Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Redmi Note 4 Bootloop

• 03-01-2017 4:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭

My sister in law asked me to buy her Nephew a phone for Christmas so I bought a Redmi Note 4. On an ordinary day a good phone until it was handed to me yesterday stuck on a Bootloop and I'm wondering if some wiser folks in here can assist as I've been through the forums and tried a lot of stuff.

Problems I'm facing are

Power + Volume Up does Nothing other than continues the cycle of bootloop
    Power + Down will get to Mr Bunny and the Fastboot but that's about it

I've installed the Programs from different forum suggestions and the closest I can get it using the Flash Tool to Flash the current listed ROM(Global) and it takes enough time(looks like it's working) but alas when I power back the phone it just returns to the boot looping.

Product Support is next to useless and fobbed me off with "Oh, we don't have support for your country". :mad:

Any advice on how to get this device back working in some shape or form?

FYI, Bootloader is locked by Miu

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Catmologen

Berty wrote: »
    My sister in law asked me to buy her Nephew a phone for Christmas so I bought a Redmi Note 4. On an ordinary day a good phone until it was handed to me yesterday stuck on a Bootloop and I'm wondering if some wiser folks in here can assist as I've been through the forums and tried a lot of stuff.

Problems I'm facing are

Power + Volume Up does Nothing other than continues the cycle of bootloop
    Power + Down will get to Mr Bunny and the Fastboot but that's about it

I've installed the Programs from different forum suggestions and the closest I can get it using the Flash Tool to Flash the current listed ROM(Global) and it takes enough time(looks like it's working) but alas when I power back the phone it just returns to the boot looping.

Product Support is next to useless and fobbed me off with "Oh, we don't have support for your country". :mad:

Any advice on how to get this device back working in some shape or form?

FYI, Bootloader is locked by Miu

Flash MIUI 7 or 8 using Fastboot method. There is a guide here:
    http://www.technobuzz.net/flash-miui-8-fastboot-rom-without-mi-flash-tools/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Seemed positive but in the end that didn't work. Firstly it wouldn't fastboot the system.img but would with everything else but then after a restart did accept the system.img but declined the others saying "partition not allowed" for each of them.

:(

Advertisement