Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roomba or equivalent?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Think I am better looking for seperate mop so....I would like the hoover to go out and then later on the mop to go out

During the day I cant send out as kids think it is a car to ride on :p

Go the Xiaomi Roborock on Friday - 4 days later gotta say he is a member of our family LOL

Cleaned up where we couldnt normally reach (under the couch for example) and can suck up pretty heavy things like bottle caps (yup). Easy to clean and gotta say the app has all you need. I tried to find anything you could complain about but mapping, timers, tracking is all there

Havent tried the mop yet as we had guests, but will try it later this week. So far seems like a good purchase.

One interesting thing is it has HEPA filter and it picks up all the small particles so even though we vacuumed the house regularly it seems (especially the carpet) a tad cleaner

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Shaunoc

og2k7 wrote: »
    Go the Xiaomi Roborock on Friday - 4 days later gotta say he is a member of our family LOL

Cleaned up where we couldnt normally reach (under the couch for example) and can suck up pretty heavy things like bottle caps (yup). Easy to clean and gotta say the app has all you need. I tried to find anything you could complain about but mapping, timers, tracking is all there

Havent tried the mop yet as we had guests, but will try it later this week. So far seems like a good purchase.

One interesting thing is it has HEPA filter and it picks up all the small particles so even though we vacuumed the house regularly it seems (especially the carpet) a tad cleaner

curious to know how you get on with mop and if you are finding the dirt tray big enough or you have to empty regularly?
    we have 2 hair producing dogs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Shaunoc wrote: »
    curious to know how you get on with mop and if you are finding the dirt tray big enough or you have to empty regularly?

I have the V1 which is similar only without the mop. No issue with the dirt tray. It will text you when full but it will cover 200m2 in my house and pick up a lot of dirt and still not be full. clean it out most days because I send it out twice every night....while nobody is around it is better to give it a good hoover....especially when I dont have to do it :p

I have the V1 which is similar only without the mop. No issue with the dirt tray. It will text you when full but it will cover 200m2 in my house and pick up a lot of dirt and still not be full. clean it out most days because I send it out twice every night....while nobody is around it is better to give it a good hoover....especially when I dont have to do it :p

getting sorely tempted.
    will wait till black friday/cyber monday for V2 to see what happens
    its 400 sterling on amazon prime atm
    i think i will be sending it out on a similar floor area - it will keep those hairy monsters on their toes at night

• Registered Users Posts: 16,527 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Anyone have an opinion on what's the best vac for dog hair ?
    Dog sheds like a ****er and id be buying one especially for that purpose.

• Advertisement

Tested the mop functionality and very impressed: there is a warning to be around the house when the programme is running and use virtual walls or remove all carpets - they dont recommend using any liquids/oils (not to block the vacuum) so the use might be limited to water, but the floor was spotless

19 automated cleanups later gotta say that it is one of the better purchases in a very long time: cannot see any pet hair (@yabadabado - this might be a good option).

One thing to bear in mind: it doesnt do multiple floors so when we moved it, it had to rescan the floor again (it did help that the layout is almost the same). Tested the stairs detection and cleaned very close to the edge but far enough not to fall.

@Shanunoc: clean the tray every day: so have daily cleanups and clean the tray daily and its half-full now (when we started using it 2 weeks ago was full and packed): cat + 2 kids and 3 adults

Mop is okay and will use it once a month I think, tray is small-ish but big enough for 40sq m of cleaning. I have no issues cleaning it daily and the house is really clean since we got it

Tested the mop functionality and very impressed: there is a warning to be around the house when the programme is running and use virtual walls or remove all carpets - they dont recommend using any liquids/oils (not to block the vacuum) so the use might be limited to water, but the floor was spotless

19 automated cleanups later gotta say that it is one of the better purchases in a very long time: cannot see any pet hair (@yabadabado - this might be a good option).

One thing to bear in mind: it doesnt do multiple floors so when we moved it, it had to rescan the floor again (it did help that the layout is almost the same). Tested the stairs detection and cleaned very close to the edge but far enough not to fall.

@Shanunoc: clean the tray every day: so have daily cleanups and clean the tray daily and its half-full now (when we started using it 2 weeks ago was full and packed): cat + 2 kids and 3 adults

i have never been so excited about a non power tool power tool
    saving the pennies till end of november, will then unleash this upon the dogs

Why would you move it? just open the doors to all the rooms and it will go from one room to another. If you move it then it doesn't know where it is anymore and won't be able to find it's way back to the charge point

I send it off and it will clean 7-8 rooms if I leave the doors open, then it heads back to charge point.....

I do pick it up and put it into an area of house, it will clean away and then text me when it can't get back to charge point

Why would you move it? just open the doors to all the rooms and it will go from one room to another. If you move it then it doesn't know where it is anymore and won't be able to find it's way back to the charge point

I send it off and it will clean 7-8 rooms if I leave the doors open, then it heads back to charge point.....

I do pick it up and put it into an area of house, it will clean away and then text me when it can't get back to charge point

I was referring to moving him (kids think now he's a member of the family) upstairs so not other option to do it.

One thing that we noticed is the air in the house feels fresh(er) - must be that HEPA filter built in

• Advertisement

i have never been so excited about a non power tool power tool
    saving the pennies till end of november, will then unleash this upon the dogs

You wont be disappointed: the reviews for That Xiaomi Roborock put him on par with 1k Dysons or Neatos so its that good. Very very good suction: when you are buying would recommend to get the spare parts ordered: work out a tad cheaper vs ordering separately.

The app is class too

• Registered Users Posts: 20,043 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

robot vacuums are brilliant, i have a neato d3 and got a bargain eco bot slim v2 to go under the sofas upstairs. the thing with these hoovers is that they keep under beds etc very clean which is great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Would love to get a robot vacuum to Hoover all of our cottage timber floor/tiles and carpet but we have a step down out of each room so assume it could only do one room at a time? And from what I can see would have to map each room every time it gets moved ? So probably not really an option?

Would love to get a robot vacuum to Hoover all of our cottage timber floor/tiles and carpet but we have a step down out of each room so assume it could only do one room at a time? And from what I can see would have to map each room every time it gets moved ? So probably not really an option?

temporary ramps?

Is you could allow them to move between rooms (temporary ramps perhaps as suggested) it would scan the whole lot and just treat it as 1 area

That Roborock we got can get over obstacles up to 1 inch tall so not too bad and was expecting it to stop where it went over the table legs (so they are actually clean now :) )

Is you could allow them to move between rooms (temporary ramps perhaps as suggested) it would scan the whole lot and just treat it as 1 area

That Roborock we got can get over obstacles up to 1 inch tall so not too bad and was expecting it to stop where it went over the table legs (so they are actually clean now :) )

you on commission :D
    anyway i'm sold

you on commission :D
    anyway i'm sold

I should be LOL

But seriously though recommended Xiaomi S2 phone to 4 ppl: 2 already bought it (great phone btw) so I should be getting something in :)

They are getting close to Apple quality and the apps are well polished for a Chinese brand

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jmBuildExt

the apps are well polished for a Chinese brand
    Off topic : Do they not just run android? I agree all their stuff seems good quality for the price.

jmBuildExt wrote: »
    Off topic : Do they not just run android? I agree all their stuff seems good quality for the price.

Do you mean like devices run Android internally or work on Android devices?

Internally they use (for the hoover anyways) Ubuntu Linux but all work on both iOS and Android

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jmBuildExt

Do you mean like devices run Android internally or work on Android devices?

Internally they use (for the hoover anyways) Ubuntu Linux but all work on both iOS and Android

Nah Im talking about the xiaomi phones. Are they running android?

• Advertisement

jmBuildExt wrote: »
    Nah Im talking about the xiaomi phones. Are they running android?

Xiaomi phones run android like every other phone more or less

The app to use for Xiaomi hoover etc will work on iphone as well

If anyone is looking for an inexpensive smart vacuum that will fit under almost any furniture I have a ecovac deebot slim V2 on adverts at the moment brand new

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Where are people buying the Xiaomi hoover from?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,527 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Where are people buying the Xiaomi hoover from?

2nd gen is €349 from TomTop. Shipping is from German warehouse.

I only had a quick look but that seems to be the best option.

Tomtop website,damned auto correct.

have u a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭taytobreath

or gearbest

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I've held back due to price and practicality, mainly. Going around the house by hand with a cordless yolk isn't too bad, but y'know, gadgets and temptation! Can probably figure out the docking station location OK which makes it more doable. I'm curious about stairs and it not tipping over. Had a look at a video and it seems OK there. After it maps your rooms, or whatever the term is, does it ignore obstacles based on its run through and note those for future cleans? Say, if you moved some chairs what would it do next time?

I've held back due to price and practicality, mainly. Going around the house by hand with a cordless yolk isn't too bad, but y'know, gadgets and temptation! Can probably figure out the docking station location OK which makes it more doable. I'm curious about stairs and it not tipping over. Had a look at a video and it seems OK there. After it maps your rooms, or whatever the term is, does it ignore obstacles based on its run through and note those for future cleans? Say, if you moved some chairs what would it do next time?

Roborock seems to remember where the chairs were so stumbles for a sec and then continues and I think the floor is remapped at this stage. I have seen this earlier today and he stopped and then continued cleaning

it wont fall down the stairs as it has drop sensors and if they get dirty the hoover will stop and prompt you to clean it before it can continue. For the stairs: keep your cordless one and do it that way

We are now on week 3 and bar some massive debris (i was fixing some of the skirting boards) we havent used the main hoover since then so money well spent it seems.

Hope this helps

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Thanks og2k7. If the docking station is downstairs, and you manually carry the device upstairs, what does it do when it's finished cleaning? Wait until you carry it downstairs and directs itself back to the charging station?

Edit, going to have a read here. https://www.reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/comments/7lobtt/mi_robot_vacuum_2_roborock_s50_how_does_it_handle/

Advertisement