Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roomba or equivalent?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭dazzday

Recommendations for any robot- have a £100 voucher so looking to buy from amazon

Prob 300 budget but may go higher if have I to
    Wood floors and tiles (no rug/carpets)
    Must be good at picking up do hairs (short haired labrador)
    Alexa (echo) or Google (shield) compatible would be a nice to have

• Registered Users Posts: 7,670 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

dazzday wrote: »
    Recommendations for any robot- have a £100 voucher so looking to buy from amazon

Prob 300 budget but may go higher if have I to
    Wood floors and tiles (no rug/carpets)
    Must be good at picking up do hairs (short haired labrador)
    Alexa (echo) or Google (shield) compatible would be a nice to have

I can recommend a Eufy Robovac. I have two, bought one for my mother & my brother has one... all doing a great job & dogs everywhere... picks up the hair no bother.

Bluefoam wrote: »
    I can recommend a Eufy Robovac. I have two, bought one for my mother & my brother has one... all doing a great job & dogs everywhere... picks up the hair no bother.

Good to hear!

Any advice between the below at difference price points:

30C £159
    30C Max £209
    15C max £209
    G30 £229

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Good to hear!

30C £159
    30C Max £209
    15C max £209
    G30 £229

The max has a 2,000Pa suction vs. 1,500 the non-max. The G30 has automatic mapping vs needing to put down strips for the others. I think the difference between the 15c and 30c is the size of the dust container

Good to hear!

30C £159
    30C Max £209
    15C max £209
    G30 £229

Do all of these return back to their base to charge?

• Advertisement

Do all of these return back to their base to charge?

I belive so - either via remote or app

Leaning towards the G30 but just wondering if its worth a £70 premium over the 30C for my needs

Will I just bought the 30c ....
    Having bought a robomower last year I'm convinced by the robot revolution!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭scarepanda

We have a eufy robovac, I can't remember which model off the top of my head at the moment, but one of the ones with the magnetic strips. We absolutely love it. We have two kids and two huskys and it's well able to handle all their mess! The dog hair was a massive one for me and there's no issue at all. The rollers need to be dehaired every few days, depending on if the dogs are shedding or not but it takes all of 2 minutes to do so it's no hassle to do when your emptying the bins. We have tiles/wood downstairs and carpet upstairs.

My mam was always anti robot tech who loves the sweeping brush and even she's a covert with us having gotten her one for Christmas so that says it all really :D

I belive so - either via remote or app

Leaning towards the G30 but just wondering if its worth a £70 premium over the 30C for my needs

I have friends with kids and big houses who swear by the mapping function... The €70 was well worth it for them

I don't need it. I have the 15c max, it's great. My brother has the 30c max, it's added function is the magnetic strips, it's great. My mum has the 30c with slightly less power, but with magnetic stripe... It's great.

Can't go wrong with any of the above. They all come with apps for setting preferences and timers. They have other models without app, but not included in your list above.

Gone for the G30 - extra power and mapping function seem to be better future proof then the 30C.

Will give some feedback here once i get it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭ablelocks

g30 is down to £229 on amazon - ltd time deal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Gone for the G30 - extra power and mapping function seem to be better future proof then the 30C.

Will give some feedback here once i get it!
    Does it have a mapping function??
    I dont think it has support for no go zones or invisible boundaries like most "Mapping" robot vacs

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭sumo12

I have 2 Eufy 30c's and they are great, regular cleaning and maintenance aside, you can just leave them to it. 1.5hrs run time and then they head off back under the sofa or under the bed to recharge. Highly recommend

Got my eufy 30c yesterday.
    All set up for its first day alone today.
    There was a large yellow sticker on it pointing to the power button that needed to be removed and it was absolutely welded to the unit.
    took 20minutes to get it off and it almost looks like the glue melted to the unit .

I did some testing last night and it doesn't seem to set off the hall Alarm PIR but time will tell.

edit -just got an alert from the house alarm, it set off the hall PIR.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭sumo12

Got my eufy 30c yesterday.
    All set up for its first day alone today.
    There was a large yellow sticker on it pointing to the power button that needed to be removed and it was absolutely welded to the unit.
    took 20minutes to get it off and it almost looks like the glue melted to the unit .

I did some testing last night and it doesn't seem to set off the hall Alarm PIR but time will tell.

edit -just got an alert from the house alarm, it set off the hall PIR.

Depends on the alarm and sensitivity of course, but mine rarely sets it off. Once a month maybe

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

My alarm, not that I use it that often, has a pet feature which when I use it doesn't set off the alarm when the vacuum is going.

Mine has never set off the alarm, upstairs or downstairs

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Captain Don Thorpe

Are the spare parts (filter, side brush and roller) for the roborock S5 the same as for the S5 max, s6 etc.? Aliexpress listings all seem to suggest they are interchangeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭murt101

Just got the eufy G30 and it's a great job, very happy with it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Def_IRL

Eufy L70 Hybrid €370.28 via amazon.it

Currently €499 minus a current Amazon €150 promo discount offer + delivery to Dublin €16.19.

Articles:. EUR 504.09
    Shipping cost: EUR 16.19
    Promotional discount:
    - EUR 150.00
    Total order:
    EUR 370.28

https://www.amazon.it/gp/aw/d/B07SQX58WV/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A2PGPJL0BBLHLX&psc=1

Same offer on tbe .Fr and .de sites offering a €50 or €100 promo discount.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭SocialSpud

Do people think the auto emptying bin in these robot vacuums is worth the extra cash?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

SocialSpud wrote: »
    Do people think the auto emptying bin in these robot vacuums is worth the extra cash?
    I've yet to see one that doesn't empty into a re useable bag or just a plastic compartment. It would wreck my head having to buy bags for the thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭SocialSpud

seannash wrote: »
    I've yet to see one that doesn't empty into a re useable bag or just a plastic compartment. It would wreck my head having to buy bags for the thing.

I believe one of the Shark ones don't use bags.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭higster

For those that got the S5 max from Aliexpress was there an option for an UK plug? If got EU plug did you just use an adaptor? Its now just but only option is EU plug.

Any other options out there for purchasing (expect amazon). Geekbuying are out of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Much like higster above, also on the hunt for the S5 Roborock Max as well - Aliexpress still the best source?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Any one having issues with the S5Max recently? It just seems to randomly stall and slow down in various places and spin around as if it's lost!!

See attached for one example. It should just be a series of basically parallel lines up/down.

There is a table bottom centre, but a lot of odd behaviour since the last firmware update.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭derekbro

I don't have the s5 max but had something like this happen on the original xiaomi vacuum, it was because of dirt on the sensor, once i cleaned it it worked fine again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Went ahead and ordered from AliExpress on Monday, shipping via Belgium. Came in at €370 after a 40 quid voucher was taken off. I imagine it's a bit more expensive than if i'd ordered earlier in the year with the VAT changes.

Received notification that it's in 'Ireland' already ! Excited for this, I'd assumed all Ali orders would take forever!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I keep getting notifications from this thread and can't unsubscribe 😂

I think it's because I was the OP on it?!?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,174 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Look at your notification settings. You can de-select stuff there. https://www.boards.ie/profile/preferences

Watched the Vacuum Wars video t'other day of the S7 with a self-empty yolk. Happy enough with the S5.

Advertisement