Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longest cycle 2016 ?

Options
  • 03-01-2017 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

Love looking at everyone's stats for 2016. Just wondering what is the longest anyone cycled last year in one go ? Me 383 km Celtic knot day one after getting lost a few times. Should have been a meagre 360 😉 15 hours 20 minutes cycling time. 18 total. Not on Strava so can't share sorry.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭Doc07

I feel very ordinary in comparison. Did 311 total doing a wonderful 300km audax in August. Previous longest cycle had been 200.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

And even more ordinary here for a 235k spin exploring South Wicklow and North Wexford and getting also lost a few times in the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

A mere 176k for me!.... but it included 4000meters (Mt. Ventoux) of climbing so I don't feel too bad!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

148 for me, on a touring spin with Alek of this Parish along the Grand Canal and the Barrow Way https://www.strava.com/activities/605957799

Lovely spin, although I was slightly tired come day 2...

[IMG][/img]Capture7.pnggif hosting

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

ciaeim wrote: »
    Love looking at everyone's stats for 2016. Just wondering what is the longest anyone cycled last year in one go ? Me 383 km Celtic knot day one after getting lost a few times. Should have been a meagre 360 😉 15 hours 20 minutes cycling time. 18 total. Not on Strava so can't share sorry.

Jaysus I must have been with you. got lost on day 1 too. (I'm lovin it?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Started cycling (as a kid but) from scratch properly in April last , culminating in 186 km @ 28 avg on a single day in June and another similar in September , they being my longest......yet ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭selwyn froggitt

245km on the Pink Elephant Audax in mid October. I rode to and from the start/finish from home (coz i'm a hero)

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ciaeim

meercat wrote: »
    Jaysus I must have been with you. got lost on day 1 too. (I'm lovin it?)

No only 2 with me and know both of them. But we must have met at the aspire if u did it. Found the route sheet hard to follow each day and ended up with close to 1100 for 3 days. Last day we had to backtrack about 20 k to get back on route.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

71.7km over 2h 53m, 469m climbing, 30/1/16:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

No only 2 with me and know both of them. But we must have met at the aspire if u did it. Found the route sheet hard to follow each day and ended up with close to 1100 for 3 days. Last day we had to backtrack about 20 k to get back on route.

Yeah 1080 for me. Totally lost on day 3 too.may have met you in the centre alright but i wasnt full of the chat. Will be better prepared this year hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 ADW1

Midleton 200, completed with a friend (206.6km, 1,943m climbing, Average 26km/hour) completed on a 29er mountain bike (knobbly tires and all)!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

colm18 wrote: »
    148 for me, on a touring spin with Alek of this Parish along the Grand Canal and the Barrow Way https://www.strava.com/activities/605957799

A top speed of 170km/h? Nice!

My best was the Boards Evil. I think it was 210km.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Euro Fred

425km, Dublin - Galway - Dublin, done it in 20 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Corker1

I rode 312 km on the Mallorca 312 Sportive last April. A brilliant day out with some clubmates. A very memorable sportive that I would recommend to anyone if you don't mind the early season training. Riding time on bike was a little less than 11.5 hours and about 4,700M climbing if I recall.

Euro Fred wrote: »
    425km, Dublin - Galway - Dublin, done it in 20 hours

That's some going. Were you on your own ?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Euro Fred

That's some going. Were you on your own ?

Yeah, it was a brilliant day out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Beara 400 & Brown Stuff 400 had been on bucket list for a year or so, only got to do Brown Stuff 400.

440km in total with about 5000m climbing in 20h 30m total. Fasted start and had breakfast in Blessington at about 180km (chocolate milk ftw 😀). Only proper food was soup and Sandwich in Largagh.

Corrabut gap with 300 odd in legs was interesting, whimped out and skipped climb to mast.

The most stressful part of day was avoiding potential drunk drivers, but it there was no problem in the end.

I won't be doing anything like that again

ford2600 wrote: »
    Beara 400 & Brown Stuff 400 had been on bucket list for a year or so, only got to do Brown Stuff 400.

440km in total with about 5000m climbing in 20h 30m total. Fasted start and had breakfast in Blessington at about 180km (chocolate milk ftw 😀). Only proper food was soup and Sandwich in Largagh.

Corrabut gap with 300 odd in legs was interesting, whimped out and skipped climb to mast.

The most stressful part of day was avoiding potential drunk drivers, but it there was no problem in the end.

I won't be doing anything like that again

180 before breakfast makes my head hurt 😭

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

colm18 wrote: »

Cemetery for water refill?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

ford2600 wrote: »
    Cemetery for water refill?

For a long rest :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

My longest self-contained spin was the Evil - 290km - mostly going up.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

daragh_ wrote: »
    My longest self-contained spin was the Evil - 290km - mostly going up.

Showing that while the thread might imply that all KMs are equal, some KMs are clearly more equal than others ;)

While I can get around the WW200 handily enough albeit slowly, I reckon I'd be well chuffed to make it around the first 150k of the Evil.

Advertisement