Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom F1000 or PC issue

Options
  • 03-01-2017 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am trying to fix a PC for a 70 year old man and the PC is misbehaving. He cannot connect to his F1000 eircom router. Sometimes it will work and other times no hope. The same PC will happily connect to my home Wifi, my iphone hotspot so it was pointing to the router but everyone else can connect PC's, iphones and android phones to it no problem.

Win 10 PC Dell less than a year old. This PC has no wired ethernet port so that is out of the question.

What was done :

1. Disabled IPv6 in PC settings for card
    2. Forgot Wifi password and re-entered
    3. Enable/disable device
    4. Deleted device, rebooted and Reloaded driver
    5. Deleted driver and loaded driver from Dell website
    6. Scanned PC for viruses, malware using Avast, DrCureIT, MalwareBytes.
    7. Ran CCleaner on registry and background files.
    8. Rebooted many times

I can see the network and others in the vicinity. Can still connect to wifi hotspot from my phone but still no connection to F1000.

I am down to a windows recovery next without really ruling out the PC or the Router. Any ideas welcome.

There is a very odd message over the wifi connection when on the odd occasion it decides to connect that I cannot explain (UK Government Department for Work and Pensions). But if I look in the wifi connections list, I get the correct Eircom one listed. The connections are random and I cannot nail down a reason. It will not hold the network password. I thought it was IPv6 for quite a while before giving up.

4F7D9193-ABBC-477C-88EA-10F1E78B0D6C_zpssvo8g4wi.jpg

4321D3B4-9EFC-4740-8D5B-517F4D8227A8_zps3ucjr5gi.jpg

Advertisement