Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roomba or equivalent?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭nigwerwig

JAMM222 wrote: »
    Ordered the s5 max from aliexpress on 11.11.11 from the warehouse in France.....no updates on tracking only to say it was dispatched on 11.11.11
    Did anyone who ordered on 11.11.11 receive theirs yet and if so was it delivered by an post or dpd and di you get a notification the day before?
    Thanks

I ordered one was meant to be here today with DPD get the text for the time etc but never showed up. I called and they rebooked it for tomorrow.
    I have ordered other stuff and it came with in post and the tracking number didn't work for a week until it landed in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭JAMM222

nigwerwig wrote: »
    I ordered one was meant to be here today with DPD get the text for the time etc but never showed up. I called and they rebooked it for tomorrow.
    I have ordered other stuff and it came with in post and the tracking number didn't work for a week until it landed in Ireland

Thanks @nigwerwig hopefully I'll get a text tomorrow from dpd.....this thing will be working overtime when I get it, 3 kids, house is a mess, constantly sweeping, hoping this is the magic bullet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭JAMM222

Dpd rang, looks like it will be delivered tomorrow or Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

got mine delivered from their CZ warehouse via dpd

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Argo foc yourself

I am currently looking for something that has a climb height of 1 inch. It needs to go from a tiled floor to a wooden floor. There is a sloped. saddle board that plateau at 1inch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

Most of the robots could go as high as 2 cm .
    1 inch probably would be out of the range.
    You migh check Dyson 360 robots , they might do it , but you'll pay well for them , probably enough to buy 2-3 Roborocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭nihicib2

We have a small extension being built, open plan downstairs, will be a separate granny flat type place, looking for a vacum that I can just use the app to go away itself and clean the place, will be tiled floors no rugs, not looking for anything high end as the place wont be used daily, budget between 100-250. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

I am currently looking for something that has a climb height of 1 inch. It needs to go from a tiled floor to a wooden floor. There is a sloped. saddle board that plateau at 1inch.

Knowing how beneficial they are to me I'd consider installing a low profile saddle

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭thebackbar

hello,

I'm looking for a recomendation for a robot hoover, I'm looking at the range of roomba robots.

I'm hoping to find one that i can schedule to hoover only our kitchen every day, and hoover all of the house twice a week. I'm finding it hard to distinguish which ones have this feature and which don't. I'm willing to spend circa 600 euros

thanks

thebackbar wrote: »
    hello,

I'm looking for a recomendation for a robot hoover, I'm looking at the range of roomba robots.

I'm hoping to find one that i can schedule to hoover only our kitchen every day, and hoover all of the house twice a week. I'm finding it hard to distinguish which ones have this feature and which don't. I'm willing to spend circa 600 euros

thanks

Robots are not as effective as regular hoover, they only 1/10 suction power of your hoover . In order to keep house clean they have to do it once a day or even twice .
    Twice a week won’t do the trick I am afraid.
    ps. Not sure for Roomba , but you could schedule to hoover specific rooms with Roborock.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

The robots are great to keep everything tidy but it won't keep the house clean if that makes sense? When you have the robot you get into the habit of keeping stuff off the ground. We have the Roborock S5, it goes off about twice a day I'd say, once when the kids go to school and again after lunch. We'd vacuum the house maybe once a week as well, but we've wood flooring so the steamer once a week normally does the job that we need.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

thebackbar wrote: »
    hello,

thanks
    Just checked the Roborock app and it doesn't seem to have that feature. You can manually tell it to do 1+ rooms but scheduler doesn't seem to let you split by room. TBH I just tell it to run manually every day and decide which rooms and when based on convenience at the time.

Edit. You can do it in the Roborock app if you aren't using Multifloor

xckjoo wrote: »
    Just checked the Roborock app and it doesn't seem to have that feature. You can manually tell it to do 1+ rooms but scheduler doesn't seem to let you split by room. TBH I just tell it to run manually every day and decide which rooms and when based on convenience at the time.
    Could be the old firmware or Multifloor function enabled, otherwise it is under the Timer tab.

alec76 wrote: »
    Could be the old firmware or Multifloor function enabled, otherwise it is under the Timer tab.
    I haven't updated to the most recent firmware alright cause I'm hoping there'll be a hack for it soon but would have thought that kind of thing would be app specific. I've Multifloor enabled but don't have a Timer tab, just Schedules under the Settings. Are you using the Roborock or MiHome app?

Mi Home , but there is no huge difference AFAIK.
    Multifloor function won't let you set schedule for the specific room, it has to be disabled.

alec76 wrote: »
    Mi Home , but there is no huge difference AFAIK.
    Multifloor function won't let you set schedule for the specific room, it has to be disabled.
    Ah that's the difference so. I disabled Multifloor and the option appeared. Good to know. Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,396 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Bet they hold secret meetings when you're not there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Bet they hold secret meetings when you're not there.

Thats okay, once they don't unionise!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭downtheroad

Looking at a Eufy 15C Max myself. I presume you're happy with it if you've ordered a second one. We have a dog that sheds a fair amount, should the 15C be able to cope with that? Obviously will set it to work when the dog is outside, otherwise I can't see it lasting too long!
    Bluefoam wrote: »

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Looking at a Eufy 15C Max myself. I presume you're happy with it if you've ordered a second one. We have a dog that sheds a fair amount, should the 15C be able to cope with that? Obviously will set it to work when the dog is outside, otherwise I can't see it lasting too long!

Yeh, it's a great thing. I keep it on standard power. It has two levels above that, but standard does fine for me. I have three different dogs that visit regularly.

My brother has the 30C Max, with a dog in the house and it manages the hair perfectly.

But be aware, with any robot, you'll still need to take out the big hoover occasionally.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,396 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Thanks Bluefoam, just ordered the Eufy 15C Max as a Christmas present - my first bit of seasonal shopping. Haven't bought anything online in a while, must tip the local postman all the same. I've an S50 the past 2 years myself, but I didn't see the S5 Max dropping to the low €300 mark, the codes on Aliexpress on my phone felt clickbaity and were not available in my region, apparently. France, EU and one other - can't recall. Don't know Eufy, but am not worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭downtheroad

Thanks Bluefoam, also ordered. Not expecting it to replace the regular vacuum but if it can deal with some of the dog hair then I look forward to it arriving already!

I have a question about Amazon's pricing, when the vacum is for sale its 179.99 sterling but when when I go to checkout its 181.49, I know its only a few pound but Id rather have it in my pocket than in Amazon's, any ideas what is going on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

nihicib2 wrote: »
    I have a question about Amazon's pricing, when the vacum is for sale its 179.99 sterling but when when I go to checkout its 181.49, I know its only a few pound but Id rather have it in my pocket than in Amazon's, any ideas what is going on ?
    I think it's our vat difference, they charge Irish vat rate.

august12 wrote: »
    I think it's our vat difference, they charge Irish vat rate.

Ah grand thanks, always wondered why it was added on:confused::)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Raoul

Clareman wrote: »
    The robots are great to keep everything tidy but it won't keep the house clean if that makes sense? When you have the robot you get into the habit of keeping stuff off the ground. We have the Roborock S5, it goes off about twice a day I'd say, once when the kids go to school and again after lunch. We'd vacuum the house maybe once a week as well, but we've wood flooring so the steamer once a week normally does the job that we need.

Your robot vacuums twice a day? And you hoover once a week?

If you came to my place, you would probably think it is filthy :o. The robot goes around twice a weeks everywhere. I do the kitchen most days. And mop with the robot once week. Obviously, sometimes that isn't enough and a spot clean is required. Other than that, every few weeks, I give the corners of the floors a wipe.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Raoul wrote: »
    Your robot vacuums twice a day? And you hoover once a week?

If you came to my place, you would probably think it is filthy :o. The robot goes around twice a weeks everywhere. I do the kitchen most days. And mop with the robot once week. Obviously, sometimes that isn't enough and a spot clean is required. Other than that, every few weeks, I give the corners of the floors a wipe.

Mrs. Clareman is a bit of a clean freak to be honest, the floors are steam cleaned weekly as well as the rest of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Clareman wrote: »
    Mrs. Clareman is a bit of a clean freak to be honest, the floors are steam cleaned weekly as well as the rest of it.

I send the wee fella out once a day too, when I'm asleep. Might as well, I don't see a reason not to.
    Just a reminder to set up no go zones for your christmas tree when you out it up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

Hi all, looking to order S5 max from Aliexpress. Delivered from Poland via Cainiao warehouse experess shipping for 332e. Who are these Cainiao warehouse experess? Never heard about them? Are they reliable?

Advertisement