wasn't using them... but yeah, in general I don't really see the fuss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Hits:
    Kevyn Aucoin sensual skin fluid foundation - leaves you looking like an Instagram filter.
    Anastasia modern renaissance palette - highlight of all eyeshadow palettes this year.
    Inglot products - I really got into inglot this year, few disappointments but a lot of good products. I really like their eyeshadows and their lip products in particular. I especially loved their rose gold pigment, and their matte lip glosses. Duraline is a staple product for me and I was impressed with their AMC foundation, although i didn't purchase it (just had it applied having my face done) as I'm more than happy with my own foundation. I also like their face highlighters, particularaly the gold mixed with the bronze. I have purchased all 3 and they're stunning alone or mixed together.

Becca/Jacklyn Hill - champagne pop
    The Balm - MaryLou Manizer

Sleek - liquid lipsticks, the longevity of the product is amazing.

Bellamianta tan. I'm not a huge tan person, I rarely wear it and am extremely pale. This tan looks amazing on me and seems next to impossible to screw up. On New Year's Eve I used the bellamianta mitt to apply an instant tan. I washed off my instant tan on New Year's Day but was left with the excess bellamianta tan and it's so subtle and natural and adds a very light natural colour. I can't see myself switching tans for the foreseeable. I hate the orange undertone to a lot of tans on the market and I've worked with a lot of different brands but this is my absolute favourite.

Coco Brown
    - tough stuff
    - shampoo and conditioner
    I was pleasantly surprised and was probably the last person in the country to try CB products. Tough stuff was the best exfoliator I've ever used (second to the ogra body exfoliator). The only downside for me was the price difference. 7.99 in Tesco and dunnes and 4.99 in Dublin pharmacies/pennies.

The shampoo especially was probably my most favourite find of 2016.

L'Oréal Extraordinary Oil. After a hair disaster with a bleach happy hairdresser my hair was destroyed. I now use this after every wash and my hair has really never looked as good. I've started taking head high and I use a keratin mask from Lidl and my hair is in great condition. I haven't used the mask long enough for an impartial review though.

Misses:
    Inglot "long for" mascara - 18 euro of disappointment. The brush is horrible to work with, the formula is gloopy, and very wet so the combination leaves an absolute mess on short lashes. I commented on it to a MUA doing my makeup with inglot that I was less than impressed with it and she shrugged and suggested I use a disposable brush with it.

Tresemme dry shampoo - my day old hair was fine when I used it, I just wanted to freshen it up. After I put this in my hair looked like I could season a wok. It was horrible. I tried it a few times, and each time it was the same. Extremely disappointing.

Tresemme Clarifying/Cleansing shampoo. My hair never feels clean after this shampoo.

PS Glow mask, the pennies dupe of glam glow mask. It felt like I'd smeared my face in petroleum jelly. It did a decent enough exfoliation but it felt and smelled cheap. An ok exfoliator but a disapppinting mask. (Received this free)

Vaseline spray and go moisturiser. Greasy and gimmicky.

Anastasia dip Brow pomode - did love this initially but I'm fairly convinced that the formula for me is causing hairloss

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Hits:
    L'Oreal perfect match foundation. Love this and have repurchased several time.
    Charlotte Tilberry eyeshadow in a goldy neutral shade.
    Cheap as chips Rimmel lip pencil.
    Set of ecotools brushes, bought as part of a drive to be more eco friendly and I love them all.

Misses:
    Flormar primer. I only used it to use it up and was glad to see the back of it.
    Make Up Revolution in general, bought eyeshadows, blushers, lipglosses and other stuff, it was all crap.

Maybe:
    MAC Prolongwear. I only bought this recently and I will get the beauty blender to see if this improves it for me but so far I'm meh about it. I prefer the L'Oreal TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

HITS:

Beauty Blender - flawless coverage. Just the best way to apply foundation IMO.

ABH Renaissance Palette - beautiful colours that blend seamlessly. It's like I have an Instagram filter on my eyelids :D

Becca Colour Corrector Concealer in Peach - the only thing that has successfully covered up my dark under eyes
    Becca Luminisers in Opal and Pearl - perfectly highlight without looking shiny or glittery

Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation - amazing bargain buy. Fantastic coverage and great match for my skin.

Charlotte Tilbury Red Carpet Red lipstick - wore this almost non-stop over the last month. It's intensely pigmented, matte but SO comfortable to wear and most importantly didn't wear off even after eating/drinking.

MAC Fix+ spray - I used this continuously in 30+ degree heat over the summer and my make up looked great all day long.

L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes Feline - not sure if this is available here? I got a few tubes in the States and it's my favourite mascara at the moment. Separates and curls my poker straight lashes even if I don't use a curler.

MISSES:

Avene eye contour cream - felt like this did nothing. Also took an age to absorb.

Boots Airbrush Away foundation - airbrushes away off your face and onto your clothes/hands/everything. I was colour matched to something way too pink for my skin that slid off onto anything that came near it even hours after being applied.

Becca Colour Corrector Concealer in Pistachio - unfortunately not as good as the Peach one. Did nothing to minimise any redness in my skin. Very disappointing.

That's all I can think of for now. Perhaps I'll remember more as others post! :)

• Advertisement

Valentina wrote: »
    HITS:

Beauty Blender - flawless coverage. Just the best way to apply foundation IMO.

ABH Renaissance Palette - beautiful colours that blend seamlessly. It's like I have an Instagram filter on my eyelids :D

Becca Colour Corrector Concealer in Peach - the only thing that has successfully covered up my dark under eyes
    Becca Luminisers in Opal and Pearl - perfectly highlight without looking shiny or glittery

Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation - amazing bargain buy. Fantastic coverage and great match for my skin.

Charlotte Tilbury Red Carpet Red lipstick - wore this almost non-stop over the last month. It's intensely pigmented, matte but SO comfortable to wear and most importantly didn't wear off even after eating/drinking.

MAC Fix+ spray - I used this continuously in 30+ degree heat over the summer and my make up looked great all day long.

L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes Feline - not sure if this is available here? I got a few tubes in the States and it's my favourite mascara at the moment. Separates and curls my poker straight lashes even if I don't use a curler.

MISSES:

Avene eye contour cream - felt like this did nothing. Also took an age to absorb.

Boots Airbrush Away foundation - airbrushes away off your face and onto your clothes/hands/everything. I was colour matched to something way too pink for my skin that slid off onto anything that came near it even hours after being applied.

Becca Colour Corrector Concealer in Pistachio - unfortunately not as good as the Peach one. Did nothing to minimise any redness in my skin. Very disappointing.

That's all I can think of for now. Perhaps I'll remember more as others post! :)

We have a good few in common! Very tempted by the ABH palette- I'm between that and the Huda one!

Also Flormar isn't getting great reviews, never tried their stuff before, don't think I will now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Hopeful2016

Hits:

ABH Modern Renaissance palette & Too Faced Sweet Peach palette - love the warm and peachy shades on blue eyes

KVD Shade and Light eye palette - great for every day neutral look or smoky night time look. V easy to blend.

Catrice foundations. HD dropper one is super lightweight with nice medium coverage and lovely finish. Even Skin Tone one has nice fuller coverage and comes in shade 005 which is perfect for my paler skin as I sometimes find the shade range too dark.

EL Double Wear. My ride or die going out foundation. Love this. Flawless finish and doesn't budge.

Hourglass ambient light blush palette- gorgeous glowy shades without the glitter.

Clarisonic brush - my skin looks so much clearer and pores look smaller when I use this regularly.

L'Oréal micellar water - does v good job of taking make up off and doesn't sting my sensitive skin or eyes.

Irish Breeze square extra large cotton pads - sooo soft and a great size for make up removal.

Clarins hand and nail cream - sinks in easily and leave skin lovely and soft.

Misses:

Lancôme hypnose drama mascara- a big, expensive clumpy mess.

Bourjois healthy skin ( I think! The one with the peach colour pump that has a primer with the same name) - even lightest shade was way too orange.

CB shampoo. Left hair so lank.

Elvive fibrology air shampoo and conditioner. The clear gel version. The shampoo was ok but the conditioner just did nothing. Not even slightly conditioning. Love the original.

Rimmel Brow gel - clumpy and messy. Left blobs of product on my brows. Maybe I got a bad one cos it looked like it was gone off.

Water wipes makeup remover wipes - struggled to get makeup off with these no matter how many I used.

Maybe: jury is out on Nars Sheer glow foundation. Not loving it so far but haven't used it enough to decide for sure. Don't think it's worth the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I tried a Flormar foundation recently and thought it had promise but on reflection, it has no staying power and sort of sits on the skin doing nothing before just wearing away or rubbing off at the slightest touch of clothing or a tissue or whatever. Not good at all.
    I still like their primer though, and some of their nail polishes (the opaque, non pearlescent or glittery ones) are very decent for the price.
    Another miss: Colab dry shampoo. I read an excellent review of it so off I went to my nearest Superdrug (shudder) to buy it. Massive disappointment: it made my hair look greasy and stringy and dry all at the same time. The quest for a decent dry shampoo continues (I have the same problem with Batiste, albeit to a lesser extent, and I hate every scent of theirs too).

My biggest hit of the year was probably the Garnier oil-infused make up remover wipes http://www.boots.ie/en/Garnier-SkinActive-Oil-Infused-Micellar-Cleansing-Wipes_1792913/ - I'm not a fan of wipes in general as they can be so drying and overly fragranced but they are so handy in an emergency. These ones are very effective, no rubbing required, I still need 2 to finish the job properly but they are very nice and moisturising.

Other hits: Lancome lipliners and lipsticks - long-lasting, non-drying, no horrible flaking etc. Expensive but worth it.
    Benefit Sugarbomb blush - lovely natural looking pop of colour, very easy to blend.
    Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Serum - eye-wateringly expensive but worth every penny - this has done wonders for my skin and works beautifully with my Clinique Moisture Surge moisturiser, which goes funny over some other serums.
    Benefit Gimme Brow - exactly like those brow mascaras in the nineties, except not horrible and Gimme Brow actually does what you want it to do! Good colour range too.
    Aveeno moisturising body wash is a lovely product, I use it to wash my face too and it's so gentle and calming. Always on the lookout for a special offer on this.
    John Frieda Sheer Blonde shampoo and conditioner range keeps my highlights looking fresh.

Penneys range of cotton pads - I love the oval ones for removing eye makeup and the little round ones for nail polish etc.
    Oh and Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream is one of my biggest must-haves, 2016 and always!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

GingerLily wrote: »
    We have a good few in common! Very tempted by the ABH palette- I'm between that and the Huda one!

I say get the ABH one! I haven't tried Huda but I have lots of eyeshadows from high end brands to drugstore, and the ABH beats them all hands down.

• Advertisement

GingerLily wrote: »
    Also Flormar isn't getting great reviews, never tried their stuff before, don't think I will now!

I will say that I really like their lipsticks! Haven't tried enough of their other products to say anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Hits

The Manizer sisters palette - really love it.
    ABH Modern Renasance Palette - very bendable
    Image skincare - tried a few different products this year as their range has evolves. Cant really fault any of them.
    HASK shampoo and conditioners (Penneys) Originally got these free in a goodybag but have bought them numerous times since. They leave my hair lovely and soft, and I hardly ever dry or straighten it anymore. Its now so much longer and thicker.

Misses

Flomar - again, got some freebies and was not impressed.
    NYX Born to Glow Illuminator in Gleam - did nothing for me. Looked so pigmented on my hand but on my face it made no difference.
    PS knock off of the Manizer Sisters palette - product is rock hard, could barely get anything onto my brush, let alone my face.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Hits:

Kylie Lip Kits. Definitely was hesitant of the hype about rhese but they live up to it. Little to no wear off onto cups/glasses when drinking. Great variety of shades and will purchase more.

L'Oréal elvive extraordinary hair oil. Love this put a few pumps through my hair when wet before blow drying and my hair is lovely and silky.

The Manizer Sisters. Only got his for Christmas but I really do love it so far.

Nip+Fab glycolic pads. My skin has never been so clear. Use these every night before bed and since the initial outbreak (when I first start using them) I think I've had about 2 spots.

Penneys lip liners. I must have about 16 of the nude one.

Misses
    Nivea double effect eyemake up remover. Absolutely stings the eyes out of me every single time.

Penneys nail varnishes. Found the colours pretty but didn't last a few hours without chipping.

Think I got out of 2016 without wasting too much money on beauty misses!

Edit to add the Catrice highlighter that all the beauty bloggers were raving about. It was absolutely crap!

Wellyd wrote: »

Misses
    Nivea double effect eyemake up remover. Absolutely stings the eyes out of me every single time.

Yes! I agree, heard really good things (Marissa Carter raves about it) but I hated it, so stingy. Actually if anyone has any recommendations of a really good eye makeup remover that's ok for sensitive eyes/lens wearers, I'd really appreciate it!

Meangadh wrote: »
    Yes! I agree, heard really good things (Marissa Carter raves about it) but I hated it, so stingy. Actually if anyone has any recommendations of a really good eye makeup remover that's ok for sensitive eyes/lens wearers, I'd really appreciate it!

I find Bioderma micellar water takes off all my make up and is really gentle on my skin :) I follow up with a proper cleanse wtih a face cloth/sponge and a foaming cleanser (Clinque - think its called gentle foaming cleanser or similar) but Bioderma takes away all the heavy lifting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I use coconut oil to remove my makeup, even around my eyes. 3.99 aldi

I use coconut oil to remove my makeup, even around my eyes. 3.99 aldi

Actually I recently used this to take off NYX lip lingerie (which is pretty solid stuff) and it worked a treat. I can't use this all over because I wear lash extensions and oil in that area would be a no no, but its definitely a good tip :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,669 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Great thread!

Hits:
    -Catrice HD Liquid Coverage foundation
    -Catrice Glam & Doll mascara
    -Kiehl's Nightly Refining Micro-peel Concentrate
    -Lidl's keratin haircare range
    -Sleek eyeshadow palette in "Spotlights"

Misses:
    -Nip & Fab glycolic daily cleansing pads. Did nothing except dry me up and break me out
    -NYX Matte but not Flat primer. Did absolutely nothing at all.
    - Revlon Ultra Matte liquid lipsticks. They wear REALLY unevenly and don't reapply well at all unless you clean the whole lot off and start from scratch. Ain't nobody got time fo' dat.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Hits: - Mac Fix Plus spray. Only started using this this year; can't live without it now. I keep a mini in my bag at all times.
    - ZOEVA Cocoa blends eyeshadow palette: just amazing, gorgeous colours and I will use every one of them. Have a gazillion palettes but this is my most used and grabbed every single day.
    - Beauty Blender: I use the fix plus to dampen this and then blend my concealer with it. Flawless finish.
    - L'oreal glam bronze cushion de soleil: amazing bronzer and makes me look so golden and glowy. Fab for any skin but especially freckled skin, it just makes you look so fresh and natural and sunkissed.
    -Wet n Wild blush in 'Mellow Wine', gorgeous colour, it gives my skin life.
    - Mac highlighter in 'Double Gleam', really nice and subtle.
    - Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel: actually discovered this the year before last but I will never ever be without it.
    - Kiehls Creme de Corps: makes me feel like a Victoria Secret model!
    - Sunday Riley Luna Oil: the best thing I've ever put on my skin. Ever.
    -Pro-voke silver shampoo: keeps my blonde hair icy white.

Misses: -Becca Champagne Pop: am probably the only person in the world who just didn't like this. My skin is very pink toned and this just didn't suit me.
    -Benefit Posietint: if you want to look like a clown for the day, use this.
    - Kevin Murphy purple shampoo and conditioner: I fell for the hype around these products but alas they were rubbish. Didn't leave my hair feeling clean but only dull and lank. Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Hit -
    Bourjois Healthy Mix serum foundation
    Vichy Aqualia Thermal Dynamic Hydration Serum
    Dior's Diorskin Forever & Ever Wear Extreme Perfection & Hold Makeup Base
    Nars radiant creamy concealer
    SEVENTEEN Falsifeye HD Mascara
    Nail paint by Barry M
    Cocoa brown shimmering body oil
    Catrice Glam and doll curl and volume mascara
    Soap and Glory one heck of a blot
    Avocado oil
    Charlotte Tibury lipstick Bond girl
    Nars Nico
    Avene Thermal water spray
    Burts Bees lemon butter cuticle cream

Miss -
    Rimmel London Wonder'Full Wake Me Up Mascara with Vitamins & Cucumber
    Maybelline super stay 24 setting spray
    Rimmel Insta fix and go setting spray
    Charlotte Tilbury Magic foundation
    Rimmel 60 second nail polish
    Avene redness relieve moisturising protective cream SPF 20
    Flomar beauty sponge
    Benefit theyre real mascara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

Great thread!

Hits:
    Inglot Duraline - brings my Anastasia Dipbrow back to life and great under pigments and glitters.
    Becca Cosmetics x Jaclyn Hill - Champagne Pop
    Morphe 35O palette (amazing quality for the price!)
    Sleek Powder Contour Kit (amazing pigmentation - dropped mine and can't find a replacement anywhere)
    Rimmel/Kate Moss nude lipstick #40 - my go to nude lipstick for the past 6 months, think I've picked up 4 or 5. Lovely texture, lovely shade and not too glossy.
    Benefit Porefessional Primer - keep coming back to this.
    Penneys individual lashes.
    So Su lashes.
    Smart Beauty Express Colour - similar to a Colour bomb in that it keeps coloured hair healthy during salon visits. Gives my hair shine and condition like no other...

Misses:
    Smashbox Photo Finish primer - Don't see what the hype is about..
    Tan Organic Tanning Oil - again, heard lots of good reviews but hated it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Hits:
    Catrice HD foundation...now only one I use.
    Boots botanics radiance balm as primer.
    Garnier moisture bomb.
    Estee lauder advanced night repair
    La roche posay dry scalp shampoo.
    Loreal olive oil conditioning mask

Misses:
    Pixi glow tonic..broke my skin out.
    Cocoa brown shampoo/conditioner.
    Benefit they're real mascara.....awful.

I'm sure there's more. Haven't been very adventurous this year. Though now I really want the ABH modern renaissance pallet. Never really bother with eye shadow but id like to start trying.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭ananas

Hits

Estee Lauder double wear foundation - the only foundation I can wear on my super oily skin.

Lidl keratin range.

Catrice liquid eyeliner - great application and doesn't bleed.

Inglot eyeshadows - great pigmentation.

NYX contour pallet - great shades and beautiful highlighters for all levels of tan.

Misses

Too faced born this way foundation - while marketed for oily skin, it slid off my face and was so patchy.

Maybelline scandal eyes mascara - while it says it's easy to remove, this is lies. It's clumpy and flakes off and I have to use baby oil to get it off. Utter miss.

Sleek liquid eyeliner - stung my eyes and is scratchy, hated thus.

Charlotte tilbury creme - this is awful and was so expensive. It sits on my skin and doesn't absorb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I'm totally using this thread as inspiration for some new purchases, so I blame you all for my upcoming spending. :D

Hits
    EL Double Wear - love trying new foundations but always come back to this one, as close as I'll ever come to holy grail
    Mac Studio Fix Powder - ultimate full coverage, flawless finish
    Kat Von D Tattoo Liner - so inky black, so easy to use
    L'Oreal False Lash Sculpt mascara - cannot get over how good this mascara makes my lashes look, even better than UD Perversion imo
    NYX Microbrow - apparently a dupe for Anastasia Brow Wiz, love it

Misses
    L'Oreal Clay hair mask - can't remember the actual name, felt this did nothing whatsoever
    L'Oreal True Match foundation - disappointing as so many loved it, just didn't suit my skin I think
    Seventeen felt tip eyeliner - so hard to use, hardly any pigment

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

HITS
    Estee Lauder double wear and double wear light - refuse to try any other foundations now!
    Catrice glam & doll blackest black mascara
    Catrice contour kit - the bronzer is just perfect for pale skin
    Mac strobe cream - fell in love with this again and love the travel size is only ten euro
    Charlotte tilbury eyeshadow quads - expensive but amazing quality
    Cocoabrown kind shampoo & conditioner - made such a difference to my over coloured damaged hair
    Kat Von D tattoo liner - so easy to use and stays put all day long
    Kat von D shade and light eye palette

Ive a few others but think this list is long enough :)

MISSES

Nyx single eyeshadows - just didnt find these to be decent pigment wise
    Pennys ps eye makeup remover - stung my eyes and left half the eyemakeup behind
    Catrice higlow highlighter - disappears off the skin in no time
    Makeup revolution matte revolution eyeshadow palette - serious lack of pigment and blendability
    Boots botanics radiance balm - didnt find this great as others did

Loving this thread as it goes to show how some products work for some and not for others!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

fifi28 wrote: »
    Boots botanics radiance balm - didnt find this great as others did!

I forgot about this! Also really didn't do a thing for me despite some bloggers raving about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

lazygal wrote: »
    I forgot about this! Also really didn't do a thing for me despite some bloggers raving about it.

Same, used it on half of my face once and not the other half, couldn't see a difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

Same, used it on half of my face once and not the other half, couldn't see a difference!

Exactly - made no beneficial difference, I tried it as a base and also mixed into foundation but it just seemed like more of a moisturiser that sank into the skin and that was that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Hits
    Becca highlighter in moonstone
    Nars sheer foundation
    Beauty blender
    Eyelure fake lashes -single fleur de force ones
    Smash box liquid primer

Misses
    Estée Lauder new foundation with the spongy applicator (can't remember the name) - very drying on my already dry skin

Liz earl skin polish- just found it stung my skin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Ooh great thread giving me loads of ideas!

Hits
    Monuskin Illumunating Primer
    ABH Modern Renaissance Palette
    Body Shop Himalayan Charcoal mud mask
    ABH Dipbrow
    Benefit KaBrow
    KVD Metal Matte palette
    KVD Tattoo Liner (@gingerlily there is a pump in the lid if you think yours is prematurely dry!)
    Practically everything by The Ordinary (skincare)
    Amika Nourishing Conditioning mask
    Manefit Sheet Masks
    Foreo LUNA
    UD Primer in Minor Sin
    Becca Champagne Splits

Misses
    UD Ultimate Basics (probably on my own here)
    Essence highlighter trio (very chalky)
    UD Highlighter Trio

Advertisement