Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anywhere Sell Corn Bread?

Options
  • 03-01-2017 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭

Does anywhere in Dublin sell corn bread anymore?. Cant find anywhere since Superquinn at the time sold it then stopped. That was lovely bread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

You could try the Bretzel Bakery in Portobello - www.bretzel.ie - they do a lot of different and unusual breads.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    You could try the Bretzel Bakery in Portobello - www.bretzel.ie - they do a lot of different and unusual breads.

That looks like a cracking bakery. Ive never been but will visit soon, good find. I checked their list of breads but it isn't listed. I sent them a message just in case.

califano wrote: »
    That looks like a cracking bakery. Ive never been but will visit soon, good find. I checked their list of breads but it isn't listed. I sent them a message just in case.
    It's amazing!

They've a whole heap more breads than are shown on the website - I don't know why they don't list more.

Well worth a visit.

ETA - there's also a place called Bread Naturally over in Raheny - I've never actually been in it but I've seen FB posts from it and it looks amazing! They might be worth a shout if the Bretzel can't help you.

It's amazing!

They've a whole heap more breads than are shown on the website - I don't know why they don't list more.

Well worth a visit.

ETA - there's also a place called Bread Naturally over in Raheny - I've never actually been in it but I've seen FB posts from it and it looks amazing! They might be worth a shout if the Bretzel can't help you.

No way im only 3 miles away and no stranger to Raheny but had no idea this existed as its a tight stretch downhill when your driving past so no time to look at anything. Ill take a visit soon and report back. Corn bread or not some quality looking loafs there!. Again thanks for the tip!

califano wrote: »
    No way im only 3 miles away and no stranger to Raheny but had no idea this existed as its a tight stretch downhill when your driving past so no time to look at anything. Ill take a visit soon and report back. Corn bread or not some quality looking loafs there!. Again thanks for the tip!
    Most welcome!

Please do report back - good, proper, real bread is an absolute passion of mine, always glad to find another good source! Be interested in trying cornbread as well - not sure I've ever tasted it.

• Advertisement

Most welcome!

Please do report back - good, proper, real bread is an absolute passion of mine, always glad to find another good source! Be interested in trying cornbread as well - not sure I've ever tasted it.

Its a real lighy soft aero like bread. The one Supervalu used do would be sliced like a brennans pan but be golden in colour which the egg would account for i guess, youd nearly tear it buttering it. Nothing like the google images youd see. The corn meal supposedly making it better for you than normal bread they say!.
    Think they give it to the prisoners in the deep south. As seen in The Green Mile!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,707 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

That bakery Bread Naturally in Raheny is amazing. Lots of treats using recipes from all over the world. More a bread place than a cake place with good Focaccia. Their plain baguettes are something to behold. Get in early though!

John_Rambo wrote: »
    That bakery Bread Naturally in Raheny is amazing. Lots of treats using recipes from all over the world. More a bread place than a cake place with good Focaccia. Their plain baguettes are something to behold. Get in early though!
    Hmmm.... I may have to dig out the passport and make a pilgrimage over there some day soon :D

Foccaccia.... mmmmmmm!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

... Or you could bake your own. Budgetbytes.com has a recipe I use, swapping in fine polenta for the grits/whatever stuff they use in the US. I'm not much of a baker but the bread I make is nice with chilli. I make it in a Pyrex dish, then cut it into wedges, putting the leftovers into the freezer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement