Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bradley Wiggins - The Jump

Options
  • 03-01-2017 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭

Thought it was a joke at first but he's signed up to Channel 4's 'The Jump'.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-38490980

(On mobile so link probably won't work)

He's been tainted in my eyes but after seeing the carnage this show can produce I still wouldn't like to see him pick up a bad injury.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

I'm sure he'll have his asthma inhalers with him so he will be grand

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Sponsored by Acme asthma medicine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

The man is a complete bluffer in every respect.
    Mr anti establishment, mod, man of the common people, now doing reality tv! Fraud, thats him to a fecking tee.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Bugsy2000

terrydel wrote: »
    The man is a complete bluffer in every respect.
    Mr anti establishment, mod, man of the common people, now doing reality tv! Fraud, thats him to a fecking tee.

I reckon it's his PR team pushing this. He knows the past six months have tarnished him, so go on TV, put on a cheeky chappy persona, have a bit of a laugh & try to win over the public before he's dirt in everyone's eyes.

The way celebrity culture works these days it'll probably work but anymore dirt that is uncovered in the next few months & he's shagged anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

I'm sure he'll have his asthma inhalers with him so he will be grand

He'd be better off wrapping himself in all the jiffy bags they are transported in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Agree with Bugsy and terrydel above. Desperate last minute move by Wiggins for sure. The **** is going to hit the fan in the next few weeks so what better way to curry favour with the British public before anything that may come out.

And apparently, Wiggins has a 'passion' for skiing. I doubt Team Sky let him anywhere near a pair of ski's while under contract, ye know... marginal gains and all that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

I doubt the viewership of this knows who he is, let alone the shadows that lurk around him. He's just that feller that won d'lympics cycling that goes around in circles and that Tour the France.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

velo.2010 wrote: »
    Agree with Bugsy and terrydel above. Desperate last minute move by Wiggins for sure. The **** is going to hit the fan in the next few weeks so what better way to curry favour with the British public before anything that may come out.

And apparently, Wiggins has a 'passion' for skiing. I doubt Team Sky let him anywhere near a pair of ski's while under contract, ye know... marginal gains and all that!

I would agree that his image has lost it's edge!! Will he be able to stay on his edges when the going gets tough in the Jump!!

I would love to do that show. Anybody with a half good ski technique, good balance and fearless should run away with it, but there is a rarely someone that is all those.

Just back from a weeks telemark skiing. Best ski fun I have had in years! Great all over workout!

Hurt his foot, the poor thing. A shot of cortisone ought to sort him out. :D

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQFqoDFgfBi/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

There's a guy called Robbie Fowler on this, as well.
    I wonder, is he related to the Boardsie with a similar sounding name.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Eamonnator wrote: »
    There's a guy called Robbie Fowler on this, as well.
    I wonder, is he related to the Boardsie with a similar sounding name.

One claims to be God. The other played for a crap football team

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Brad is through

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Beasty wrote: »
    One claims to be God. The other played for a crap football team

I didn't know RobFowl played football.

Whatever the shortcomings of Mr Wiggins, I'm not aware of any evidence of him resorting to snorting for his kicks....

article-1084563-0018F7B100000258-765_468x300.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Whatever the shortcomings of Mr Wiggins, I'm not aware of any evidence of him resorting to snorting for his kicks....

One of the greatest celebrations ever. Sure as hell beats what ever the those two lads off united are meant to be doing

One of the greatest celebrations ever. Sure as hell beats what ever the those two lads off united are meant to be doing
    They were already out of all the cups when they beat Everton that day, so that's all Liverpool had to celebrate that season. Of course a couple of weeks later there was a certain Mr Giggs celebrating in the last FAC SF replay, then there was Mr Cole in the final league game of the season, Messrs Sheringham and Scholes at Wembley and a very warm evening in Barcelona.

Ole!, Ole!, Ole!.....

Still reckon the victory is more important than the celebration mind

(awaits reports of this going off topic, although this thread wasn't exactly very cycling related in the first place)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

I was going to report Beasty's post for going off topic, but poking the guy with the banhammer doesn't seem like a good idea. I'm crazy, not stupid.

All true Liverpool fans know that Fowler was simply re-enacting a Cameroonian grass eating celebration as taught to him by Rigobert Song!

Advertisement