Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roomba or equivalent?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 134 ✭✭Frank Castle

Bacchus wrote: »
    Does it (the Robovac 30C) find it's way back to the docking station automatically or do you have to dock it manually each evening after it's done its cycle?

automatically, sometimes it takes a strange route but always gets there of its own accord

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭thecivvie

automatically, sometimes it takes a strange route but always gets there of its own accord

I thought mine, Baba Yaga, was drunk today but got to the dock in the end

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Registered Users Posts: 68,678 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I've no carpets downstairs and no pets either - has anyone used the Braava or similar, and can it handle door saddles at all?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Downloaded/installed a Firmware update for the Roborock S50 earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Looking at the Roomba E5 and the Roborock S50. Both at the moment are around the €500.

Roomba doesn't have the mop function but would it be a better machine? Is it worth having the mop too? Majority of my floors are tile and a few rooms are laminate.

Roborock gets great reviews and seems to drop in price from time to time so not sure whether to buy the Roomba for 499 or hold off for the Roborock to drop in price.

Any opinions?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,825 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Jofspring wrote: »
    Looking at the Roomba E5 and the Roborock S50. Both at the moment are around the €500.

Roomba doesn't have the mop function but would it be a better machine? Is it worth having the mop too? Majority of my floors are tile and a few rooms are laminate.

Roborock gets great reviews and seems to drop in price from time to time so not sure whether to buy the Roomba for 499 or hold off for the Roborock to drop in price.

Any opinions?

Thanks.

The roborock can be gotten for around €350.
    I got mine from aliexpress before chinese new year for 330€ shipped from germany.
    here it is one for 357€ from Germany.

I quite like the mopping function. If the floor is heavily soiled it wont work but for every few days to refresh its good.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I really want the mopping function, more importantly I want hte mapping without the need for the tape on the floor. IF I get it from Germany will I avoid taxes?

Clareman wrote: »
    I really want the mopping function, more importantly I want hte mapping without the need for the tape on the floor. IF I get it from Germany will I avoid taxes?

Yeah no taxes from Germany and fast enough delivery time.

The roborock has zones you can create in the app so no need for any barrier tape or even closing doors.

I didnt think I would like the mopping function but am glad I got it now. Like i said its great for keeping floors clean but will struggle with tough sticky dirt.
    Since we got ours I would only do a manual mop on the floors once every two three weeks(Where as this would have been a weekly maybe twice weekly thing for me before roborock)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I don't think that link includes the mop bits and bobs, I'll keep an eye on it

I don't think that link includes the mop bits and bobs, I'll keep an eye on it

It does the standard version of the s50 comes with the mopping parts.
    You get the mopping attachment and two mop clothes and two spare water seal things.

The additional stuff sold is spare parts for the vacuum function which i bought seperatly but havent needed yet.
    The standard roborock s50 comes with two air filters and no other vacuum spare parts.

The spare vacuum parts set can be gotten from aliexpress for around 13/14€ from china(no tax on small values packages like that)

• Advertisement

Thanks for that, just ordered it now

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Shaunoc

that the EU version or UK version ?

EU version, didn't have the UK version, but I've loads of adapters at home so won't be a hassle (hopefully)

It's in Portloaise at the moment, hopefully I'll have it by the weekend, I've already decided to give it the same name as the mother in law

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

That German S50 is checking out at €457 for me on Ali Express. Am I missing something?

Don't know, I got mine for $399, which worked out at €361.46 on my credit card.

Nyd7lLb.png

It was delivered today by the way, I'm not in work to collect it but I'm really tempted to go in

Roen wrote: »
    That German S50 is checking out at €457 for me on Ali Express. Am I missing something?

Have a search around aliexpress. I see it bening dispatched from france spain poland and czech warehouses with various vendors when i search. at current time all around the 360€ mark with some of those vendors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Cheers. I did that early this morning. Found a Spanish shipping example with the spares kit for €375 shipped.
    Bought. Now to find a place for it to live.

Roen wrote: »
    Cheers. I did that early this morning. Found a Spanish shipping example with the spares kit for €375 shipped.
    Bought. Now to find a place for it to live.

The manual suggests an empty wall with a metre on either side.
    But I dont live in an empty warehouse so mine lives under my TV stand. To keep it sort of out of the way of little hands.

Shaunoc wrote: »
    that the EU version or UK version ?

It appears to me that the EU version just has the 2 prong cable which is seperate to the power supply so I just got a spare cable that I had and it works fine

u_10160653.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Moreilly

the vacuums look a bit mad when you use 'night vision' and can see the thing light up!! , here is my first gen Xiaomi docking & undocking and a view with the 'night vision turned on :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Installed a firmware update on the S50 last night. Check the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭BenAndJerry

I just found this thread the other day. I previously had an old Lidl or Aldi robot vacuum. I was sold by the discussion of the Roborock s5 and just ordered one....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭JMNolan

Installed a firmware update on the S50 last night. Check the app.

Anything new in that update?

JMNolan wrote: »
    Anything new in that update?

Don't think so, fixes by the looks of it.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1963580733664463

Feb 20th post.
    Many users inquire about the changelogs and firmware version. I have consulted the development team and create this post to update with the members.

As for the new users, we recommend you upgrade firmware to the latest version. At least upgrade your machine to the 3.3.9_001633 version since we add new features in this upgrade.

The latest firmware upgrade is 3.3.9_001720 (partly online).
    Which has fixed the problem that wifi abnormally close under certain conditions;
    Fix the problem of zone cleaning failure in some cases;
    Fix or optimize some other minor issues.
    I will add release notes in this post once the firmware upgrades.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Which one is better, Xiaomi or Eufy?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,295 ✭✭✭markpb

august12 wrote: »

I don't know anything about the Xiaomi but I bought the Eufy 11S a few months ago and couldn't fault it. No mapping, no WiFi, no app. Just a single button on top or a simple remote control. It meanders aimlessly around for two hours, does a great job and usually makes its way back home to the base tucked under a small table beside the sofa.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Moreilly

I've got the Xiaomi, couldn't fault it either, misses nothing. seems very intelligent in the way it moves around the house, zone cleanup is very handy and you can send it to clean a room / rooms at the far end of the house no problem and it will go straight there clean it and then come back to the dock, couldn't see how it would be any better, integrates nicely with google home as well, i stuck up a video of it a few posts up on this thread as well....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Xiaomi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭thecivvie

I have the Eufy 30C, Wifi, App and Remote. I cannot fault it. It does my cleaning and the floor is spotless after. With no mapping facility, it does tend to wander, but I have yet to find any dust on the floor from spots it may have missed. Highly recommend it and looking to get a second for upstairs

Join Ireland Weather Network

Advertisement