Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happens next?

Options
  • 03-01-2017 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I hope someone can shed some light onto the following:

- taken a policy lately, paid in full
    - need to send documentation now

Problem, I am still waiting on the documents from previous insurance (name driver experience letter), and the deadline is approaching fast (5th of Jan).

Should the document not be received, what happens then? I understand the policy will be canceled, however, will that be a "refusal" affecting my ability to get insurance in the future?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Nuw wrote: »
    Hi All,

I hope someone can shed some light onto the following:

- taken a policy lately, paid in full
    - need to send documentation now

Problem, I am still waiting on the documents from previous insurance (name driver experience letter), and the deadline is approaching fast (5th of Jan).

Should the document not be received, what happens then? I understand the policy will be canceled, however, will that be a "refusal" affecting my ability to get insurance in the future?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Nuw

Thanks for that, any advise on how to handle the situation then? I've contacted previous insurance (broker) and they told me it has been processed and they should receive the letter soon, but they can't speed things up as it is not within their hands but with underwriter...

Any idea if it will be really problematic to get insurance should this policy be canceled for that reason?

I did forward them every piece of information already in my possession including copy of certificate of insurance on which my name is mentioned (which in my eyes, should be enough to prove I was a name driver on said policy, which was confirmed over the phone during purchase by the sales rep... but that's a different story). I'll contact them now, see what they say...

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

The broker has 5 days to request your required file from UWR, whom has 5 working days to get same back to Broker, who have working 5 days to get letter to u. This max 14-days from your 1st phonecall otherwise the not compliant with regulator. Your new insurer can allow max of 28-days from inception to receive all the outstanding documents (by chance did u read their T&C before u bought policy or did U skip that tab

That's useful info alright, thanks!

Yesterday, I phoned the broker (previous provider) to express the urgency of the matter and the very nice lady on the other end of the phone said she'd look into it. As my new provider doesn't request hard copy but pictures and/or scans sent by email (mind you, it's probably because they know me through other businesses), she called the underwriter there and then to explain the situation, 20 minutes later I had everything I needed in an email which I promptly forwarded to current insurer.

So if you encounter the same situation, don't hesitate to ask if an email is OK, as it takes a lot less time to get ;)

Anyway, thank you all for your advise, just glad everything worked out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement