Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roomba or equivalent?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

tedpan wrote: »
    Yeah think they have that on all items these days.. Although they seem to be on the ball with Roborock deliveries..

On the two Roborock listings i quoted above from eGlobal, the cheaper one is listed as 24 hours dispatch. It isn't mentioned for the other, apparently identical, product.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,429 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Have you tried the roborock app, not sure what machine you have though.?
    alec76 wrote: »
    Works fine here. Try to reinstall /update the app.
    Shefwedfan wrote: »
    You need Xiaomi home

No joy here at all, s50. I've tried resetting the wifi through the apps a few times. It seems to find the device, however it leaves it greyed out and I can't do anything with it. The Roborock app never finds it, the Xiaomi home which I've used since the start does, but not like how it was originally. It's fully charged... I'm stumped.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

It arrived! Closest thing to a Christmas feeling I have had in years. :)

Set up on the roborock app in no time. I couldn't wait for it to charge fully so got it going asap now, it is back charging after doing half the apartment. We just rent in an apartment so the carpets are particularly crap, so still some bits of fluff stuck on the carpet but it did a great job tbh and I would say it will get those next few bits of fluff the next time. Delighted with it.

Do you have to leave the docking station plugged in the whole time? I presume it isn't a hazard? The cable I got with it was an EU cable, so I need to get an adapter for that. Using the xbox cable for the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Raoul wrote:
    Do you have to leave the docking station plugged in the whole time? I presume it isn't a hazard? The cable I got with it was an EU cable, so I need to get an adapter for that. Using the xbox cable for the moment.

Congrats! If the plug adapter wasn't in the roborock packaging, they'll send it separately by post. Enjoy!

Congrats! If the plug adapter wasn't in the roborock packaging, they'll send it separately by post. Enjoy!

Ah nice! It finished cleaning the apartment. Did a great job. Got caught on one surround sound speaker wire and disconnected it. My fault really as I was testing would it be able to somehow get past it without disrupting it.

I had to clean it afterwards, the amount of hair in it was disgusting! I knew our previous vacuum that we were using was crappy but my god. :o

Seems the cleaning of the robot itself is another big benefit, it is totally modular and easy to take apart to clean in just a few minutes.

• Advertisement

Raoul wrote:
    Seems the cleaning of the robot itself is another big benefit, it is totally modular and easy to take apart to clean in just a few minutes.

It's so we'll designed, couldn't believe the ends of the brush twist click off to allow really quick maintenance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

No joy here at all, s50. I've tried resetting the wifi through the apps a few times. It seems to find the device, however it leaves it greyed out and I can't do anything with it. The Roborock app never finds it, the Xiaomi home which I've used since the start does, but not like how it was originally. It's fully charged... I'm stumped.

Roborock app doesn’t support S50 model, only the newest ones ( s5 max etc)
    Xiaomi home should work though.
    I would delete the app , reset the device itself ( there is a pinhole for resetting ) and install it from the scratch.
    ps.Sometimes xiaomi’s smart devices very sensitive on what server they are connnected ( Europe, Mainland China etc ) some of them won’t work on Europe server if they not Global , but Chinese version)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

For the mopping feature on the S5 Max can you add floor cleaner to the water?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Wynner05

DeadSkin wrote: »
    For the mopping feature on the S5 Max can you add floor cleaner to the water?

I’ve been adding Zaflora disinfectant to my S5 Max, house smells great afterwards.
    Not sure on the implications but still works perfect after a couple of months, parts seem cheap online just in case.

Wynner05 wrote: »
    I’ve been adding Zaflora disinfectant to my S5 Max, house smells great afterwards.
    Not sure on the implications but still works perfect after a couple of months, parts seem cheap online just in case.

Cheers for that!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,429 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

alec76 wrote: »
    Roborock app doesn’t support S50 model, only the newest ones ( s5 max etc)
    Xiaomi home should work though.
    I would delete the app , reset the device itself ( there is a pinhole for resetting ) and install it from the scratch.
    ps.Sometimes xiaomi’s smart devices very sensitive on what server they are connnected ( Europe, Mainland China etc ) some of them won’t work on Europe server if they not Global , but Chinese version)

That did the trick, thank you! :)

Was able to grab a software update and she sounds a little different now. Only thing is, the centre clasp/button yolk on the bin is cracked, probably won't last much longer. Compared to other parts bins are harder to find, but it looks Amazon US and AliExpress have them.

Just got an email from DPD to say it will be delivered between 8-9pm tonight 

4 days! It feels like Christmas!

02.07.202018:18Drogheda (IE)

Out for delivery.

01.07.202019:06ATHLONE (IE)

In transit.

30.06.202017:07Oldbury (GB)

In transit.

29.06.202018:23Mechelen (BE)

In transit.

29.06.202006:07DPD data centre

Order information has been transmitted to DPD.

EDIT. This thing is class, buy one, my life has changed already!

Mine has now made it to Oldbury. Hopefully I might see it Monday. I should have ordered earlier this week!

druss wrote:
    Mine has now made it to Oldbury. Hopefully I might see it Monday. I should have ordered earlier this week!

There's always a chance of Saturday delivery, more than likely Monday.. Best purchase in years!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Raoul wrote: »
    Ah nice! It finished cleaning the apartment. Did a great job. Got caught on one surround sound speaker wire and disconnected it. My fault really as I was testing would it be able to somehow get past it without disrupting it.

I had to clean it afterwards, the amount of hair in it was disgusting! I knew our previous vacuum that we were using was crappy but my god. :o

The thing is that the Roborock will get to places like under couches or beds or presses that you'd normally never bother with, 1 pass under 1 of those and the bin will be full but that'll normal out after a few passes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Clareman wrote: »
    The thing is that the Roborock will get to places like under couches or beds or presses that you'd normally never bother with, 1 pass under 1 of those and the bin will be full but that'll normal out after a few passes
    Is it good for lots of dog hair and can you program to mop just a specific area.

august12 wrote: »
    Is it good for lots of dog hair and can you program to mop just a specific area.

Not sure about dog hair but picked up a lot of the wifes hair ha. Very handy to do a specific zone. Just pick a room in the app if you want a room. Or you can draw a little square on the map of your house and it will go there and do it.

It's arrived and is doing it's first run, although I'd imagine it will need a recharge break halfway through. The kitten is perplexed but staying brave for us all and keeping an eye on things.

druss wrote: »
    It's arrived and is doing it's first run, although I'd imagine it will need a recharge break halfway through. The kitten is perplexed but staying brave for us all and keeping an eye on things.

Did it take long to set up?

Is the first few runs for it to discover the layout of the house and then you can customize it i.e. assign/create rooms.

Thanks.

Is the first few runs for it to discover the layout of the house and then you can customize it i.e. assign/create rooms.

Thanks.

I found that just after one run, it had mapped out the house and then I was able to split it into different rooms and zones.

Thanks.

Very fast to set up. Plug in, download app, detect Roborock with app, job done.

It had 50% charge on arrival, so I let it loose straight away. It seemed to be slower in this first detection phase and it ran the battery down to around 20% before announcing it was going for a coffee break and back to dock. It had done around 30 m2.

I then remembered someone saying on thread that saved maps were not enabled in app by default, and sure enough they weren't. So I waited for a full recharge, changed the settings and then let it loose to build and store the map.

This time, it did the entire downstairs area of 75 m2 in 75 mins. It got caught twice with one awkward chair which has a swivel base. I blocked the base off with random stuff and will probably have to set that as a no-go zone.

Otherwise, very impressive and I can, and have sent it on random zone jobs since to test and clean up after grazing children.

• Advertisement

I have become obsessed with dust on the floors now. Constantly on the lookout for anything that I can set the Raoul V2.0 (as the wife calls it, the new and improved version) to clean up.

I have become obsessed with dust on the floors now. Constantly on the lookout for anything that I can set the Raoul V2.0 (as the wife calls it, the new and improved version) to clean up.

I concur. Our main vacuum cleaner is a tank of a yoke and I would generally try to come up with reasons as to why we shouldn't bother. Stuff tended to accumulate, until the grottiness level rose too high. We should definitely be neater now. And there is a greater focus on making sure that trip-up items are kept off the floor...

I found that just after one run, it had mapped out the house and then I was able to split it into different rooms and zones.
    Very fast to set up. Plug in, download app, detect Roborock with app, job done.

It had 50% charge on arrival, so I let it loose straight away. It seemed to be slower in this first detection phase and it ran the battery down to around 20% before announcing it was going for a coffee break and back to dock. It had done around 30 m2.

I then remembered someone saying on thread that saved maps were not enabled in app by default, and sure enough they weren't. So I waited for a full recharge, changed the settings and then let it loose to build and store the map.

This time, it did the entire downstairs area of 75 m2 in 75 mins. It got caught twice with one awkward chair which has a swivel base. I blocked the base off with random stuff and will probably have to set that as a no-go zone.

Otherwise, very impressive and I can, and have sent it on random zone jobs since to test and clean up after grazing children.

Thanks guys - taken a mental note about maps not being enabled by default :pac:

Will be looking to set it up for two floors also.

Thanks guys - taken a mental note about maps not being enabled by default :pac:

Will be looking to set it up for two floors also.

I can see that multifloor is an option, but I thought that meant you couldn't run schedules? I may have picked that up wrong.

If I can do both, I obviously want both, but otherwise maybe I should prioritise downstairs and scheduling.

Edit: I'll give it a blast. Sure it's lunch time in the home office now. :)

I can see that multifloor is an option, but I thought that meant you couldn't run schedules? I may have picked that up wrong.

If I can do both, I obviously want both, but otherwise maybe I should prioritise downstairs and scheduling.

Edit: I'll give it a blast. Sure it's lunch time in the home office now. :)

So it completed it's job upstairs, again with one hitch. Under one of the beds it found a thread from a mattress protector and proceeded to pull it out further and further, wrapping it completely round one of the wheels. My son watched this happen and enjoyed it so much that he didn't bother to tell me.

I noticed it was behaving weirdly on the phone and went up to inspect. Had to take the scissors to cut it loose again. But a good job overall and it didn't jump down the stairs.

Both maps stored. Thanks to all above for the product recommendation and advice.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

So it completed it's job upstairs, again with one hitch. Under one of the beds it found a thread from a mattress protector and proceeded to pull it out further and further, wrapping it completely round one of the wheels. My son watched this happen and enjoyed it so much that he didn't bother to tell me.

I noticed it was behaving weirdly on the phone and went up to inspect. Had to take the scissors to cut it loose again. But a good job overall and it didn't jump down the stairs.

Both maps stored. Thanks to all above for the product recommendation and advice.

If you look beside the dustbin there's a little brush with a hook on it, there's a blade in this hook that's very handy for getting rid of strings and stuff that's wrapped around the roller.

Clareman wrote:
    If you look beside the dustbin there's a little brush with a hook on it, there's a blade in this hook that's very handy for getting rid of strings and stuff that's wrapped around the roller.

The ends off the brush twist off on the S5 Max, it's an absolute lifesaver for hair etc.

The supplies just arrived. :) Got a bit excited after I ordered the machine!

Glad I bought from geekbuying. Definitely more expensive, but these are genuine Roborock parts.

I would have probably would have done the same :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

I currently have the Eufy Robovac L70 Hybrid and the Eufy Robovac G10 Hybrid sitting here unopened ready yo be moved to the new house.

Advertisement