Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roomba or equivalent?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

alec76 wrote: »
    $499 I almost could bet on it ...For the first few months anyway..
    I don’t think it would climb the stairs too....
    I was actually wrong about it ... $599

http://s.aliexpress.com/rmuA7Ffy

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ctlsleh

Anybody got an opinion on the roborock S50....?
    Seems pretty good spec for the money....?

https://m.gearbest.com/robot-vacuum/pp_954639.html?lkid=12056599

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Shaunoc

ctlsleh wrote: »

have one - works great
    S6 out now/soon but much more expensive

Shaunoc wrote: »
    have one - works great
    S6 out now/soon but much more expensive

Is there a difference between the Xiaomi Mi and the Roborock? They look the same without the wet mopping which I probably wouldn’t use anyhow?

I have a large tiled and hardwood floor area and a lot of dog hair(golden retriever sheds a lot)

Any recommendations?

ctlsleh wrote:
    I have a large tiled and hardwood floor area and a lot of dog hair(golden retriever sheds a lot)

Golden retrievers are the reason we got s50. Collects their neverending hair well. Mop is average but I set the mop to our tiled area by zone and get it to repeat zone twice, does the trick. Floor gets manual mop from time to time.
    Anyway for retrievers, ticks the box

• Advertisement

Shaunoc wrote: »
    Golden retrievers are the reason we got s50. Collects their neverending hair well. Mop is average but I set the mop to our tiled area by zone and get it to repeat zone twice, does the trick. Floor gets manual mop from time to time.
    Anyway for retrievers, ticks the box

Sounds perfect.......do you mind if I ask how much and best place to buy?

I paid 360 from AliExpress. Link in previous posts on this thread. Others have done similar

Is there a difference between the Xiaomi Mi and the Roborock? They look the same without the wet mopping which I probably wouldn’t use anyhow?
    They both made by Roborock. Hardware parts almost identical, sharing same app Mi Home,but some software features are locked for the first robot though ( carpet mode,map saving mode ,abilities to avoid some rooms on the map during the scheduled cleaning)
    There is also a newer version,
    Xiaomi Mi 1S ( made by Roborock for Xiaomi ), software features similar to Roborock S6 ( ....Identifies rooms after cleaning. When it finishes the job, it automatically divides the map by rooms....you could set different power mode for each room during the scheduled cleaning after...), some tiny hardware improvements over the first version...
    If you don’t have many carpets, go for the very first version and safe some money I would say....
    Mopping mode ( s50/s60 )only a gimmick anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Any recommendations on dual vacuum and mop robots? Large enough area throughout the house to cover. Very hard to know if these things even work in your situation. 3 kids under 5 and cream tiles just don’t work well together for cleanliness!

Any recommendations on dual vacuum and mop robots?
    not sure if there is such a thing ... Most of them got only tiny water tank ( 100-200 ml ) surely it can’t replace mopping bucket.
    ps . Barely use my Roborock s50 for mopping

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Not sure is this a good price or bot but it's on special today. Eufy 30 £179.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07M8GDQ2R/

Have an S50 myself and find the mopping functionality fairly limited. Better than a kick in the hole but you're still going to want to get the mop out.

Edit. Also a Neato on special.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01KV1C1C2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_D7q4CbR8YEH4M

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

My first take on it after it arrived. https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108585756&postcount=264

I had to replace the fan recently a few weeks ago, after it started to sound strained and unhealthy (posted earlier in the thread). Apart from that, it's been good. I don't use the mop that much, tbh. Don't have a dog myself, but it's well able for the hair from my sister's Bernese after he's been over.

My first take on it after it arrived. https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108585756&postcount=264

I had to replace the fan recently a few weeks ago, after it started to sound strained and unhealthy (posted earlier in the thread). Apart from that, it's been good. I don't use the mop that much, tbh. Don't have a dog myself, but it's well able for the hair from my sister's Bernese after he's been over.

Just got my Roborock S50, works very well...... came with 3.3.9_1702 firmware, seems there’s a newer version 1720, however the upgrade fails.
    Has anyone else experienced that and is there a workaround or just stick to 1702?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I'm on 1720. Think the software was a little stubborn when I first got it the device...
    Is it telling you it's failing?

I'm on 1720. Think the software was a little stubborn when I first got it the device...
    Is it telling you it's failing?
    Yes, it’s telling it’s failing........I have it set for Ireland as location....have tried it multiple times now

Have you got decent WiFi coverage in there ? You might need to shift dock station to different corner.
    It is probably overcrowded servers anyway , try some other time .
    There is always FloleVac app, third part alternative to MiHome, you could flash any firmware with this one, including latest Chinese beta (v1856)

Have you got decent WiFi coverage in there ? You might need to shift dock station to different corner.
    It is probably overcrowded servers anyway , try some other time .
    There is always FloleVac app, third part alternative to MiHome, you could flash any firmware with this one, including latest Chinese beta (v1856)

Yes, I’ve got good WiFi, I’ll try that app. Is the v1856 stable? Any new features?

beta , not a stable release. 1768 would be the latest stable AFAIK

beta , not a stable release. 1768 would be the latest stable AFAIK

Thanks, will upgrade to that one

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Anyone got a Neato D3?

I've drawn out a few criteria for a robot vacuum:
    Google home integration
    Floor mapping / Ability to draw virtual lines
    Ideally home assistant integration too.

The D3 looks to tick these boxes, though I did see someone linked to a review stating that it requires, pretty regularly, a new filter and brush etc. $100+ yearly maintenance costs :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,043 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

I have one can’t fault it

You can clean filters and buy after market ones on amazon , great feature set

Anyone got a Neato D3?

I've drawn out a few criteria for a robot vacuum:
    Google home integration
    Floor mapping / Ability to draw virtual lines
    Ideally home assistant integration too.

The D3 looks to tick these boxes, though I did see someone linked to a review stating that it requires, pretty regularly, a new filter and brush etc. $100+ yearly maintenance costs :confused:

Roborock S50 also worth looking at.......I bought one recently, find it excellent

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Roborock S50 also worth looking at.......I bought one recently, find it excellent

How it is on hard floors? Thinking when we get one, it'll be downstairs only (all wood and tile)

I guess another criteria is price. Want to try keep it under €300 anyways.

How it is on hard floors? Thinking when we get one, it'll be downstairs only (all wood and tile)

I have all hardwood floors and tiles (and a golden retriever), I find it great and the missus loves it even more......I bought mine from AliExpress......€360, worth every penny

You might get a better deal on it now that the S6 is available.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭garion

I got mine just this week from Ali Express for about €350 delivered and I absolutely love it. Just let it loose on my entire downstairs of tiles, wooden floors, 1 carpeted bedroom and a couple of rugs and it flew around without any assistance. Even popped back to the dock to charge mid way through before finishing the job.
    Results attached.

Large blue square in middle of a rug with v thick pile that it couldn't get up on or move through. Had no problem with other normal rugs or door jams.

Going to set it loose on carpeted upstairs tomorrow.

So far I'm very impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Lidl have robot vacuum cleaner on sale again tomorrow. €120.

garion wrote:
    Large blue square in middle of a rug with v thick pile that it couldn't get up on or move through. Had no problem with other normal rugs or door jams.

Straighten that rug just a little...😀

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

Addle wrote: »
    Lidl have robot vacuum cleaner on sale again tomorrow. €120.

Is it any good?

Installed new firmware for the S50 yesterday. Now on 3.3.9_001768.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Did you get caught for duty?

garion wrote: »
    I got mine just this week from Ali Express for about €350 delivered and I absolutely love it. Just let it loose on my entire downstairs of tiles, wooden floors, 1 carpeted bedroom and a couple of rugs and it flew around without any assistance. Even popped back to the dock to charge mid way through before finishing the job.
    Results attached.

Going to set it loose on carpeted upstairs tomorrow.

So far I'm very impressed.

Advertisement