Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roomba or equivalent?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Nope random . Seems to work well though. Although i have it on a scheduele so dont watch it . It runs at night . Or while im at work. Just come back to find the bin quite full and empty it . . Never noticed it missing spots.

Sister said the same when she got it. Driving her mad. Problem was solved by just not watching it :-P

I dont think it missed spots, I just hated the randomness of it :p

With the Xioami I get a nice little maps with the lines which the hoover went...all is good for my systematic brain once I see that

I have worked too long in IT....hate randomness :p

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭vjmcdonnell

Got it on amazon uk. They dont ship to ireland but i used addresspal .

I can only see the 11c at 270 stg, checked Camel Camel and dont see it dropped below this price. Lowest was 250 stg :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

I can only see the 11c at 270 stg, checked Camel Camel and dont see it dropped below this price. Lowest was 250 stg :confused:

250 was around what i paid for it . think it was the week they first launched the 11c

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭Panrich

Hi, Since getting our golden retriever, we cannot keep up with the dog hair as it gets everywhere. Can any of these go under sofas that have a skirt? I have looked online and can't seem to find any video or review that says they do. I have one of these gimmicky Viledas that does but all that does now since the dog started shedding is move the dog hair around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Panrich wrote: »
    Hi, Since getting our golden retriever, we cannot keep up with the dog hair as it gets everywhere. Can any of these go under sofas that have a skirt? I have looked online and can't seem to find any video or review that says they do. I have one of these gimmicky Viledas that does but all that does now since the dog started shedding is move the dog hair around.

yes mine does, i had a Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum, but it has been sent back due to it not connecting to the app, another one has been shipped.
    But mine always went through curtains, it needs to hit something hard to make it reverse. It also depends of course of the height of under your sofa.

My vacuum collected about 70% of pet hair. It does leave hair behind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,010 ✭✭✭bren2001

https://www.gearbest.com/robot-vacuum/pp_009816316347.html?wid=1349303

Is gearbest still the best place to order the Xiaomi? and I go for standard shipping with Priority Line in order to avoid customs?

bren2001 wrote: »

Is gearbest still the best place to order the Xiaomi? and I go for standard shipping with Priority Line in order to avoid customs?

I got mine from gear-best and avoided customs.

I had to send my vacuum back at a cost of 70 euros. But yesterday I received another vacuum and it connected after a few attempts and now its working perfectly.
    They refunded my 70 euros by way of putting the amount into my gearbest wallet. I dont think they'd refund your credit card, I didnt ask.
    I was happy enough with the outcome because I buy ****e there all the time. The whole process took about 4 months though.

For anyone that has the xiaomi vaccum. It is now compatible with google home. You can use it with the following commands for google home.

Say "Ok Google" or "Hey Google," then..Start vacuum

"Start the [vacuum name]"

"Start vacuuming"

"Is the [vacuum name] running?"

Stop vacuum

"Stop the [vacuum name]"

"Stop vacuuming"

Pause vacuum

"Pause the [vacuum name]"

Dock

"Dock the [vacuum name]"

"Send the [vacuum name] home"

Charge the [vacuum name]"

Is the [vacuum name] charging?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Can this get over little bumps in the door jambs?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,673 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

whats the xiaomi like on wooden floors? our ground floor is all wooden and theres always dust and bits on it from the kids eating, im forever sweeping!

would this look after that and not scratch it?

• Advertisement

lordgoat wrote: »

Yes, watch these videos and it will give u an idea of what it can get over.

Cyrus wrote: »
    whats the xiaomi like on wooden floors? our ground floor is all wooden and theres always dust and bits on it from the kids eating, im forever sweeping!

would this look after that and not scratch it?

I dont have a wooden floor, but I doubt it would scratch your floor, it runs on 3 plastic wheels. The suction is good and it cleans my tiled floor very well. The corners maybe not so well, but definitely the edges it does well.

There is a load of you tube vids out there on the vacuum to make your judgement.

Things I like about it, you can assign an individual room to clean or you can assign the whole house for it to clean. You can control it via the app or you can have it starting on a timed basis, such as every tues and thur at 10am.
    Its not a gimmick, as I've bought a tonne of them, this does keep your house clean. It may not get every bit of dirt on the 1st and 2nd run but after a week or two your floors will be spotless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

For anyone that has the xiaomi vaccum. It is now compatible with google home. You can use it with the following commands for google home.

Say "Ok Google" or "Hey Google," then..Start vacuum

"Start the [vacuum name]"

"Start vacuuming"

"Is the [vacuum name] running?"

Stop vacuum

"Stop the [vacuum name]"

"Stop vacuuming"

Pause vacuum

"Pause the [vacuum name]"

Dock

"Dock the [vacuum name]"

"Send the [vacuum name] home"

Charge the [vacuum name]"

Is the [vacuum name] charging?

Do you have to have your account set to any particular region for this to work? Tried Europe, China and Singapore with no success

givecredit wrote: »
    Do you have to have your account set to any particular region for this to work? Tried Europe, China and Singapore with no success

Ive mainland china.

It works fine for me.

What doesnt work? it doesnt link?

Ive mainland china.

It works fine for me.

What doesnt work? it doesnt link?

Ok. Account linked fine. I've same set up except I was using 3 party Google device. Jbl20. I'll try on Google home later. Thanks. It was telling me power function not supported

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

Yup, should be no problem.

In an apartment I lived before, there was a tiles-to-wood transition with a metal cover. Height difference between the two was at 1-1.5cm so sometimes the Xiaomi would slip trying to get over it. But it would simply reverse and try a different angle and 95% of the time get over it on the 2nd attempt.

The xiaomi is simply a fantastic machine. So good I bought a second for upstairs.

My 2: year old romba 650 which cost same price as 2 xiaomi is now sitting in my bath retired.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

givecredit wrote: »
    My 2: year old romba 650 which cost same price as 2 xiaomi is now sitting in my bath retired.

Did you euthanise it?

Blacktie. wrote: »
    Did you euthanise it?

Should hang it and pluck it. It was a headless chicken from day one.
    Not one of my better purchases.

Yes but how big is the bump

• Advertisement

Shefwedfan wrote: »

I'd say clue is in the question.

Shefwedfan wrote: »

Less than 1 inch it will be fine, more than that it will struggle.

Ive a transition from tiles to carpet that is a wooden ramp somewhat like this pic, it cannot get over it.

I solved this by buying these and they stop the vacuum from going over the boudaries, I then put in a small discrete ramp and it uses that to go from tiles to carpet and vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭embraer170

Bought a Xiaomi S50 and am thrilled with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭badbeatcentral

Hey guys, bought a Xiaomi Vacuum v1 and am delighted with it. One question;

I'm wondering if it's possible to set a no-go zone on the vacuum using the app? I've a large shag rug in the living room which the robot always struggles with, so i'd like it to just ignore that area so it doesn't get stuck.

I've been working around it with the 'Zoned Cleanup' but my place isn't shaped in a way that a zoned cleanup is easy to do by room so would like it to just stay away from the rug if that's possible?

Hey guys, bought a Xiaomi Vacuum v1 and am delighted with it. One question;

I'm wondering if it's possible to set a no-go zone on the vacuum using the app? I've a large shag rug in the living room which the robot always struggles with, so i'd like it to just ignore that area so it doesn't get stuck.

I've been working around it with the 'Zoned Cleanup' but my place isn't shaped in a way that a zoned cleanup is easy to do by room so would like it to just stay away from the rug if that's possible?

The have a barrier wall you can put under rug. You will probably need 3 of them. About 10 each. It's basically a black thick tape that you put under rug
    Google mi invisible wall

• Registered Users Posts: 19,673 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

how long does it take to get one from gearbest normally?

Month. Can be faster or slower

Buy this, u will get it in 3 or 4 days. it works for my xioami vacuum.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07BFQHYYG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

Hi guys,

I'm on the look out for a robot vacuum at the moment, just wondering what are the best options at the moment for a budget of ~ €300.

I'm not sure if I really need Google Assistant integration, I think it's a nice to have but not sure I'd ever really need it.

I've shortlisted it to the Eufy 11C and perhaps a Roomba at that price point but not sure what else is out there.

It's going to be primarily used downstairs which is a mix of tiles and laminate floor throughout so no carpet.

I would rather something that didn't go in a random pattern, which I know the Eufy does but this isn't a deal breaker at the price point I guess.

Are the Xiaomi models any good? I'd prefer to be able to buy something off Amazon to be honest but if it's worth it, I may investigate further.

Any other models to look out for?

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

Don't get me wrong @OREGATO, but all your questions (plus more), is answered in the last couple of pages :)

Advertisement