Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pension and Added Years for Professional and Technical Service.

Options
  • 03-01-2017 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Any advice on what people are getting for added years to pension for Technical and Professional Service.

I was looking at the TUI diary and it says that you may be entitled to up to 10 added years.

I checked my job description and a masters was a requirement.

Would this entitle me to any added years.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,518 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Your best bet is to ask TUI or your ETB as everyone's past can be very different. Be prepared to take it to some form of mediation if union and ETB don't agree

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Thanks, I would have been a late joiner as I studied part-time to get my degree / masters (having completed a trade that was not relevant to my teaching), complicated further by their 3 year post qualification requirement for a permanent job.

I am a few years off yet but I won't be eligible to apply until I am retiring.

I am also in Third level in an IOT.

Advertisement