Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a good quality rod?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭JakeBell

The colours wouldn't be my thing but can appreciate they might appeal to others.

What casting weight rod are you looking for? Some of them are very light and would be more suitable for perch. If I was going for a budget pike rod for small lures I'd go for this:
    https://www.reeds.ie/collections/rods/products/greys-prowla-gs-lure-spin-rod-9ft-20-45g

Or more likely I'd think about it for a couple of weeks, cut the food budget and go for one of these:
    https://www.fishingtackleandbait.co.uk/en/Greys-GR70-Spinning-Rod/m-40933.aspx
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭The other fella

I was looking at the 9ft 12-42 gram rod. Most of the lures i fish are about 10 grams on average and i rarely fish anything over 25 gram. I also really want a split handle lure rod, mainly because they look cool. (I know thats a terrible thing to look for in a rod :D )

Do you think they would be around shakespeare level of quality?

And ive cut the food budget enough for most of my other tackle, im going to have to be a bit sensible this time haha ;)

:pac: In my opinion they look more cheap than cool but again I'm probably older!
    And DAM is probably not a very cool brand. :p

The quality of the reel seat, guides and blank would all be higher up my list than appearance. If you hook into a 20lb fish you won't be too worried about how cool the rod looks!

I'm sure they're fine though. Make sure the guides are suitable for braid on whatever you get. Some of the cheaper ones aren't and the braid would cut through them.

Most of the lures i fish are about 10 grams on average

What lures do you use as a matter of interest? 10g sounds very light.

JakeBell wrote: »
    What lures do you use as a matter of interest? 10g sounds very light.

These sort of things

https://www.agmdiscountfishing.co.uk/storm-thundercrank-madflash-black-silver-flash-p-6590.html?osCsid=2j071vu5fph8domo5ph7mrh865

I look a bit out of place next to lads using big bulldawgs and line thru pike lures but its always smaller ones that seem to work for me!

• Advertisement

I think im gone off the idea of these rods though, i might aswell wait till i have a bit extra money and get a good brand rod.

I think im gone off the idea of these rods though, i might aswell wait till i have a bit extra money and get a good brand rod.
    Might be for the best I think. Rods usually last a long, long time. You might be still be fishing with it in 20/30 years.

Advertisement