Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roomba or equivalent?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

OREGATO wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm on the look out for a robot vacuum at the moment, just wondering what are the best options at the moment for a budget of ~ €300.

I'm not sure if I really need Google Assistant integration, I think it's a nice to have but not sure I'd ever really need it.

I've shortlisted it to the Eufy 11C and perhaps a Roomba at that price point but not sure what else is out there.

It's going to be primarily used downstairs which is a mix of tiles and laminate floor throughout so no carpet.

I would rather something that didn't go in a random pattern, which I know the Eufy does but this isn't a deal breaker at the price point I guess.

Are the Xiaomi models any good? I'd prefer to be able to buy something off Amazon to be honest but if it's worth it, I may investigate further.

Any other models to look out for?

Thanks in advance.

Look at you tube reviews, there are some good ones, this one I think is particularly good. But theres alot more reviews on youtube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

THe Roomba are been sold off by Amazon at the moment.....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,672 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Ok, im ready to buy, would you go for the latest version of the Xiaomi robot vaccum at £332 delivered (EU warehouse from ebay) or Eufy 11c at £260 (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Eufy-RoboVac-Cleaning-Schedule-Self-Docking/dp/B0769G8BC2/ref=sr_1_6?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1531382360&sr=1-6&keywords=robot+vacuum&refinements=p_36%3A20000-33500) or the neato d301 for £260 amazon warehouse ( https://www.amazon.co.uk/Neato-Robotics-Connected-Self-Charging-Allergies/dp/B01KV1C1C2/ref=sr_1_1?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1531382942&sr=1-1&keywords=d301)

this is to cover a ground floor mostly wooden with some rugs say 800 sq feet.

Cyrus wrote: »
    Ok, im ready to buy, would you go for the latest version of the Xiaomi robot vaccum at £332 delivered (EU warehouse from ebay) or Eufy 11c at £260 (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Eufy-RoboVac-Cleaning-Schedule-Self-Docking/dp/B0769G8BC2/ref=sr_1_6?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1531382360&sr=1-6&keywords=robot+vacuum&refinements=p_36%3A20000-33500) or the neato d301 for £260 amazon warehouse ( https://www.amazon.co.uk/Neato-Robotics-Connected-Self-Charging-Allergies/dp/B01KV1C1C2/ref=sr_1_1?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1531382942&sr=1-1&keywords=d301)

this is to cover a ground floor mostly wooden with some rugs say 800 sq feet.

The NEato is amazng value at the moment. I woud buy one only the wife would kill me with the Xiaomi installed

• Registered Users Posts: 19,672 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    The NEato is amazng value at the moment. I woud buy one only the wife would kill me with the Xiaomi installed

so you think the neato is better? than the xiaomi?

• Advertisement

Cyrus wrote: »

so you think the neato is better? than the xiaomi?

Both are similar, I went with xiaomi due to price, if Neato was cheaper I would have gone with it, the integration into echo would be brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

givecredit wrote: »
    Ok. Account linked fine. I've same set up except I was using 3 party Google device. Jbl20. I'll try on Google home later. Thanks. It was telling me power function not supported

Did you manage to get the Xiaomi Vacuum working with google home?. Read on another site that only version 1 of the vacuum is meant to be working with google home.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

OREGATO wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm on the look out for a robot vacuum at the moment, just wondering what are the best options at the moment for a budget of ~ €300.

I'm not sure if I really need Google Assistant integration, I think it's a nice to have but not sure I'd ever really need it.

I've shortlisted it to the Eufy 11C and perhaps a Roomba at that price point but not sure what else is out there.

It's going to be primarily used downstairs which is a mix of tiles and laminate floor throughout so no carpet.

I would rather something that didn't go in a random pattern, which I know the Eufy does but this isn't a deal breaker at the price point I guess.

Are the Xiaomi models any good? I'd prefer to be able to buy something off Amazon to be honest but if it's worth it, I may investigate further.

Any other models to look out for?

Thanks in advance.

Just thought I'd update, managed to get the Eufy 11C off Amazon on Prime Day for £179, down from £259. Was a toss up between this and the Roomba 671 which was down to £249 but couldn't find enough information on the 671 to take a punt on it.

It's currently sitting in my neighbours porch as we weren't home to take delivery. Will report back once we have it set up and working.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Anyone know best price on Xiaomi vacuum second gen. At the moment ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

yabadabado wrote: »
    Anyone know best price on Xiaomi vacuum second gen. At the moment ?

Cheapest I could find was here

https://www.tomtop.com/p-y7920.html

Ordered last weekend and arrived today. Says shipped from Germany so no import duty (UPS label shows a Polish address though). Was worried at first as the order was listed as on hold but changed to dispatched yesterday.

If you apply the 5% off coupon it won't give you the cheaper €378 price. Took some headbanging to realise why it showed up dearer at checkout.

Edit: Nice to see Google home works with it after reading it only worked with 1st generation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Had a look at Gearbest it's €25 cheaper but from China probably worth going with TomTom to avoid customs and get it quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭embraer170

I am having some problems with my second gen Xiaomi robot (S50).
    The robot worked fine for the first few weeks but now just skips parts of the room. It sees the room parts on the map but just finishes the cleaning without going over them (no obstacles in the way). This is also random, and the forgotten parts change every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

embraer170 wrote: »
    I am having some problems with my second gen Xiaomi robot (S50).
    The robot worked fine for the first few weeks but now just skips parts of the room. It sees the room parts on the map but just finishes the cleaning without going over them (no obstacles in the way). This is also random, and the forgotten parts change every time.

try a factory reset?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,204 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Been reading up on this recently, mild curiosity. I watched a video of the Dyson 360 vs a Roomba 980 (iirc) and the former didn't seem to do too well, by comparison. Not that I could justify that sort of money, tbh. Currently have a Dyson V6 trigger, it was 175 in Argos a few years ago, possibly a pricing error and the main reason I went for it. Use it for small jobs and a Hoover cordless something or other which was in Bargain Alerts a while back on boards.

What's the main difference between the Roomba models anyway - e.g. the various 6XX series? Curious about the Xiaomi as well. Pretty big too, when sat on a desk in front of someone in videos...

Downstairs is wooden floors, upstairs is carpet. Probably can't expect it to do upstairs with risk of falling and the base wouldn't be kept up there anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭Panrich

I have this one since June and I couldn't be without it now.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Eufy-RoboVac-Cleaning-Schedule-Self-Docking/dp/B0769G8BC2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1538047632&sr=8-3&keywords=eufy

The mat at the front door is a magnet for our golden retriever and his hair so having this going round once a day always means a clean mat when callers come to the door.
    It picks up a LOT of dust and debris even on a clean looking floor. I'm always amazed when emptying the bin at what I find in there.
    The 7 day schedule means that you can set it for different times each day and that is good for weekends or days that you might be doing something that requires a change.

That said, it's not perfect.

It is not smart in the sense of the Roombas or the Xiaomi. It can sometimes seem to stumble around in a corner but it does seem to find it's own way out eventually.
    It also has a tendency to get stuck under our couch as it's just the right height to get itself wedged under. On the plus side, it does send me an alert and I can also stop/start cleaning using voice commands via Alexa (used this about twice).

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

Panrich wrote: »
    I have this one since June and I couldn't be without it now.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Eufy-RoboVac-Cleaning-Schedule-Self-Docking/dp/B0769G8BC2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1538047632&sr=8-3&keywords=eufy

The mat at the front door is a magnet for our golden retriever and his hair so having this going round once a day always means a clean mat when callers come to the door.
    It picks up a LOT of dust and debris even on a clean looking floor. I'm always amazed when emptying the bin at what I find in there.
    The 7 day schedule means that you can set it for different times each day and that is good for weekends or days that you might be doing something that requires a change.

That said, it's not perfect.

It is not smart in the sense of the Roombas or the Xiaomi. It can sometimes seem to stumble around in a corner but it does seem to find it's own way out eventually.
    It also has a tendency to get stuck under our couch as it's just the right height to get itself wedged under. On the plus side, it does send me an alert and I can also stop/start cleaning using voice commands via Alexa (used this about twice).
    In the market now for the robo vac - had the eufy 11c ordered but cancelled seeing the price was around 200 GBP (260 now) so can wait a bit. Would prefer the Neato D5 but price is around 450gbp and remember seeing it at 250 mark back in March (but was completely skint at the time. Added Xiaomi to the watch list now.

I gather the floor mapping option is really handy?

og2k7 wrote: »
    In the market now for the robo vac - had the eufy 11c ordered but cancelled seeing the price was around 200 GBP (260 now) so can wait a bit. Would prefer the Neato D5 but price is around 450gbp and remember seeing it at 250 mark back in March (but was completely skint at the time. Added Xiaomi to the watch list now.

I gather the floor mapping option is really handy?

Neato Robotics Botvac DC02 was down to 243 quid

Neato Robotics Botvac D301 was down to 200 quid

Both on Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

28/09/2018 for both....it came from camel as 3rd party

That second one was used so not sure if I would be buying a used vacuum just as know what happens to mine when its used LOL

Ordered Xiaomi Robo-something 2- Yet to be dispatched but worked out 348 plus 10 quid for spares. According to the reviews supposed to be at the Neato D7 level so highest spec

• Advertisement

Question, mine is asking me to replace a few bits...side brush etc....is Gearbest the only location to buy? Thanks

og2k7 wrote: »
    That second one was used so not sure if I would be buying a used vacuum just as know what happens to mine when its used LOL

Ordered Xiaomi Robo-something 2- Yet to be dispatched but worked out 348 plus 10 quid for spares. According to the reviews supposed to be at the Neato D7 level so highest spec

Thats the one with mop on it....would love to know how it gets on, really I would love a good mop to clean up after the hoover

Thats the one with mop on it....would love to know how it gets on, really I would love a good mop to clean up after the hoover

Yup - thats the one: will post a review once I get it in. So far heard only good things but need to test it myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

I ordered the regular one and they sent me the mop one! It's awesome! We have wooden floors and tiles throughout. The only issue I have is on our really high gloss tiles - it leaves a streak on those. But on all the other tiles and the wood it's super. Really can't fault it - we bought it in July after moving into a new house and the place is always spotless thanks to it. I just don't have the desire for hoovering but I'll keep surfaces and skirting etc clean when I know this bad boy is on hand to sort the floors out. Wouldn't be without it now and would definitely recommend with mop.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Is there any good robots specifically just for mopping?

reap-a-rat wrote: »
    I ordered the regular one and they sent me the mop one! It's awesome! We have wooden floors and tiles throughout. The only issue I have is on our really high gloss tiles - it leaves a streak on those. But on all the other tiles and the wood it's super. Really can't fault it - we bought it in July after moving into a new house and the place is always spotless thanks to it. I just don't have the desire for hoovering but I'll keep surfaces and skirting etc clean when I know this bad boy is on hand to sort the floors out. Wouldn't be without it now and would definitely recommend with mop.

How does it work? do you fill it with water?

I had one previously which was supposed to mop but in reality it had a bit of cloth stuck to the bottom of it....

How does it work? do you fill it with water?

I had one previously which was supposed to mop but in reality it had a bit of cloth stuck to the bottom of it....

There's an additional fitting that you fill with water (I put some Flash in as well) and there's a removable cloth thing on it that you dampen first. There's a specific mop function you can activate from the app so I think it reduces the vacuum power and focuses on the mopping. Then when it's done you can take the cloth off and bung it in the wash. I would have been very sceptical until I tried it for myself!

There's an additional fitting that you fill with water (I put some Flash in as well) and there's a removable cloth thing on it that you dampen first. There's a specific mop function you can activate from the app so I think it reduces the vacuum power and focuses on the mopping. Then when it's done you can take the cloth off and bung it in the wash. I would have been very sceptical until I tries it for myself!

Can you send it out first to hoover only and then out afterwards to mop? or is it supposed to do both at same time?

At the moment I send out my hoover twice each night....dirty bloody kids :P

Can you send it out first to hoover only and then out afterwards to mop? or is it supposed to do both at same time?

At the moment I send out my hoover twice each night....dirty bloody kids :P

I send it out to hoover first. I can do that from anywhere. You need to be there to attach the mop fitting then after.

• Advertisement

I send it out to hoover first. I can do that from anywhere. You need to be there to attach the mop fitting then after.

Think I am better looking for seperate mop so....I would like the hoover to go out and then later on the mop to go out

During the day I cant send out as kids think it is a car to ride on :p

Advertisement